Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:08 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Karen72
Hi, I know it may sound daft but have you tried washing up liquid on it first, if it's an oil based paint it may start to lift it, then napisan etc will give it a boost, hope it helps.x
thanks karen, i will try that on my next wash

thanks for all your replies everybody. it isnt important in the grand scheme of things, but <<<<<<<shrugs shoulders>>>>>>>>, getting something right might give me a lift up.......gawd dont i sound mawdling now
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you anyone you can chat to face to face? a parent of said child's friend, some one off here? Whereabouts in NSW are you - can we help in anyway?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Have you anyone you can chat to face to face? a parent of said child's friend, some one off here? Whereabouts in NSW are you - can we help in anyway?
not spoke to anyone at sons school yet apart from his teacher. it's not for the want of trying, i smile at people etc, just seems a no-go area on that. i know that will change in time, i understand that. i prompted the kids to join in little athletics here, to try to mingle etc, but again, apart from the odd smile, nothing. i do speak to a couple of ladies (neighbour and at cricket), but not someone who i can open up to.

knowing that its okay to feel like this and that it is quite normal at this stage, which i get from off BE, helps.

thanks for the offer of help. i am in semi-rural NSW, near newcastle. sometimes though, it is easier to 'sound off' on BE, rather than speak to someone face to face, especially as i am very emotional most days. today i am not too bad, done some cleaning etc, so hubbie wont have to walk on egg-shells around me tonight

.................its just the damn paint thing....arrggh :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly a very silly question but did you wash it in hot or cold water? I wash in cold and find that a bit of stain remover on the stain or some napisan in the wash gets rid of it whatever it is.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:16 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Possibly a very silly question but did you wash it in hot or cold water? I wash in cold and find that a bit of stain remover on the stain or some napisan in the wash gets rid of it whatever it is.

I cold wash too...always have and find it works well for me!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:21 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
I cold wash too...always have and find it works well for me!
.......i have brought with me my front loader from the uk. BUT, it only has a cold water pipe plumbed in (same in the uk). the washing machine must heat the water up itself as it only gets fed cold water (not red pipe, only blue).

i can wash at any temperature, right up to 90 degrees.

what i might do, is give it to my sister to have a bash at it. she has a top loader.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:25 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
.......i have brought with me my front loader from the uk. BUT, it only has a cold water pipe plumbed in (same in the uk). the washing machine must heat the water up itself as it only gets fed cold water (not red pipe, only blue).

i can wash at any temperature, right up to 90 degrees.

what i might do, is give it to my sister to have a bash at it. she has a top loader.

Give it a go...I use a top loader and I dont get stains unless I dont treat them properly...
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Karen72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to all
Smile Re: wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Hi, i moved over to brisbane in June and found it very up and down, i reckon it's really normal but my husband seems to have settled amazingly as does my son. I'm hoping it will calm down as some point, but i agree small things can sometimes be really big when you feel like that. I'm alright at the moment, but they are famous last words. If you need a contact near newcastle my sister lives in sydney suburb and she has a friend who has just moved to near newcastle, i could get her email for you if you like she's really nice! karen.x

not spoke to anyone at sons school yet apart from his teacher. it's not for the want of trying, i smile at people etc, just seems a no-go area on that. i know that will change in time, i understand that. i prompted the kids to join in little athletics here, to try to mingle etc, but again, apart from the odd smile, nothing. i do speak to a couple of ladies (neighbour and at cricket), but not someone who i can open up to.

knowing that its okay to feel like this and that it is quite normal at this stage, which i get from off BE, helps.

thanks for the offer of help. i am in semi-rural NSW, near newcastle. sometimes though, it is easier to 'sound off' on BE, rather than speak to someone face to face, especially as i am very emotional most days. today i am not too bad, done some cleaning etc, so hubbie wont have to walk on egg-shells around me tonight

.................its just the damn paint thing....arrggh :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:52 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Karen72
Hi, i moved over to brisbane in June and found it very up and down, i reckon it's really normal but my husband seems to have settled amazingly as does my son. I'm hoping it will calm down as some point, but i agree small things can sometimes be really big when you feel like that. I'm alright at the moment, but they are famous last words. If you need a contact near newcastle my sister lives in sydney suburb and she has a friend who has just moved to near newcastle, i could get her email for you if you like she's really nice! karen.x
thats really nice karen. if you can pm me her details.

my husband seems to have settled in really well, as well. bloody men
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure there are other's on here in Newcastle, just can't think of any names at the mo. Will keep thinking
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

i am a hairdresser, and cheap hair spray gets most paint etc of of school shirts etc really spray it on the more the better so it's wet then rub it usually comes out you might need to repeat or wait a min or two,
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Karen72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to all

that's a fabulous tip, i'm going to remember that as my son get all sorts on him!!! I've contacted my sister in sydney and she's going to get in touch with her friend in newcastle to get her email address. k.x

Originally Posted by charlie brown
i am a hairdresser, and cheap hair spray gets most paint etc of of school shirts etc really spray it on the more the better so it's wet then rub it usually comes out you might need to repeat or wait a min or two,
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:47 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by charlie brown

what a great tip, thanks. will send hubbie to bi-lo when he gets home.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:48 pm
Never going back

[QUOTE=Karen72]that's a fabulous tip, i'm going to remember that as my son get all sorts on him!!! I've contacted my sister in sydney and she's going to get in touch with her friend in newcastle to get her email address. k.x[/QUOTE

thanks to karen and moneypen, and to those that have pm'd me
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I am sure there are other's on here in Newcastle, just can't think of any names at the mo. Will keep thinking
I'm here!
Sleeping Beauty - sod the washing and please feel free to pm me if you fancy a coffee and/or a shop and/or a sounding board.
Julie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.