Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Macquarie
I'm here!
Sleeping Beauty - sod the washing and please feel free to pm me if you fancy a coffee and/or a shop and/or a sounding board.
Julie
Hi Julie

I have finally made the step and posted since landing on this side, I used to post in the UK, however, since arriving I am having difficulty settling in and have just been 'lurking' on here!

I have posted on another thread to Sleeping Beauty, thought I would post to you on here! I am in Cessnock, about 40 minutes from Charlestown. I envy the Perth ladies who seem to have a fantastic network, however I realise that is not going to happen if I simply 'lurk', hence posting today! Hopefully I have turned a corner!!

Nikki x
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i know, i know, this has been covered countless times. i sat here yesterday, going through all the old threads about it, armed with a notebook, and listing everything down. i am in dire need of some help.........

sons school polo shirts, last monday, came out of school with paint on it. okay, paint from schools normally come out in the wash. not this paint

i have soaked it for 2 days, i have washed it 5 times, i have sprayed it with stain thingy before washing it, i have added napisan vanish into the wash, i have made the paste with the aforementioned napisan vanish, and applied it to the stains.............nothing, they are still there. so now he is down to one polo shirt for school. he came out yesterday, with some stains on his one good one. so, i washed them both again last night, boosting my wash (i have an extra button which washes heavy solied stuff better, adds on more time to the wash, but usually does the trick), and adding yet more of the napisan after spraying the stains - AGAIN!!

now i have 2 polo shirts with stains on that i CANNOT get out for the life of me :scared:

i know this sounds trivial to a lot of you, but having moved over here in august, i have found myself not settling too well, much to my horror. hubbie has settled in great, kids are doing okay. me? not so good................so, everything that isnt going right is a real trauma at the mo, reducing me to tears etc.

can anyone sugggest what to do with these blasted school shirts, apart from buying new ones, which we cant really do as hubbies wage isnt enough to live off at the moment.

please dont take the p**s out of this, due to my delicate frame of mind and me wanting to go back to the UK at every other hour, you might just push me over the edge

Dave a.k.a. walla had a laundry thread in the lounge area of the forum that was quite helpful. If you need a laundry expert he's your guy.

Why not do a search of the lounge and pose your question there. He's not around too much, but I bet you he could help.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:12 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi Julie

I have finally made the step and posted since landing on this side, I used to post in the UK, however, since arriving I am having difficulty settling in and have just been 'lurking' on here!

I have posted on another thread to Sleeping Beauty, thought I would post to you on here! I am in Cessnock, about 40 minutes from Charlestown. I envy the Perth ladies who seem to have a fantastic network, however I realise that is not going to happen if I simply 'lurk', hence posting today! Hopefully I have turned a corner!!

Nikki x
nikki, i will pm you for us to meet up.

to all the others, nope, the stain is still there!!!! i have tried the hairspray bit, and given it to the sister who washed it twice in a cold wash. oh well, think i will ask at school what sort of paint it was.

you have all been very helpful, thanks
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:13 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macquarie
I'm here!
Sleeping Beauty - sod the washing and please feel free to pm me if you fancy a coffee and/or a shop and/or a sounding board.
Julie
julie, will pm you as well
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
julie, will pm you as well
Yep - got it thanks.
Could maybe meet you and Nikki next week in town along the foreshore if you both like for a coffee or whatever. Got to go to work now - will arrange later.
Julie
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Got both your PM's. Really looking forward to meeting you both next week.

Nikki x