Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK household disposable income falls for first time in 30 years

UK household disposable income falls for first time in 30 years

Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK household disposable income falls for first time in 30 years

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Thatcher, Fraser and co gave the world one Robert Gabriel Mugabe - great move.

I still think that, overall, Thatcher was a good PM for the UK.
A recipe for disaster with the arrangement to share power between Mugabe and Nkomo. It was of course the desire to eradicate the problem poste haste, by the Brits that was bound to decimate the country and longer term impact further South.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Like I said previously, a lot of the world were very hypocritcal towards SA - Thatcher showed them up for this, hence her popularity there
Thatcher had a lot of European leaders not in favour of her style of lectoring to them on this that and the other.
Not likely to influence others with her style,especially on matters South African. Although to be fair the writing was on the wall at some point in the eighties.....
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:54 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I see it as dismal management in so many areas. Unions in most areas are not the issue these days and are a requirement than enable the powerless some say.
At the very least they help create a balance
No they don't. Unions create strong resentment

Workers councils are what create balance

Originally Posted by the troubadour
There is a lot of bullying and mobbing taking place in certain sectors at least. I put it down by and large to inexperienced or/and inappropiate managers,whom seem to flit from area to area with little to no experience in the field they manage.
It's lack of people management skills that's the problem not flitting or working in different areas.

Excellent managers can work in any business and any industry if they know how to get the best out of people by managing them properly mate
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
No they don't. Unions create strong resentment

It's lack of people management skills that's the problem not flitting or working in different areas.

Here's what happens when you don't have unions.... no resentment here because the slaves are Obedient. Do you know anyone personally that works in retail ?

http://franklludwig.com/lidl.html

Surely the most die hard anti unionist would have even more objections to what happens/happend at Lidl and their Ilk. I think anyone working there would have been happy to cause some "resentment".

It's because of Aussie Unions, that workers here get 13 weeks long service leave and 17.5 pct leave loading..... where's the resentment in that ?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Here's what happens when you don't have unions.... no resentment here because the slaves are Obedient. Do you know anyone personally that works in retail ?

Surely the most die hard anti unionist would have even more objections to what happens/happend at Lidl and their Ilk. I think anyone working there would have been happy to cause some "resentment".

It's because of Aussie Unions, that workers here get 13 weeks long service leave and 17.5 pct leave loading..... where's the resentment in that ?
And then you have what these moronic Aussie unions are trying to do to Qantas. Unions have a place, but not to have the power that they do in Australia
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:59 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

The Lidl article was writen by a disgruntled employee. Even the best of companies can drag up a few of those emotional tirades mate

Union and business relationships are always based on "them and us" whereas workers councils provide a more balanced approach.

There should always be a middle group to stop a one sided relationship like what happened with Lidl but having a union is defo not the answer

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Apr 6th 2011 at 7:02 am.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather they got me 5 weeks leave a year I know I'll be able to take than some once in a lifetime longer break I'll probably never be able to take advantage of!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There should always be a middle group to stop a one sided relationship like what happened with Lidl but having a union is defo not the answer
Having nothing is definitely not the answer.... How many wokers councils are there..?. never heard of them in Aus. In fact I've barely heard of them before this thread. Everytime I've heard of employees being involved with Management descisions in Manufacturing or Production, they become tainted. Although I will say employees in office type enviornments that are involved with management in workplace direction is usually a good outcome. There is a distinct difference in attitudes between white collar and blue collar management/employee relations.

90 pct of the time plus, unions can resolve issues with management, without confrontation.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'd rather they got me 5 weeks leave a year I know I'll be able to take than some once in a lifetime longer break I'll probably never be able to take advantage of!
Long service leave and leave loading is becoming less sustainable for most companies. Its a bit like buying a lifetime guarantee - not much cop if the company goes bust

Aus is slowly waking up to the fact it needs to increase productivity, lower costs and fall in line with the rest of the western world. Jeez everyone's still smarting over paying maternity leave yet we boast paying 13 weeks long service leave

Unions are all about what's best for workers.

Companies are all about what's best for them.

Workers councils are all about what's best for the customers
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'd say the majority, take it as pay, when they leave an employer.

I know more people in the workforce that have accumulated long service than dont... there again I guess thats the people I mix with.

You've at least got the 17.5 pct... which equates to more than an extra weeks pay.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:24 am

Having nothing is definitely not the answer.... How many wokers councils are there..?. never heard of them in Aus. In fact I've barely heard of them before this thread. Everytime I've heard of employees being involved with Management descisions in Manufacturing or Production, they become tainted. Although I will say employees in office type enviornments that are involved with management in workplace direction is usually a good outcome. There is a distinct difference in attitudes between white collar and blue collar management/employee relations.

90 pct of the time plus, unions can resolve issues with management, without confrontation.
Really good companies in Europe have replaced unions with workers councils and it works far better than unions ever did.

It holds business to account in terms of management training. Makes managers manage far smarter mate
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really good companies in Europe have replaced unions with workers councils and it works far better than unions ever did.

It holds business to account in terms of management training. Makes managers manage far smarter mate
Overseen by the Unions by the looks of things here.... if the German model is the classic example then no objection from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_council
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:33 am

Overseen by the Unions by the looks of things here.... if the German model is the classic example then no objection from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_council

they really do work too mate - from everyone's standpoint
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:44 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say the majority, take it as pay, when they leave an employer.
I think you need 7+ years service to do that...most people I know never clock that up!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:48 am

I think you need 7+ years service to do that...most people I know never clock that up!
exactly and anyone on contract or casual don't even get it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.