Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Waikiki, Rockingham?

Waikiki, Rockingham?

Old Sep 12th 2011, 11:44 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waikiki, Rockingham?

Hey all you W.A ers what's the place like? My boy finally got posted to Garden Island & has found himself a rental somewhere in Waikiki. Deb & I will doubtless be heading over that way in the near future. He wants us to go & work in the mines so we can live with him [ergo look after his dog when he sails out]. Not much call for tilers in a mine I may have to send Deb
Old Sep 12th 2011, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waikiki, Rockingham?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hey all you W.A ers what's the place like? My boy finally got posted to Garden Island & has found himself a rental somewhere in Waikiki. Deb & I will doubtless be heading over that way in the near future. He wants us to go & work in the mines so we can live with him [ergo look after his dog when he sails out]. Not much call for tilers in a mine I may have to send Deb
NO NO NO NO NO

NOT THE SHOCKINGHAM DEBATE AGAIN PLEASE!!!!!!!

Ok

few of you may know this but I live in Shockingham and work in Waikiki...

i love where I live and work, I'm an essex girl who lived in Ipswich for the last 10 years in the UK before immigrating ...its heaven on earth to me...

But some one will be along in a minute to tell you its the arse end of no where and only bogans and piss poor pommies EVER move to either of these areas...

Rockingham is established AS WELL AS undergoing major redevelopment... There is a mariner planned (NO IT'LL RUIN US) the shopping centre has more than doubled in size since we arrived 4 years ago... It has everything you need/want and although there ARE some areas I wouldnt want to live myself... But there were plenty of places in Ipswich you couldnt pay me to live....

Its no where near any mine... So you'd have to FIFO if that was serious,

it has a lot going for it if you have your eyes and mind open...
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Has Rockingham got lots of older houses that might need re-tiling? If cresta really wants to get into mining, there's always Boddington. Probably easier to get into bathrooms/renovations and home building rather than the mines, unless you've got a contact.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:07 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
NO NO NO NO NO

NOT THE SHOCKINGHAM DEBATE AGAIN PLEASE!!!!!!!

Ok

few of you may know this but I live in Shockingham and work in Waikiki...

i love where I live and work, I'm an essex girl who lived in Ipswich for the last 10 years in the UK before immigrating ...its heaven on earth to me...

But some one will be along in a minute to tell you its the arse end of no where and only bogans and piss poor pommies EVER move to either of these areas...

Rockingham is established AS WELL AS undergoing major redevelopment... There is a mariner planned (NO IT'LL RUIN US) the shopping centre has more than doubled in size since we arrived 4 years ago... It has everything you need/want and although there ARE some areas I wouldnt want to live myself... But there were plenty of places in Ipswich you couldnt pay me to live....

Its no where near any mine... So you'd have to FIFO if that was serious,

it has a lot going for it if you have your eyes and mind open...
Lol to be honest Ed I've not really read the W.A threads before this week. My boy was actually hoping for a posting in Cairns Qld, hey ho Garden Island it is. I didn't really fancy upping sticks for a couple of years as there are some reasonable options here [wife would love a change of scenery though so she's keen for a move anywhere]. Besides he's a big lad now & I don't fancy going back to sharing a home with him & his GF not to mention the inevitable rug rats that will happen along. The GF's dad works in Kalgoorlie & reckons he could fix us up with jobs. I'm not convinced enough to move to the other side on the promise of a job though lol.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Has Rockingham got lots of older houses that might need re-tiling? If cresta really wants to get into mining, there's always Boddington. Probably easier to get into bathrooms/renovations and home building rather than the mines, unless you've got a contact.
Lots of older homes that need retiling, but also lots of New building within a stones throw... baldivis and other areas... So SHOULD be work out there, but I'm not a tiler, I'm a nursee and the world is full of sick people...

just out of interest... If he gets stationed to Iraq you going to follow him there too?

come over, have a look around, visit with him first... Meet up with a few of the local pommies on here ...THEN RUN SCREAMING TO THE HILLS... According to some... You might love it, you might hate it...

So when you coming for a visit?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Cresta, whatever you do, don't go bushwalking with Eddie and her family.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We werent frickin bush walking, we were looking at a house to buy!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

We werent frickin bush walking, we were looking at a house to buy!!!!
OK Eddie, let's change that to read:
Cresta, don't go anywhere with Eddie & Co where there might be vegetation that could be harbouring snakes, as she's a snake magnet.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:26 pm

Lots of older homes that need retiling, but also lots of New building within a stones throw... baldivis and other areas... So SHOULD be work out there, but I'm not a tiler, I'm a nursee and the world is full of sick people...

just out of interest... If he gets stationed to Iraq you going to follow him there too?

come over, have a look around, visit with him first... Meet up with a few of the local pommies on here ...THEN RUN SCREAMING TO THE HILLS... According to some... You might love it, you might hate it...

So when you coming for a visit?
I think the o/h is kind of bored with our current location. She's been wanting to move & I had agreed to give Cairns a try if the boy was posted there. He's mummy's special soldier after all & she misses him. Me, well I'll do as I'm told I guess
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

I love waikiki...

know LOADS of Navy folk...Garden Island beats Portsmouth ANYTIME

some nice some not so nice areas....i live in a 'less desirable' area of waikiki and never had a bit of trouble in nearly 3 years...

the placxe has changed hugely in that time Baldivis is HUGE now..still loads of building going on

Really DON't want the Marina though

Deb
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK Eddie, let's change that to read:
Cresta, don't go anywhere with Eddie & Co where there might be vegetation that could be harbouring snakes, as she's a snake magnet.
i could interpret that as a compliment if we're talking trouser snakes... But we're talking tiger snakes... So its not... And anyway it wasn't ME that was bitten it was HIM....

Jeez, why is it MY fault HE trod on the bloody thing???
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
I think the o/h is kind of bored with our current location. She's been wanting to move & I had agreed to give Cairns a try if the boy was posted there. He's mummy's special soldier after all & she misses him. Me, well I'll do as I'm told I guess
But have you been here yet??????

Book return tickets, come and have a pint at the Pig and go from there
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

i could interpret that as a compliment if we're talking trouser snakes... But we're talking tiger snakes... So its not... And anyway it wasn't ME that was bitten it was HIM....

Jeez, why is it MY fault HE trod on the bloody thing???
What earth were you doing looking at property at Casuarina?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What earth were you doing looking at property at Casuarina?
5 acres, house for us, Granny flat for the grey nomads.. Change of lifestyle...

HE got a bee in his bonnet after a barbie ate THE1's family home in Mundijong about rather than spending stupid money giving half our house to my parents why not Look at what WAS my australian dream.... Before HE decided we all needed to be next to the beach...

And it'll be closer for visiting when the kids are older... Being maximum security... Shouldnt have a problem getting them tranfered there no matter where they commit their serious crimes in the future
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can't the grey nomads live in their caravan, travelling around Australia for most of the year? With nursing, you would have more options than most for being somewhere on 5 acres, away from the metro area. Where else have you been looking that has 5 acres close to Perth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.