Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

VISA GRANTED - WHERE WERE YOU?

VISA GRANTED - WHERE WERE YOU?

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default VISA GRANTED - WHERE WERE YOU?

Loked in my passport and have just realised its a year since our visa was granted!!

We got it on 21st March 2007.

I remember them calling me on a cold & sunny day while in work with the good news, me thinking "mmmm, thats good, maybe we will be there in a couple of years!!!" We then took a bottle of wine to our mates house to celebrate!!

The anniversary was spent drinking bubbles bobbing along on the Broadwater in a very shiny speed boat!!

What a difference a year makes.....

So where were you from the one year to the next..........
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: VISA GRANTED - WHERE WERE YOU?

Originally Posted by justsarah
Loked in my passport and have just realised its a year since our visa was granted!!

I remember them calling me on a cold & sunny day while in work with the good news, me thinking "mmmm, thats good, maybe we will be there in a couple of years!!!" We then took a bottle of wine to our mates house to celebrate!!

The anniversary was spent drinking bubbles bobbing along on the Broadwater in a very shiny speed boat!!

We were hoping to be in Oz, but are still struggling with the house sale :curse:
When we found out about our visas we were on holiday at my parents house in Turkey, (this was August 2006). On our 1 year visa anniversary we were back in Turkey.
We will get there sooooon.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:00 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah

on a motorbike in the middle of the dolomites OH and I were doing a ride till you drop then stay in the nearest bed and breakfast holiday we were actually in a layby overlooking cortina when we got the phone call
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:09 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Hot day August 2007 I was shopping for lamps in TK Maxx Kew Village when OH called to say he had his spouse visa granted I jumped up & down in the car park and then he came to collect me and we went off to our local in Richmond for a few glasses of fizz.

Now we are in Melbourne complete with dogs, new house 5 mins from beach, OH has a job and I am currently looking for part time job Oh, and the lamps from TK Maxx look great in my new bedroom!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

having coffee with a friend in Waitrose coffee shop, the one day I had walked and didn't take the car - I just couldn't get home fast enough
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Fast asleep in bed. Our agent in Oz rang us at 4.15am to tell us she'd just received the email.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi it was the 22nd Feb 07, a cold frosty morning in Scotland, I had just gotten up for an early shift, switched on the pc (as usual) and there it was in my mail box - visa granted. I remember jumping around in the kitchen, needing to tell Neil but he had taken the dog out before we went to work.
One year on and here we are in sunny Brisbane. Yeah totally what a difference a year makes.

Donna
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:38 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We were staying with the in-laws at the time and I knew that our grant wasn't far away and was checking my email about every 30 seconds

Anyhoo, this particular Friday morning I had woken up about 6am needing to take a leak (you did ask!) and just got the urge to check my email too. And whaddya know, there was the visa grant I woke Mrs M up (she was not happy) and gave her the good news. We tried to go back to sleep but couldn't do it. Instead we got up and waited for the travel agents to open so we could go book our flights. Two weeks later we landed here
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
We were staying with the in-laws at the time and I knew that our grant wasn't far away and was checking my email about every 30 seconds

Anyhoo, this particular Friday morning I had woken up about 6am needing to take a leak (you did ask!) and just got the urge to check my email too. And whaddya know, there was the visa grant I woke Mrs M up (she was not happy) and gave her the good news. We tried to go back to sleep but couldn't do it. Instead we got up and waited for the travel agents to open so we could go book our flights. Two weeks later we landed here
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:39 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

In Christchurch, New Zealand.