Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:05 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

i know, i know, this has been covered countless times. i sat here yesterday, going through all the old threads about it, armed with a notebook, and listing everything down. i am in dire need of some help.........

sons school polo shirts, last monday, came out of school with paint on it. okay, paint from schools normally come out in the wash. not this paint

i have soaked it for 2 days, i have washed it 5 times, i have sprayed it with stain thingy before washing it, i have added napisan vanish into the wash, i have made the paste with the aforementioned napisan vanish, and applied it to the stains.............nothing, they are still there. so now he is down to one polo shirt for school. he came out yesterday, with some stains on his one good one. so, i washed them both again last night, boosting my wash (i have an extra button which washes heavy solied stuff better, adds on more time to the wash, but usually does the trick), and adding yet more of the napisan after spraying the stains - AGAIN!!

now i have 2 polo shirts with stains on that i CANNOT get out for the life of me :scared:

i know this sounds trivial to a lot of you, but having moved over here in august, i have found myself not settling too well, much to my horror. hubbie has settled in great, kids are doing okay. me? not so good................so, everything that isnt going right is a real trauma at the mo, reducing me to tears etc.

can anyone sugggest what to do with these blasted school shirts, apart from buying new ones, which we cant really do as hubbies wage isnt enough to live off at the moment.

please dont take the p**s out of this, due to my delicate frame of mind and me wanting to go back to the UK at every other hour, you might just push me over the edge
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wash day problems - help!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i know, i know, this has been covered countless times. i sat here yesterday, going through all the old threads about it, armed with a notebook, and listing everything down. i am in dire need of some help.........

sons school polo shirts, last monday, came out of school with paint on it. okay, paint from schools normally come out in the wash. not this paint

i have soaked it for 2 days, i have washed it 5 times, i have sprayed it with stain thingy before washing it, i have added napisan vanish into the wash, i have made the paste with the aforementioned napisan vanish, and applied it to the stains.............nothing, they are still there. so now he is down to one polo shirt for school. he came out yesterday, with some stains on his one good one. so, i washed them both again last night, boosting my wash (i have an extra button which washes heavy solied stuff better, adds on more time to the wash, but usually does the trick), and adding yet more of the napisan after spraying the stains - AGAIN!!

now i have 2 polo shirts with stains on that i CANNOT get out for the life of me :scared:

i know this sounds trivial to a lot of you, but having moved over here in august, i have found myself not settling too well, much to my horror. hubbie has settled in great, kids are doing okay. me? not so good................so, everything that isnt going right is a real trauma at the mo, reducing me to tears etc.

can anyone sugggest what to do with these blasted school shirts, apart from buying new ones, which we cant really do as hubbies wage isnt enough to live off at the moment.

please dont take the p**s out of this, due to my delicate frame of mind and me wanting to go back to the UK at every other hour, you might just push me over the edge

get a stack of these shipped from the UK, it gets most stains out that I come across with my 2 kids. Curry, tomato puree, paint, pen, red wine comes out with a good wash.

http://www.chaffinch.com/item.cs4?00=dylstain1
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:58 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it is definitely not water-based acrylic paint. More likely enamel paint, which will require mineral turps or paint stripper to remove. However, not knowing what material the shirt is made of, may require experimentation to get it off, though by now it is quite possible it has got to a point were it won't come off without leaving another stain.
Have you contacted the school to find out what has happened and if it was school-based activity why they didn't provide clothes-protection?

Last edited by The Bloke; Oct 23rd 2006 at 1:00 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had the same problem in the past and unless its a water based paint Ive never been able to get it out of my kids shirts. If you cant remove it, try ringing the school and find out if they have a Uniform Pool. You may be able to buy some cheap second hand shirts through them . Good luck
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:10 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
get a stack of these shipped from the UK, it gets most stains out that I come across with my 2 kids. Curry, tomato puree, paint, pen, red wine comes out with a good wash.

http://www.chaffinch.com/item.cs4?00=dylstain1
would love to, you've not got one you can post to me have you, from one northern girl to another
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:11 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

would love to, you've not got one you can post to me have you, from one northern girl to another
PM me your address and I will happily do that, then if you like them you can send for a load, I order 10 at a time!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:13 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Sounds like it is definitely not water-based acrylic paint. More likely enamel paint, which will require mineral turps or paint stripper to remove. However, not knowing what material the shirt is made of, may require experimentation to get it off, though by now it is quite possible it has got to a point were it won't come off without leaving another stain.
Have you contacted the school to find out what has happened and if it was school-based activity why they didn't provide clothes-protection?
you would think it wouid be, at a school, wouldnt you? never had a problem in the uk before, always come out of clothes fine. might try turps on it.

dont think the school is the type to bother about clothes-protection judging by the state of what some of the kids go to school in
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:15 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by christinabell
Ive had the same problem in the past and unless its a water based paint Ive never been able to get it out of my kids shirts. If you cant remove it, try ringing the school and find out if they have a Uniform Pool. You may be able to buy some cheap second hand shirts through them . Good luck
thanks for that. its going in yet another wash in a minute. the colours are fading though, so there maybe hope.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:16 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by northernbird
PM me your address and I will happily do that, then if you like them you can send for a load, I order 10 at a time!!
i cant do that :scared: i was only joking
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

i cant do that :scared: i was only joking
OK then, thought you were serious and would have been happy to do it.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:29 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to buy new stuff...just have a look around all the other kids shirts...if its anything like the school mine go to by the end of term there shirts are covered in all sorts of stains...they are having fun they dont care about a few marks. chill out
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
No need to buy new stuff...just have a look around all the other kids shirts...if its anything like the school mine go to by the end of term there shirts are covered in all sorts of stains...they are having fun they dont care about a few marks. chill out
Agreed, especially with a boy - I'm sure he couldn't give a monkey's, as long as the shirt is clean - ie not covered in food or stinking of sweat, I really would not worry but because of your current situation you are, so please please please, knock this one off your list of problems and put yourself at the top - you are far more important than some school shirt.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:38 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by biggy

mmmmm, know what you are saying.........i would love to chill out and go with the flow, just cant seem to at the moment (see my OP)
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:51 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmmm, know what you are saying.........i would love to chill out and go with the flow, just cant seem to at the moment (see my OP)

I did read your original post, and I know that you are having problems setteling, therefore stressing about trying to get stains out wont be helping you. What I ment was nobody cares about the stains therfore try not to either, the kids get very dirty at school cos they are out more. I really feel for you not being able to settle, hopefully over time things will get better
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Karen72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to all

Hi, I know it may sound daft but have you tried washing up liquid on it first, if it's an oil based paint it may start to lift it, then napisan etc will give it a boost, hope it helps.x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.