Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

watch out scum at large........

watch out scum at large........

Old Oct 4th 2006, 4:55 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute
Default watch out scum at large........

Hi. All,
Been in our rental in kinross just over a week and yesterday some low life scum, tried to break in through the patio door . I must have disturbed them as I only popped out with the kids for a couple of hours and all was well before we left. The door has a slight gap where they tried to prize it open and lock doesn't line up if the door is shut tight, so I had to stay in all day, to make sure they didn't come back to finish the job. the door will be fixed tomorrow and we still have all our things so we are very lucky I refuse to let slimy scummy bastards get me down. Its a good job I didn't catch them
(my better half don't call me pit bull for nothing) LOL

Well at least I had my reality check early LOL
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:21 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: watch out scum at large........

Originally Posted by Mysterio
Hi. All,
Been in our rental in kinross just over a week and yesterday some low life scum, tried to break in through the patio door . I must have disturbed them as I only popped out with the kids for a couple of hours and all was well before we left. The door has a slight gap where they tried to prize it open and lock doesn't line up if the door is shut tight, so I had to stay in all day, to make sure they didn't come back to finish the job. the door will be fixed tomorrow and we still have all our things so we are very lucky I refuse to let slimy scummy bastards get me down. Its a good job I didn't catch them

Oh no what a nightmare! Have to say, when we rented a house in Perth when we was on holiday Dale was horrified at how un-secure the house was.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:04 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh how awful.
You were right to stay in the day after - you never know.
Leave lights on and beef up security. Put up a 'Beware of the dog' sign.
Hopefully they will be caught soon
J x
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. All,

I trust thats kinross in scotland you are talking about, just as well its not Glasow they would have done the job right and took the patio doors the patio, the carpet, the WIFE
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
I trust thats kinross in scotland you are talking about, just as well its not Glasow they would have done the job right and took the patio doors the patio, the carpet, the WIFE
Kinross in Perth I think you'll find.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune

Why do they only have thieves in Kinross in Scotland opposed to having none in the one in Australia?
Think you'll find they've made the long haul move to Aus and someones tried to burgle them. Can happen anywhere! :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:39 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised at the shocking lack of security when I first arrived. Hubby rarely locks up the back of the house, though the front door gets locked at night.
Thankfully, we have a massive rotti roaming free in the back who is a great deterent and alarm system however, hubb,y being a builder knows that anybody can get into ANY house and you don't even have to use the doors or windows!
If someone wants to get in.... they will
I lock up regularly and we have the dogs and an alarm system but I still think if someone wanted to get in that badly... they would.

All of this, and the car (parked in the drive) has been burgled on a number of occasions. We just don't leave anything of value in there anymore.

Siren
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's strange that the burglar alarm is wired to the mains box on the outside of the house. Burglars can just turn of the electric and the alarm goes off.

Don't know who came up with that bright idea
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:03 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Oh no what a nightmare! Have to say, when we rented a house in Perth when we was on holiday Dale was horrified at how un-secure the house was.
Kids could break into Perth new-build. Spat together.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: watch out scum at large........

Hi. All,

Doesn't it make your blood boil! We were burglared abiut 3 months ago in the rental house and we still look to see any body is wearing my teenage son traines and riding the push bike! Good job you didn't catch them good for you for bieng poitive that can be hard sometimes