Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

Wikiposts

Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:25 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

It just get's better and better doesn't it.......

I am amazed at this....gobsmacked and lost for words...!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Last edited by Pants; Mar 7th 2006 at 6:28 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:31 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

Originally Posted by Pants
It just get's better and better doesn't it.......

I am amazed at this....gobsmacked and lost for words...!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
where's my visa, get me out of here!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:35 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

You know it all just seems soooooooooo wrong......!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:36 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

So whats the problem?

It gives teenagers something to do - the perennial complaint of all teenagers when caught wearing hoodies outside the local circle K or 7-eleven.

The govt are paying for it

Disadvantaged areas fair better

It is constrained to be spent on sport and other good activities.

its only 115m - which in scheme of things is peanuts.

Divvy parents with unruly kids probably need super-nannie type people because the social workers clearly arent helping.

Good idea if you ask me. Give respect to the kids because they are treated like adults by beign given control over the spending of the 13-25 quid per month.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:53 pm
Live the moment

well that will keep some of the streets for at least 2 nights per month!! you think its that easy !!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:16 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

Originally Posted by spalen
So whats the problem?

It gives teenagers something to do - the perennial complaint of all teenagers when caught wearing hoodies outside the local circle K or 7-eleven.

The govt are paying for it

Disadvantaged areas fair better

It is constrained to be spent on sport and other good activities.

its only 115m - which in scheme of things is peanuts.

Divvy parents with unruly kids probably need super-nannie type people because the social workers clearly arent helping.

Good idea if you ask me. Give respect to the kids because they are treated like adults by beign given control over the spending of the 13-25 quid per month.
Bribing kids to behave properly is not "treating them like adults."

IMHO kids these days know they have "rights", but seem entirely ignorant of their responsibilities. I lay the blame at the feet of the parents, the government, and wider society.

It takes a village to raise a child, but society has become a bad parent, and a bad neighbour.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:23 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

In the absence of other people coming forward with bright ideas I would say this is a bright idea at least worth a pilot wihch is what they are doing.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:43 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
In the absence of other people coming forward with bright ideas I would say this is a bright idea at least worth a pilot wihch is what they are doing.
and I agree
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt sound that bad to me, because its just encouraging youth to use sport facilities, over here they are spending millions on advertising campaigns to "get kids off the couch" govs words not mine, maybe handing out sports vouchers would be more effective than more TV ads just telling them to do it, most teenagers are hardly likely to listen are they
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Here is a typical Australian version of the same thing:

http://www.australiazoo.com.au/austr...pass_kids.html

Not sure I would call it a reward

G
Old Mar 8th 2006, 12:44 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

IMHO kids these days know they have "rights", but seem entirely ignorant of their responsibilities. I lay the blame at the feet of the parents, the government, and wider society.

It takes a village to raise a child, but society has become a bad parent, and a bad neighbour.

Hey, that was good
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:08 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Hey, that was good
Thanks.

I have my little moments from time to time.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:14 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: Voucher Rewards for well behaved....

Originally Posted by Grayling
Here is a typical Australian version of the same thing:

http://www.australiazoo.com.au/austr...pass_kids.html
Horrors, the cancer is spreading!

Not sure I would call it a reward

G
Yeah, it's educational. Tsk, tsk. We can't be having that sort of thing, can we?
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:43 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's educational. Tsk, tsk. We can't be having that sort of thing, can we?
Yes.. education Australia style

G
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:25 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

can't we just torture them if they're bad,makes you wonder why we bother bleeding working and paying tax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.