WA Road Safety

Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

MERCAT will become famous soon enough
Default WA Road Safety

Check it out.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&C

"unique problems" they are not kidding. I've seen some pretty bad driving in the 18 months I've been here, has anyone else?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WA Road Safety

Absolutely. I've started a thread or two on here about some of my experiences.

I quit riding a motorbike due to so many bikers getting killed on the roads.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MERCAT
Check it out.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&C

"unique problems" they are not kidding. I've seen some pretty bad driving in the 18 months I've been here, has anyone else?
I had a look at your link but all I got was this:
Attached Thumbnails WA Road Safety-stout.jpg  

Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

MERCAT will become famous soon enough

Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:14 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

It never fails to amaze me how the drivers of WA are unable to stay on the right side of the line of the lane they choose to drive in. Also the amount of drivers who insist on using their fog lights, when the conditions don't warrant it and the amount of drivers who insist on blinding you with their headlights on high beam. And then you have the drivers who have so little confidence behind the wheel, that they jusy have to drive 10+ kms UNDER the speed limit, thus holding up everybody and anybody and then having the nerve to be pissed off when you try to overtake them.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I think that'll do for now.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Agree totally about the high-beam lights. Plus I drive early morning, just before the sun comes up but is still fairly dark and the amount of drivers who don't bother putting headlights on is insane.

I actually pulled alongside a bloke last week and said to him about putting his lights on, his reply was "Nah its okay mate, I can see ok"....
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Redwin is an unknown quantity at this point

wot white line ???? is that not so they can drive their car on the middle of it lol... dont even get me started on roundabouts
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:13 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Redwin
wot white line ???? is that not so they can drive their car on the middle of it lol... dont even get me started on roundabouts

Roundabouts? Are they not just very small racetracks for hoons to practice doughnuts and burnouts on?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chelle66
It never fails to amaze me how the drivers of WA are unable to stay on the right side of the line of the lane they choose to drive in. Also the amount of drivers who insist on using their fog lights, when the conditions don't warrant it and the amount of drivers who insist on blinding you with their headlights on high beam. And then you have the drivers who have so little confidence behind the wheel, that they jusy have to drive 10+ kms UNDER the speed limit, thus holding up everybody and anybody and then having the nerve to be pissed off when you try to overtake them.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I think that'll do for now.
Its not compulsery to drive at the max speed limit and undertaking is allowed, what pisses me off when doin 100km in that limit is the drivers which obviously are going faster then choose to sit 2 foot behind me, my suggestion to all that are in a hurry is F**King get up 10 minutes earlier lazy bastards
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Its not compulsery to drive at the max speed limit and undertaking is allowed, what pisses me off when doin 100km in that limit is the drivers which obviously are going faster then choose to sit 2 foot behind me, my suggestion to all that are in a hurry is F**King get up 10 minutes earlier lazy bastards
Couldnt agree more. I hate this time of the year over in NSW. I travel home on the main highway to the snow and I have found Sydney people just love to sit right on my backside whilst doing 100 Kph. I guess they are not used to the dark and are scared of the "Boogie Man" so they have to snuggle up to the vehicle in front. Travelling that close to a vehicle whilst held up in traffic might be alright in Sydney but on a clear highway where Kangaroos are a real hazard just seems absolutely stupid.

I love to play with these stupid drivers and slow right down. They soon get pissed off doing 50 Kph, take the hint and pass me. Usually giving me "The Finger" as they pass. One lucky driver did that just last week. I had the great pleasure of passing him a few K's further down the highway, giving his details to a traffic cop. I slowed right down, beeped my horn and gave him the biggest wave. Just goes to show that there is a god sometimes.

Barney
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Singapore and have visited Oz about 30 times, WA about 20.

We're "lucky" in that the driving in Singapore is so awful that we've never noticed anything wrong with Aussie driving. On a recent week-long trip to Perth I saw one example only of the kind of idiocy that happens here many, many times every day.

We're also lucky in that food and cars are so expensive here that we'll make big savings when we move across.

Perhaps all expats moving to Oz should live in Singapore for a while first
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It's a different kind of bad driving, Fo3 - just as rude and inconsiderate as Sg* and I would honestly think more dangerous. Far more P-platers wrapping themselves and others round trees, for sure.

( * Makes me wonder if my head's been in a timewarp since we left the UK and manners have just deteriorated globally.)
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:49 am
Chelle66

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I do agree with you, but if drivers don't want to use the max limit, then use the left hand lane (unless, of course you're going to turn right within a couple of kms or so). I realise that the speed limit isn't a target that MUST be achieved, but merely a guideline.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:52 am
Chelle66

Originally Posted by Seasider
It's a different kind of bad driving, Fo3 - just as rude and inconsiderate as Sg* and I would honestly think more dangerous. Far more P-platers wrapping themselves and others round trees, for sure.

( * Makes me wonder if my head's been in a timewarp since we left the UK and manners have just deteriorated globally.)
You're right about P-platers. Sometimes I wonder if they got their licences in a lucky bag or a packet of cereal.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Chelle66
but if drivers don't want to use the max limit, then use the left hand lane .
Learning to drive in the UK, this is one area of driving that is difficult to get used to, but one that we must try to adapt to.

But the common answer from an Australian would be why use the left lane?
On most roads there is no rule to say what lane you should be in, or what lane you should use to overtake, and it is common to use either lane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.