Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WARNING TO CHECK YOUR SUPER

WARNING TO CHECK YOUR SUPER

Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default WARNING TO CHECK YOUR SUPER

Thats its ACTUALLY being paid that is!

Mine hasn't been paid by my employer for a year, like everyone else in the team!

Never thought to check it as its 9% taken out of pay and on the payslips every week.

Have just rung super company who have told me the news (we got a heads up yesturday at work in the way of a summonds to our employer from some employees who left a few months ago!)

I have then had to lodge a complaint with the ATO who will hopefully get it back for me. That said it doesn't look good as 3 other summond's arrived yesterday to for other things. I'm getting my stuff out of there after work tomorrow. Don't think I'll have a job left when I get back home from my week in W/A :curse:
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WARNING TO CHECK YOUR SUPER

Originally Posted by hevs
Thats its ACTUALLY being paid that is!

Mine hasn't been paid by my employer for a year, like everyone else in the team!

Never thought to check it as its 9% taken out of pay and on the payslips every week.

Have just rung super company who have told me the news (we got a heads up yesturday at work in the way of a summonds to our employer from some employees who left a few months ago!)

I have then had to lodge a complaint with the ATO who will hopefully get it back for me. That said it doesn't look good as 3 other summond's arrived yesterday to for other things. I'm getting my stuff out of there after work tomorrow. Don't think I'll have a job left when I get back home from my week in W/A :curse:
Thats terrible mate. Hope you manage to get your money back.

Surely you could have found somewhere less boring and isolated to go on holiday Hope you enjoy your time in the snoring state
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:50 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks NB. Not really a holiday.. () One of my oldest friends has just had a baby and had a had time, Aunty Hevs is going to lend a hand.

Its worse than Perth though! I'll be in Geraldton
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Thanks NB. Not really a holiday.. () One of my oldest friends has just had a baby and had a had time, Aunty Hevs is going to lend a hand.

Its worse than Perth though! I'll be in Geraldton
sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you enjoy spending time with them.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey - that isnt good at all! My super fund sends me a monthly statement - maybe it is because I salary sacrifice into it as well but at least I know the money is going in there somehow. I hope they can sort it all out for you because that is dead scary!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:58 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Smallish employers not paying into the super fund is really common. I think it happened to glittababe or one of her friends not long ago.

Small companies are always strapped for cash. Hanging on to the super and using the money to pay suppliers must seem "easy".

Employers used to do that in the UK as well. Until they introduced a watch-dog with teeth and made withholding super a criminal offence. I think something like that is needed here in Oz as well.

Gina
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:10 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Smallish employers not paying into the super fund is really common. I think it happened to glittababe or one of her friends not long ago.

Small companies are always strapped for cash. Hanging on to the super and using the money to pay suppliers must seem "easy".

Employers used to do that in the UK as well. Until they introduced a watch-dog with teeth and made withholding super a criminal offence. I think something like that is needed here in Oz as well.

Gina

The ATO view it as an offence and whilst I do not know all the details from the legal perspective the fines are horrendous for a company and employees who have late or incorrect payments made by the company are supposed to be compensated for all underpayments of funds and associated interest accurals.

That said if the company declare bankrupt there will be other loopholes no doubt

Sorry to here your news Hevs hope you get better news soon and enjoy Gerladton
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

Thanks Sandra

Yes, I have lodged a claim through the ATO who take this very seriously.
She will now get a fine, legal costs etc.

But yeah, I'm sure if she goes bankrupt they'll be some get out of jail free card! :curse:

Anyway, I'm going in tomorrow and telling her that my equipment (which I took in to make work easier for me) is leaving after I finish work at 9pm. HOWEVER I'm not leaving...if I do I loose rights to collect holiday pay etc if it hits the fan...