vaping

Old Oct 31st 2015, 2:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vaping

In 30 years time when an Irishbloo colouring masterpiece reached 6 figures at auction what will they say then?
Old Oct 31st 2015, 2:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
E cigarettes should be subject to the same rules as smoking, they are just being used as an excuse, 'ook at me, I'm trying to give up, but still need my nicotine fix' No-one yet knows what the problems will be 10 years down the line, they might prove to be as deadly as real smoking. ......
The storm clouds are gathering in the US. While vaping shops are sprouting like mushrooms, the FDA is moving in with the same sort of controls and restrictions as for cigarettes, including a massively expensive testing regime for amy "new product", such that the likely end result is that the entire vaping industry will be bought out by the tobacco companies.

So far as the ill effects of consumption go, people don't seem to know that nicotine is one of nature's insecticides. ..... And so is caffeine!
..... Adult colouring books are big business in the UK as well, many shops have big displays of them, and they are certainly a lot more detailed than the childrens versions.

A few years ago you could buy 'poster art' which where big poster sized colouring sheets, with complicated patterns and also the colouring pencils were included, these were really aimed at adults as the patterns were too complicated for young children.
On the face of it, I thought "WTF?", but after thinking for a moment, it doesn't seem that different from doing jigsaws, which has had a large market for adults for many years, and I suspect it is a larger and more profitable market than for children's jigsaws.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 31st 2015 at 2:25 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 2:23 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I live a sheltered life as I had to google vaping to see what it was. I don't think we have that here. Mind, not that many smokers.

Colouring books...yeh, being em on I got given one for my birthday. Have to confess I haven't tried it yet but I shall . But then I do my own drawing and painting so i am getting the benefit from that. The colouring....or any art ...it's a right brain thing. Works the same as meditation. Very good for you
Old Oct 31st 2015, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
In 30 years time when an Irishbloo colouring masterpiece reached 6 figures at auction what will they say then?
Might be time to do another one.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 2:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I guess I live a sheltered life as I had to google vaping to see what it was. I don't think we have that here. Mind, not that many smokers. .....
Apparently 23% of Malaysians smoke, a higher percentage than now reported in the UK, where it has fallen below 20%.

The number, and indeed increase in the numbers of smokers in developing, and new industrialized countries is one of the biggest outrages of the tobacco industry in the 21st century.

Tobacco growth in the US, and indeed in the state where I live has been increasing in recent years, ironically after the removal of quotas and subsequent collapse in the market price of tobacco (fees paid by growers to owners of "quotas" amounted to a massive tax on tobacco farming). The reason for the increase is to feed production of cigarettes for export, in countries where US cigarettes are marketed as a premium quality product.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 6:11 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
indeed. Sadly, as has become evident in this thread, if it's not something familiar to an individual then lets ridicule it.
Harmless fun. If we monkeys oops people can't laugh at aspects of ourselves and the world that we've built then there's no hope for us
Old Oct 31st 2015, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
indeed. Sadly, as has become evident in this thread, if it's not something familiar to an individual then lets ridicule it.
Your daughters depression is unfortunate, and I'm glad for her that colouring helps, but I do think you should lighten up a bit. Mine was a light hearted rant about the plague of hipsters we're currently experiencing. As Paulry says, if we can't laugh at ourselves as a society then there's not much hope for us is there.
When I was younger we'd have to colour alternate squares in 1mm graph paper as punishment during detention, it didn't relax me

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Oct 31st 2015 at 8:04 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

what is a hipster please?
Old Oct 31st 2015, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

PS - tried vaping- it's rubbish. Best to stick to real cigarettes.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pica
One of these, my brother is an ageing one terrible
Attached Thumbnails vaping-hipsters_testicules_394.png  
Old Oct 31st 2015, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
We have stacks of hipsters here.The majority of them look very smart and cool.My 17 year old son would love to be one.The closest he has managed to looking cool is grow his hair into a hair bun and as of last week get his ear pierced.Much to his disappointment I don't think he will ever manage to grow a beard.He doesn't take after his Dad in the hair department.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Your daughters depression is unfortunate, and I'm glad for her that colouring helps, but I do think you should lighten up a bit. Mine was a light hearted rant about the plague of hipsters we're currently experiencing. As Paulry says, if we can't laugh at ourselves as a society then there's not much hope for us is there.
When I was younger we'd have to colour alternate squares in 1mm graph paper as punishment during detention, it didn't relax me
I did read your op as a bit of a light heart rant.At our school writing out hundreds of lines was our punishment.I used to do mine on a brown paper bag and hand it in to the teacher.I refused to waste my school stationary on punishment.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 10:55 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Vaping weed is much more healthy than smoking it too.

It's good that people are thinking about their health. I'm all for vaping and it should be allowed in pubs and at work too.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I did read your op as a bit of a light heart rant.At our school writing out hundreds of lines was our punishment.I used to do mine on a brown paper bag and hand it in to the teacher.I refused to waste my school stationary on punishment.
Mr Blaskett his name was, particularly fond of putting me in detention, spent an entire term of Thursdays in detention but convinced my Dad I'd joined chess club. Glad I've grown out being so gobby
Old Oct 31st 2015, 11:18 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Apparently 23% of Malaysians smoke, a higher percentage than now reported in the UK, where it has fallen below 20%.
Yep I'm sure you know far more about Malaysia than I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.