UNUSUAL SITUATION WITH EXPORTING DOG

Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

JOHNWATSON will become famous soon enough
Default UNUSUAL SITUATION WITH EXPORTING DOG

Hello

First time of posting for me, and I am starting with a real puzzler, and hope that there might be somebody who has been in a similar situation.

I am moving from the UK to Sydney in May. I want to take my dog with me.

My situation is slightly different from the norm, in that I am currently living in France, although my primary residence is in UK. I intend to move back to the UK in early April 2008, before departing for Australia in May 2008, but my unusual living arrangements have thrown up an anomaly with my French vet regarding the RNATT certificate!

She doesn't seem to think that I need any further serological tests done on HARPO because he had a serological test carried out in an EU approved laboratory in the UK on a sample taken on 03/01/2003.This test was then signed off by my UK vet.

He has received rabies boosters on, or well before each yearly expiry date, thus keeping very well within the limits of the rabies vaccination objective, and is due his next vaccination booster in April 2008. He has also received thorough worm and tick treatments every time I have passed from UK to France and back.

HOWEVER, I am going to spend 6 months (November 2007 - April 2008) here in France, and not in the UK. BUT will be flying Harpo out from a UK airport, using a UK carrier and agent.

I am very confused about the information I am receiving and really do need definitive answers as to what EXACTLY needs to be done to meet the exact requirements of Australian Quarantine, and minimise any trauma or unnecessary extra time in quarantine for HARPO.

And in the case that a test does need to be carried out in France, then my vet has informed me that the results may take 4 months to come back, and I need to know whether I then need to have a further veterinary examination in the UK prior to shipping HARPO out to Sydney?

If anyone has any advice - I have already sent the same email to the quarentine authorities in Sydney .....

Please help as I am VERY confused!

Kind regards

John Watson
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

gillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant future
Default Re: UNUSUAL SITUATION WITH EXPORTING DOG

You like making life difficult eh ??!!!!! have you contact AQIS, they will tell you exactly what you need to do, but i suspect that because he is flying from uk he will need to undergo all the uk requirements. send them an email, i think they are the only ones you need to take notice of. Hope it all goes well.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillnbri
You like making life difficult eh ??!!!!! have you contact AQIS, they will tell you exactly what you need to do, but i suspect that because he is flying from uk he will need to undergo all the uk requirements. send them an email, i think they are the only ones you need to take notice of. Hope it all goes well.
Beat me to it, contact AQIS, they generally email back within 48 hrs.

See if you can get a direct contact off their website.

Steve
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

JOHNWATSON will become famous soon enough

Yep, I contacted AQIS first, and thought I would try this site as well to see if anyone had been in the same situation.

Anyway have spoken to AQIS tonight and they have been great in confirming exactly what I need to do - and I will post details for others later this week.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

gillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant future

Good luck John, hope all goes well!!