Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

views from people in W A

views from people in W A

Old May 27th 2009, 7:27 am
Just Joined

blades1889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation views from people in W A

I have been doing some research on Perth and surrounding areas.
and don't seam to get many good reports .i know its the same old you get problems where ever, but the idea is improve life .
at the moment its about 70/30 for the bad eg schools rundown, robberies ,violence.

whats the deal
Old May 27th 2009, 7:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: views from people in W A

Originally Posted by blades1889
I have been doing some research on Perth and surrounding areas.
and don't seam to get many good reports .i know its the same old you get problems where ever, but the idea is improve life .
at the moment its about 70/30 for the bad eg schools rundown, robberies ,violence.

whats the deal
Only way to find out is to come and see for yourself - you cannot ge tthe real picture from the internet, books, opinions etc. Perth, as well as the rest of Australia, has the same social/crime/wanker problems as any other western country - some better, some worse.
I love it here. We have a great lifestyle, my son goes to a fantastic school and the only crime we have experienced is having a GPS nicked out of a car that we left unlocked.

It's all good.
Old May 27th 2009, 7:36 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Only way to find out is to come and see for yourself - you cannot ge tthe real picture from the internet, books, opinions etc. Perth, as well as the rest of Australia, has the same social/crime/wanker problems as any other western country - some better, some worse.
I love it here. We have a great lifestyle, my son goes to a fantastic school and the only crime we have experienced is having a GPS nicked out of a car that we left unlocked.

It's all good.
+1 Perth is Ace!

There are wankers everywhere in the world and WA is no different.
Old May 27th 2009, 7:39 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Perth has a high majority of wankers and most are British....
Old May 27th 2009, 7:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again.
Old May 27th 2009, 8:25 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Just a warning to keep the language clean please and no personal insults of any kind. OK.
Old May 27th 2009, 8:32 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

We live an hour south of Perth - we like it!!
We come from Glasgow, so the crime here is nothing compared to there!
Old May 27th 2009, 8:45 am
Just Joined

i ve been looking at Hillary's
wat areas are recommended and not
Old May 27th 2009, 8:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

i ve been looking at Hillary's
wat areas are recommended and not
Hillarys is very nice, so is Sorrento,
Old May 27th 2009, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Just a warning to keep the language clean please and no personal insults of any kind. OK.
Hmmm only the positive attributes have been mentioned thus far.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmmm only the positive attributes have been mentioned thus far.
and what are the negatives
Old May 27th 2009, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

That was tounge in cheek that last comment

To be truthful the only one I can think of is the one that would turn me off permanently.

ISOLATION.

It's bad enough being this far away from the rest of the world living in Melbourne. It would be 100 times worse in far less cosmopolitan and much smaller Perth. However I do understand thats the reason that some people love the place.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
That was tounge in cheek that last comment

To be truthful the only one I can think of is the one that would turn me off permanently.

ISOLATION.

It's bad enough being this far away from the rest of the world living in Melbourne. It would be 100 times worse in far less cosmopolitan and much smaller Perth. However I do understand thats the reason that some people love the place.
perth is where the job is
Old May 27th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Hi Depends on what type of work your after.
that might be a problem if you need to get a licence not being able to work most companies won't employ you on a restricted licence.
Oh and the ZZtop look seems to be all the rage
Sometimes a visit might be advantagous to see whats really going on.

dooners
Old May 27th 2009, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

perth is where the job is
A foot in the door, is worth two in the bush

I could probably handle it for two years.... 5 years would be a bit much for me at least.

Like I said lots of people love the place, so I cant knock it really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.