Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WA Day Light Saving - Thumbs Down

WA Day Light Saving - Thumbs Down

Old May 16th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default WA Day Light Saving - Thumbs Down

It would appear that the "NO" vote has won the battle for Day Light Savings in Western Australia.

Enjoy your very early light mornings and very dark early evenings. I hear TV is better in WA than a family BBQ in the park/beach.

Barney
Old May 17th 2009, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: WA Day Light Saving - Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by POW148
It would appear that the "NO" vote has won the battle for Day Light Savings in Western Australia.

Enjoy your very early light mornings and very dark early evenings. I hear TV is better in WA than a family BBQ in the park/beach.

Barney
Maybe when it is next voted on many fat, lazy and old people will have died and it will be accepted. We can only hope.
Old May 17th 2009, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by spilko
Maybe when it is next voted on many fat, lazy and old people will have died and it will be accepted. We can only hope.
Good one Spilko. You are right, we can only live in hope.

Barney
Old May 17th 2009, 4:47 am
ABCDiamond

Between 1992 and 2009 342,419 new voters were registered on the WA electoral roll.

Only 30,473 more people voted YES for daylight saving compared to 1992.
What did the other 310,000 do ?

Maybe it will change when the sensible people leave WA to those who like to insult and ridicule those who have different opinions to them.
But then, once all those fat, lazy, old farmers (who vote NO) have gone, WA will lose a lot of appeal, as it will become a very poor state with no one prepared to run the farms.

Old May 17th 2009, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by POW148

Barney
I'm gutted that the vote looks like a 'No'.

You are right, apart from family BBQ's on the beach of an evening there's little else. It's a shame for the tourist/cafe/restaurant industry. I guess we'll all have to have a family BBQ in the early hours before school/work around 5am.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

What you people dont seem to realise is that its a healthier lifestyle if you get up early in the morning. Get up and go for a jog and start the day fresh.

Those who want these long nights tend to want it for unhealthy habits such as drinking and eating out(e.g. pigging out)

Early mornings are the way to go.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:14 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Backward.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernlights
It's a shame for the tourist/cafe/restaurant industry. I guess we'll all have to have a family BBQ in the early hours before school/work around 5am.
Don't you guys have electricity in Perth?

You can still eat at cafes and restaurants and have a barbie after dark you know. And it's not exactly a mammoth hardship having to turn the lights on at 7.30pm instead of 8.30, is it?
Old May 17th 2009, 8:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by NickyC
Don't you guys have electricity in Perth?

You can still eat at cafes and restaurants and have a barbie after dark you know. And it's not exactly a mammoth hardship having to turn the lights on at 7.30pm instead of 8.30, is it?
Only 55% understand that, but about 45% still don't, yet, but they eventually catch on

Old May 17th 2009, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Not so sure with WA having by and large negative, or at the very least, conservative attitudes to any forms of change, which appears to be passed down through the generations,i wouldn't be anticipating change in this life time.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

How very adult to insult people who have a differing opinion to you. I would have voted No if I was able and I neither lazy nor old. Working on the fat though.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Between 1992 and 2009 342,419 new voters were registered on the WA electoral roll.

Only 30,473 more people voted YES for daylight saving compared to 1992.
What did the other 310,000 do ?

Maybe it will change when the sensible people leave WA to those who like to insult and ridicule those who have different opinions to them.

But then, once all those fat, lazy, old farmers (who vote NO) have gone, WA will lose a lot of appeal, as it will become a very poor state with no one prepared to run the farms.
As all the votes haven't been counted yet your numbers don't mean a lot. Intreresting stats though.

The result is summed up by the fact that the "nice" folk of Gosnells/Armadale voted No and those in Cockburn/South Perth/Ocean Reef etc voted Yes.

Have you been to Armadale/Gosnells recently? My description is pretty accurate.

Last edited by spilko; May 17th 2009 at 9:54 am.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

As all the votes haven't been counted yet you numbers don't mean a lot yet.

The result is summed up by the fact that the "nice" folk of Gosnells/Armadale voted No and those in Cockburn/South Perth/Ocean Reef etc voted Yes.

Have you been to Armadale/Gosnells recently? My description is pretty accurate.
I would have voted Yes for DST.

But I am all too appreciative of the morning slot for exercise myself.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
How very adult to insult people who have a differing opinion to you. I would have voted No if I was able and I neither lazy nor old. Working on the fat though.

Sorry mum.. (Only being as adult as much of the No lobby's campaigning).
Old May 17th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Only 55% understand that, but about 45% still don't, yet, but they eventually catch on
lol how many of the 55% get up and exercise in the morning do you think ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.