Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The UK housing market

The UK housing market

Old Jun 20th 2014, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK housing market

Originally Posted by Amazulu
NG is just one aspect of why our house prices are so high
Getting rid of it might have some benefits but there will be downsides - there always is
Other countries do not have it and their markets are becoming unaffordable - and they have higher rents
If NG is keeping investors in and first home buyers out then tough titty - that's the market

As long as my house price stays high I don't give a shit
Like Brisbane, no one has ever been able to provide a decent reason for keeping it. For the benefit of all, not just you and your house price today, it should go.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 12:30 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Like Brisbane, no one has ever been able to provide a decent reason for keeping it. For the benefit of all, not just you and your house price today, it should go.
I agree. It would be interesting to see how the Australian public would react to the discontinuation of NG.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 1:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

NG is reality is not a good system

You seem to think that removing it will be the total answer to high house prices

It might have some effect for a while but we will just carry on with increasing prices - and much higher rents

Interest rates and increasing supply are the best way to control house prices

Looking at the UK, Ireland, Canada shows us this
Old Jun 20th 2014, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
NG is reality is not a good system

You seem to think that removing it will be the total answer to high house prices

It might have some effect for a while but we will just carry on with increasing prices - and much higher rents

Interest rates and increasing supply are the best way to control house prices

Looking at the UK, Ireland, Canada shows us this
No I have a problem with the 7 billion that could be put to better uses. I now rent a beautiful apartment that last sold for 1.2 million. NG makes me a winner. But its not about me. Its about being smart and not artificially inflating property prices and lowering rental prices where the tax payer pays for this artificial shite.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 12:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

No I have a problem with the 7 billion that could be put to better uses. I now rent a beautiful apartment that last sold for 1.2 million. NG makes me a winner. But its not about me. Its about being smart and not artificially inflating property prices and lowering rental prices where the tax payer pays for this artificial shite.
Unfortunately you see NG as what Arthur Harris called a 'panacea target'
Old Jun 21st 2014, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

I am in the U.k. Right now and have to say the market is really on the up homes are selling very quickly and still very expensive if you are wanting to live in a good area.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 8:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting to see how things pan over the next few months.

UK house prices rising at fastest pace in 27 years - Telegraph
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
I am in the U.k. Right now and have to say the market is really on the up homes are selling very quickly and still very expensive if you are wanting to live in a good area.
Originally Posted by paulry
It'll be interesting to see how things pan over the next few months.

UK house prices rising at fastest pace in 27 years - Telegraph

I wonder what PWC is saying now. This article from 13 Jul 2010.

UK house prices not set to recover for another ten years, says PWC - Telegraph
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I wonder what PWC is saying now. This article from 13 Jul 2010.

UK house prices not set to recover for another ten years, says PWC - Telegraph
That's a very good example of the experts getting things wrong.