Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Update from Anne4Terry! :o)

Wikiposts

Update from Anne4Terry! :o)

Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:05 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update from Anne4Terry! :o)

Hi guys,

I got this email from Anne this morning & she has asked that I post it here.

Claire
xxx

Hi Claire

Well I've been in Australia nearly 6 weeks now although it seems a lot longer. Terry was away in Geraldton when I arrived but when he came home a week later I hardly recognised him as he is SO brown. He had bought me car, Holden Futura family wagon, before he left and I had trouble with it the first day I drove it. The man in the garage was an absolute arsehole and didn't want to know that I was stranded somewhere I didn't know with no phone numbers or help. Apart from him everyone has been really nice, and the car is now sorted.

Our UK house sold within about 10 days of me being here and is due to complete next week. We are still living at my sister's at the moment. We were going to rent somewhere for 6 months and were due to sign the contract on a Monday, when we went to a Home Open round the corner from my sister and fell in love with the house, put in an offer and signed a contract!! We hadn't intended to buy just yet but house prices are rising so quickly here and this property has over half an acre, a fairly rare find unless you want to go bush which would not have been fair on Alex. We have been given a mortgage, a larger one than we intended but we really do think that this property is a good investment. Terry just had to produce a letter from his company showing that he is a full time employee, and also proof of equity in our UK house sale.

Alex is happily settled into Safety Bay High. He was accepted into the Pathfinders (academic) programme and also the Soccer programme. Safety Bay are the soccer state champions. When I took him for his interview with the assistant principal I ended up coming out of there with a job offer myself. I have been holding back from that for the minute though until we get settled into our own house. For the last 4 weeks we have been 6 adults (my daughter & son in law just left on Saturday), 4 teenage boys, 6 dogs, 4 cats, 4 pigeons, a rainbow lorikeet and a canary all living under the same roof. And with these high cathedral ceilings it gets VERY NOISY!!!!! He has finally managed to find a soccer team out of school although this was difficult because he missed the pre-season trials. He has also been accepted into an under 16 basketball team. Hopefully he should be able to make friends and build himself up a social group.

Since I have been here I have seen 3 stick insects in the games room, kangaroos on the way to Bunbury, dolphins where I walk the dogs on the beach, 2 huntsmen, a redback on the washing line, pelicans, parrots, gallahs and kookaburras galore.

My nephew had an 18th birthday party on Friday night. There were some gatecrashers causing trouble and trying to do others damage so Terry waded in to separate them. Big mistake. He ended up with a brick smashed on his jaw and got a good kicking in his shoulder while on the ground. Poor man, trying to be a good citizen and protect one boy from 4 others. His face is looking a lot better today but he is still having trouble eating.

I have definitely acclimatised to the weather already and am feeling the 15 degree evenings as freezing. I am delighted to announce that not only does our new house have ducted air con, but also ducted gas central heating! Can't wait to move in.

I have been following the postings from time to time. Nice to see that everybody is doing well and that the Got It's are still coming.

Take care

Anne x
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:28 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update from Anne4Terry! :o)

Thanks for this Claire.
Glad to see she is settling in well.
Julie. x
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:46 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks claire

brilliant thread anne

so happy you all seem to be enjoying your fantastic new life

keep us posted

jan xx
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:47 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

why couldnt she just write it herself??
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:26 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by possoms
why couldnt she just write it herself??
More impact, more dramatic!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you have settled in Anne ( I will assume you are reading this )

All the best, and keep us updated
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:47 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you just love it? People go all dramatic: I shall never post on BE again! I am asking the mods to delete my account ! ... and then .... wait for it .... they get their friends to post their messages.

I feel sorry for Rockingham.

Gina
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww come on guys she is busy bless.
Lets not cast stones. Thats a good one for easter lol.

Hugs Lace xxx
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:52 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lacey21
Awww come on guys she is busy bless.
Lets not cast stones. Thats a good one for easter lol.

Hugs Lace xxx
We're all busy Lace. Some busier than others.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:27 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't post it herslef as she no longer has an active account on BE.
What I don't understand is why people see the need to jump on the fact that she has asked me to post it for her..... why can't you be happy that she has settled in to her new life & wish her well? Life is too short!

Claire
xxx
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get what you mean rossi but anyway I am deffo busy I fly in 17 days so I am busy. Just have time now to catch up.

It's not so much of a biggy though, I say good luck to her and I am glad to read her story, who ever posted it.

Hugs Lace xx
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
She didn't post it herslef as she no longer has an active account on BE.
What I don't understand is why people see the need to jump on the fact that she has asked me to post it for her..... why can't you be happy that she has settled in to her new life & wish her well? Life is too short!

Claire
xxx
I agree.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you're settling in Anne

Sounds good so far.......except the bonk on the chin of course
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:31 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I don`t see the need for people to be so nasty - no doubt this was why Anne left the site. Believe it or not though some people are interested in how she`s doing and I for one am glad for her that things are working out. Those that aren`t interested don`t have to read the post.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:37 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Sorry but I don`t see the need for people to be so nasty - no doubt this was why Anne left the site. Believe it or not though some people are interested in how she`s doing and I for one am glad for her that things are working out. Those that aren`t interested don`t have to read the post.

Await the sarcastic smileys Gobbyjock, bet you someone will post them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.