Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Urgent help needed - Gas fire

Urgent help needed - Gas fire

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:26 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Urgent help needed - Gas fire

I have nearly bought a second hand gas fire from someone on here before but changed my mind because we were going to get a new one with a warranty - oh how I wish I had.

Well we never got round to buying a new one and now I cant afford it.

I urgently need a gas fire for when Mr PP comes out of hospital, if any of you in the Perth area has a second hand gas heater they are selling I would be interested.

PM me if you can help me.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help needed - Gas fire

This one only has 55 mins left to go and is in Perth

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GAS-HEATER-BO...3A1%7C294%3A50

Hope Mr Princess is doing ok
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:34 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

another

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BONAIRE-RT18-...3A1%7C294%3A50

And another

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RINNAI-CONVEC...3A1%7C294%3A50

Quite a few here

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/f-gas-he...ZgasQ20heater#

Last edited by Broad Shoulders; Jul 23rd 2009 at 1:42 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:43 am
I'm Old Gregg!

even better you can rent one to save on money

http://www.rentalsrus.com.au/heating...as-heaters.htm
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't help with a fire but just wanted to say that I hope Mr PP is ok, nothing too serious & gets better soon.
Best wishes to you both.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Sorry can't help with a fire but just wanted to say that I hope Mr PP is ok, nothing too serious & gets better soon.
Best wishes to you both.
They have discovered on the scan that he has broken 7-8 ribs, not the 4 they first thought, he is so swollen its hard to find things and new injuries are coming out. His internal organs have been chucked about a bit and his spleen looks a bit big but they reckon thats the ribs on the other side all mangled.

They are checking his CT scan to see if any more clots have developed. They have said he cant afford to get any more. He has a partial lung collapse and a mass on his right adrenal gland which they think is a haematoma.

Each day I come in to see him, there is something new and its so hard.

I could bloody cry and if I wasnt in public at the hospital, I would.

I dont even know where to begin with insurance, mortgage and stuff - I feel quite useless.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
They have discovered on the scan that he has broken 7-8 ribs, not the 4 they first thought, he is so swollen its hard to find things and new injuries are coming out. His internal organs have been chucked about a bit and his spleen looks a bit big but they reckon thats the ribs on the other side all mangled.

They are checking his CT scan to see if any more clots have developed. They have said he cant afford to get any more. He has a partial lung collapse and a mass on his right adrenal gland which they think is a haematoma.

I dont even know where to begin with insurance, mortgage and stuff - I feel quite useless.
Bloody hell PP, hope you're both on the mend soon. What's befallen him (if you don't mind me asking)? Alternatively tell me to push off.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Oh honey, I am so sorry, it must be very hard for you having to deal with it all on your own & doubtless, trying not to worry him too! Big hug for you.
You are not useless PP, just a bit out of your depth, dealing with unfamiliar things. Don't forget all your BE friends are here to help with support & advice.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus
Bloody hell PP, hope you're both on the mend soon. What's befallen him (if you don't mind me asking)? Alternatively tell me to push off.
He was in a car crash on Saturday - poor visibilty etc. Police said it was just an accident.

But one thing I know, many people on here say that they can control speeding. I can say now to anyone that thinks that - you cannot.

If - and we dont know this until the crash investigation team tell us, the other driver was speeding, then the evidence is there - we know the damage that the 'i can control speed' brigade theory is shite.

If the other driver wasnt speeding, then dear god in heaven, had he been speeding then my husband would not be in HDU right now with a smashed up rib cage, collapsed lung, 2 blood clots and needing a controlled drug to help him get through the day - any more injuries and he would be dead.

Sorry for the rant but recent threads on speeding have really touched a raw nerve.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear about Mr PP. Princess I hope he gets well really soon, keep your chin up girl Alll the best

Sheila