British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Which UK telly programmes do you download? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/uk-telly-programmes-do-you-download-571238/)

Scubaemma Nov 5th 2008 5:01 am

Which UK telly programmes do you download?

We don't miss too much, and def watch less telly here, but since discovering UK Nova (thanks to BE!) we now download:

Harry Hill's TV Burp (love it)
Match of the Day
Have I Got News For You

How bout you?

Scubaemma Nov 5th 2008 5:02 am

Re: Which UK telly programmes do you download?

Oops, meant to put this in the barbie.... :o

Amazulu Nov 5th 2008 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Scubaemma (Post 6941818)
We don't miss too much, and def watch less telly here, but since discovering UK Nova (thanks to BE!) we now download:

Harry Hill's TV Burp (love it)
Match of the Day
Have I Got News For You

How bout you?

Just downloaded the 1st episode of the latest Top Gear - and new series of Spooks.

Scubaemma Nov 5th 2008 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 6941834)
Just downloaded the 1st episode of the latest Top Gear - and new series of Spooks.

I saw the Aussie version of Top Gear for the first time the other day. God it was awful. I used to enjoy TG in the UK, watched it for years and years!

Pollyana Nov 5th 2008 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Scubaemma (Post 6941821)
Oops, meant to put this in the barbie.... :o

Its there now :)

Amazulu Nov 5th 2008 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Scubaemma (Post 6941839)
I saw the Aussie version of Top Gear for the first time the other day. God it was awful. I used to enjoy TG in the UK, watched it for years and years!

This latest episode of TG is the one that has caused big controversy in the UK. Clarkson is in trouble for saying that truck drivers 'kill prostitutes'!

I think they need to lighten up a bit over there. All this 'shock' over stuff said in the media is getting out of hand.

Hutch Nov 5th 2008 5:25 am

Merlin, Top Gear, Spooks, You've Been Framed.

moneypenny20 Nov 5th 2008 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 6941861)
Merlin, Top Gear, Spooks, You've Been Framed.

Never heard of Merlin (the tv programme, I've obviously heard of the bearded one) :D Isn't You've been Framed that daft programme years ago with that revolting Jeremy dodah? Why are you downloading that :confused:

bridie Nov 5th 2008 5:44 am

Dr Who (cos I'm too impatient to wait for it to be shown on ABC...)
Spooks
Ashes to Ashes

Will probably add Torchwood to the list as I'm just getting into Season 1 (borrowed the DVD boxset from the library) and we dont get Channel 10.

Also downloaded a few random things, Jamie's Ministry of Food Ep 1, Little Britain USA Ep 1 and one thing I've had for ages and only watched yesterday Derren Brown's Seance. Amazing programme, really gets you thinking (although I hadnt realised it's about 4 years old by now)

Scubaemma Nov 5th 2008 5:46 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6941882)
Never heard of Merlin (the tv programme, I've obviously heard of the bearded one) :D Isn't You've been Framed that daft programme years ago with that revolting Jeremy dodah? Why are you downloading that :confused:

lol that Jeremy whatshisname (with the small hand) hasn't done it for donkeys years! Actually, didn't he die?

Never heard of Merlin either (other than the bearded one).

Didn't realise Top Gear had caused a load of controvosy. Does seem to be the thing at the moment. Getting a bit boring really.

bobbyftm Nov 5th 2008 5:46 am

I do match of the day when i've missed foxtels version & have done all the apprentice programmes for er in doors

Dazza49 Nov 5th 2008 6:00 am

benidorm, absolutely hilarious.

Ally:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

northernbird Nov 5th 2008 8:14 am

Spooks, Coronation St, anything with Gordon Ramsey and any other drama that looks good. Just watched a 3 parter with Steve Coogan called Sunshine. Written by Craig Cash and also starring the fantastic Bernard Hill. It was absolutely brilliant and would recommend to anyone.

mooncat Nov 5th 2008 8:58 am

:curse: tried downloading spooks on uknova but it sent me through limewire and I have only got episode 1 and 2 and it just plays the sound through media player and not the pics.
What am I doing wrong???:confused:

bridie Nov 5th 2008 9:35 am

go to the box not uknova, far better site

www.thebox.bz