Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Walkabout - West End

The Walkabout - West End

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:34 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Walkabout - West End

A few weeks ago, whilst collapsing on the sofa after another action packed evening of playing Power Rangers with my boys, Mrs Lapthorn turned to me and said:

"do you realise dearest, it has been more than 6 years since we've had a night away from the kids"

So we've just got back from an overnighter in London. Went to the Walkabout last night. Anyone ever been??

Not like I expected - full of Aussies of course, and big screens showing surf dudes. But rather than a trendy sort of pad it looks like a dusty old church on the inside. The misses loved the bottles of Tooheys though (bit dearer than NSW prices).
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:20 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Walkabout - West End

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
A few weeks ago, whilst collapsing on the sofa after another action packed evening of playing Power Rangers with my boys, Mrs Lapthorn turned to me and said:

"do you realise dearest, it has been more than 6 years since we've had a night away from the kids"

So we've just got back from an overnighter in London. Went to the Walkabout last night. Anyone ever been??

Not like I expected - full of Aussies of course, and big screens showing surf dudes. But rather than a trendy sort of pad it looks like a dusty old church on the inside. The misses loved the bottles of Tooheys though (bit dearer than NSW prices).
Yea, there's a Walkabout in Newquay too. Last time I went there it was full of pissed-up hen partys and stag-nighters from scouse-land. The local Ozzie lifeguards drink in a private club in Beacon Road along with all the locals.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

I went to the Walkabout in Kings Cross.

More seedier than that, is The Church in Kentish Town. Sawdust on the floor and your cans of drinks in a plastic bag tied to your waste.

Good laugh though and they always play The Proclaimers and I always damage my foot stomping to it.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I went to the Walkabout in Kings Cross.

More seedier than that, is The Church in Kentish Town. Sawdust on the floor and your cans of drinks in a plastic bag tied to your waste.

Good laugh though and they always play The Proclaimers and I always damage my foot stomping to it.
A bit like the one in Bradford, except you get the footie hooligans in Bradford City football shirts thinking they're god gift and drooling all over you.. eeewww!

Then they play things like Time warp and Wig wam bam....
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:38 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We got slaughtered on VB's in the Cardiff one before the play off final.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:03 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
We got slaughtered on VB's in the Cardiff one before the play off final.
The one in Durham City is good - just a bit far for me to go to now
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:06 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

There's one in Manchester too. I fell over and twisted my ankle cos I was pissed
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:17 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Also one in Nottingham and thats where I met my other half who is an aussie.

Quality place, free to enter, open to the ealry hours of the morning, plenty of women and cheap drinks....what more could a man ask.

TT
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Also one in Nottingham and thats where I met my other half who is an aussie.

Quality place, free to enter, open to the ealry hours of the morning, plenty of women and cheap drinks....what more could a man ask.

TT

Cheap women and free drinks ??
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:18 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Damn - you beat me to it by 30 seconds
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 2:52 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Are women ever cheap??????

I must be dating the wrong type!!!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Are women ever cheap??????

I must be dating the wrong type!!!

Cheapest I've ever been able to get the wife to run at, is 4.95 a bottle, for Carrington Blush, However at that price you have to buy the stuff by the Carton.

Works though

Stuff the Jacobs Creek sparkling rose, it may be a better wine, but is almost twice as dear. End result is the same

Errr there arn't any women reading this are there ?