Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Waikiki, Rockingham?

Waikiki, Rockingham?

Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waikiki, Rockingham?

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Can't the grey nomads live in their caravan, travelling around Australia for most of the year? With nursing, you would have more options than most for being somewhere on 5 acres, away from the metro area. Where else have you been looking that has 5 acres close to Perth?
Byford, oakford, mundijong, wellard, casuarina.... Those kind of places.. Dont want to leave my current job so within easy enough drive of shockingham
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:47 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eddie007
Byford, oakford, mundijong, wellard, casuarina.... Those kind of places.. Dont want to leave my current job so within easy enough drive of shockingham
I used to have a hectare at Byford many years ago.Had to sell because of the interest rates at 18%.Hey Ho... moved on.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hey all you W.A ers what's the place like? My boy finally got posted to Garden Island & has found himself a rental somewhere in Waikiki. Deb & I will doubtless be heading over that way in the near future. He wants us to go & work in the mines so we can live with him [ergo look after his dog when he sails out]. Not much call for tilers in a mine I may have to send Deb
You know what? Some people will slag it off and others will love it. It's all about what you like.

Get yourselves a couple of return tickets, come over for a week or so and take a look around.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ed, I've been house hunting with my SIL cus my brother is a FIFO worker so not home all the time. They are looking out the Serpentine way and I'll tell you what if I could afford it I'd move like a shot. It's only 20 mins down Karnup road so half hour away from Rocko - absolutely beautiful and peaceful. Dont know how much 5 acre properties are they are looking at 1 acre for around 560ish.

Cresta, you really need to come on over and test the water - near the garden island entrance is a beach (point perron) really interesting with lots rocks, little coves - great for those who don't like to just sit paddle and sunbathe but great also for those who do. As they say home is where you make it.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Serpentine is really lovely. Drove out there a few times.

I often think about the more rural-ish properties too and then I think about snakes in the front yard and ugh, that kinda settles it for me.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all you W.A ers what's the place like? My boy finally got posted to Garden Island & has found himself a rental somewhere in Waikiki. Deb & I will doubtless be heading over that way in the near future. He wants us to go & work in the mines so we can live with him [ergo look after his dog when he sails out]. Not much call for tilers in a mine I may have to send Deb
If you can, try and buy/rent in Kwinana (next suburb up from Rockingham).
Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I had agreed to give Cairns a try if the boy was posted there.

I am full of admiration for the Aus services.
Obviously a strategic decision.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy
If you can, try and buy/rent in Kwinana (next suburb up from Rockingham).
Kwinana .... When some one mentions Kwinana I think of barge poles....

Do you have three toes and did you marry your cousin?

if so then you'll be great!

there are some nice areas in kwinana, we have friends who live in kwinana, however the most scared I have ever been in my LIFE was driving round kwinana at 0100 trying to find HIm and his girlfriend from work who were too pissed to read the road signs to tell me where they actually were...

gangs of abororiginal yooves roaming looking for trouble, call me racist BUT!... My mates sone was bottled last night by a gang or aboriginal yooves on the piss looking for "fun" walking home from rocko station...

I have friends who grew up in kwinana... They say the same.... They moved up market to rockingham, waikiki and Port Kennedy....

(ducks and runs for cover)
Old Sep 13th 2011, 1:35 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

there are some nice areas in kwinana, we have friends who live in kwinana, however the most scared I have ever been in my LIFE was driving round kwinana at 0100 trying to find HIm and his girlfriend from work who were too pissed to read the road signs to tell me where they actually were...

gangs of abororiginal yooves roaming looking for trouble, call me racist BUT!... My mates sone was bottled last night by a gang or aboriginal yooves on the piss looking for "fun" walking home from rocko station...

I have friends who grew up in kwinana... They say the same.... They moved up market to rockingham, waikiki and Port Kennedy....

PMSL!

So he was bottled in Rocky and you're slagging off Kwinana

Hope you've got your tin hat on and you've polished your windows in your glass house

You can't get a bigger advocate for Rocky than Eds. We love you for it
Old Sep 13th 2011, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I mentioned it coz its UNUSUAL for rocky... Quite usual for Kwinana...

Honestly mate I CANT believe you're a moderator on his forum and havent been cAlled upon to sort out the

Shockingham is a shite hole full of piss poor boagan pommies brigade at some point!!!!

Its a lovely town, full of normal working people, established, it has a heart, it has character, ok it has "history" but it has abhuge future.. And with the mariner development ( NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!) its where the smart money is moving to... In preparation for the future development thats coming......

Which is one reason we're looking to move out... We like it as it is...

Let me know when you're in town visiting and I'll take you out and about and i'll give you the low down on the area...

In fact would you like to buy a 5x2 plus study, double garaged with three phase and pool.... On 880 squares of Rockinghams best kept secret location?

Walk to beach, walk to city centre, cul de sac next to the city park?

I may just be selling one....
Old Sep 13th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

In fact would you like to buy a 5x2 plus study, double garaged with three phase and pool.... On 880 squares of Rockinghams best kept secret location?

Walk to beach, walk to city centre, cul de sac next to the city park?

I may just be selling one....
House comes complete with pair of grey nomads who will be left in situ.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HelenTD
House comes complete with pair of grey nomads who will be left in situ.
Nope, grey nomads will be making the five acres a real possibility... Tho they are active enough to be of use if anyone wanted a live in cook/cleaner/ childcare/ gardener thrown in... We would write into any contract that they can be returned when they become senile or incontinent if you like
Old Sep 13th 2011, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Streaks
Hey Ed, I've been house hunting with my SIL cus my brother is a FIFO worker so not home all the time. They are looking out the Serpentine way and I'll tell you what if I could afford it I'd move like a shot. It's only 20 mins down Karnup road so half hour away from Rocko - absolutely beautiful and peaceful. Dont know how much 5 acre properties are they are looking at 1 acre for around 560ish.

Cresta, you really need to come on over and test the water - near the garden island entrance is a beach (point perron) really interesting with lots rocks, little coves - great for those who don't like to just sit paddle and sunbathe but great also for those who do. As they say home is where you make it.
Point Perron is my misery spot... I go there when i'm feeling low its so beautiful... Its also our last day in australia wi fish n chips on the beach spot for visitors, and our we want to go out fro a romantic dinner just the two of us and we're too cheap to splash out on sunsets so we'll have fish n chips on the beach spot... And there's this nice, hidden little cove where you can hear anyone coming should you fancy one of them exotic cocktails... What's it called ? Summit or other On the Beach..... Seen whales playing out in the ocean from point peron too

Its a bloody useful little place
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to watch youngest daughter in a school play at Kwinana. Before the play, I took oldest daughter to get something to eat at the Kwinana hub. She wouldn't get out of the car as she was to scared!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by don544
Went to watch youngest daughter in a school play at Kwinana. Before the play, I took oldest daughter to get something to eat at the Kwinana hub. She wouldn't get out of the car as she was to scared!
She's obviously been reading some of the twattish nonsense you get here on BE about the area... You really should take better control as a responsible parent!!!! letting a child read anything on this site is totally irresponsible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.