Is UK f**ked ?

Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:33 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
The definition in Nationmaster is:

So it appears to ignore the uninhabitable/uninhabited desert areas.
I didnt click on the link
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got 10 fingers and 10 toes and could go quoting facts all day but is the UK f**ked or is it not.

Personally, I think yes from 79 onwards and each government since then hasnt a clue how to fix the mess.

Politics is now being used to line the pockets of career politicians.

The upper classes used parliament as an old boys club but now working classes have their noses in the troughs and it sickens me. They have been shown, in the most part, to be greedy self-interested bastards and to hell with the constituents who served their purpose in getting them there.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:56 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Ive got 10 fingers and 10 toes and could go quoting facts all day but is the UK f**ked or is it not.

Personally, I think yes from 79 onwards and each government since then hasnt a clue how to fix the mess.

The upper classes used parliament as an old boys club but now working classes have their noses in the troughs and it sickens me. They have been shown, in the most part, to be greedy self-interested bastards and to hell with the constituents who served their purpose in getting them there.
I agree, right now it's not looking good. The outcome of the next elections will determine whether the place is well and truly f**ked.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
I agree, right now it's not looking good. The outcome of the next elections will determine whether the place is well and truly f**ked.
I think foooked sounds so much more refined... and it gets past the 'naughty word' checker as well.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Exactly
Let me correct a few things here. I am not from China, as one poster may have suggested above, but whether westerners like it or not, Tibet has been part of China since the Tang Dynasty.

People who want Tibet to be an independent state can go and live in fantasy land. The west tries to use Tibet to break up China. China is no Yugoslavia and is neither Soviet Union. You like it or not, China is on the way up.

One poster above gives the link to wikipedia above human rights in China. How good is human rights in the UK?

What happens to the Stephen Lawrence case?
What was the outcome for the Metropolitan Police who shot the Brazilian on London Underground?
What happens to the policeman who used a baton to beat Ian Tomlinson?

If human right is so bad in China, as one poster may have suggested, why is the West going cap in hand to China?
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:12 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaungchiau
If human right is so bad in China, as one poster may have suggested, why is the West going cap in hand to China?
They have still more savings the West is eager to squander.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:30 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Let me correct a few things here. I am not from China, as one poster may have suggested above, but whether westerners like it or not, Tibet has been part of China since the Tang Dynasty.

People who want Tibet to be an independent state can go and live in fantasy land. The west tries to use Tibet to break up China. China is no Yugoslavia and is neither Soviet Union. You like it or not, China is on the way up.
Can you explain why China treats the Tibetans so badly? What's all that about?

The West has no interest in breaking up China. We need your cheap factory labour and you need our natural resources. Why would we want to break up China? No reason that I can see. It's totally illogical. We need you in good shape so we can keep exploiting you.

One poster above gives the link to wikipedia above human rights in China. How good is human rights in the UK?
About a million times better than China. Why does the Chinese government torture Falun Gong members?

What happens to the Stephen Lawrence case?
What was the outcome for the Metropolitan Police who shot the Brazilian on London Underground?
What happens to the policeman who used a baton to beat Ian Tomlinson?
Three cases involving incompetence and breach of law. Is that the best you can do?

The senior officer in chage of the Lawrence case was disciplined. Four other offices who would have faced charges, retired before the inquiry was complete.

The Menezes jury returned an open verdict. It was difficult to apportion blame since the officers who killed him were acting under orders and believed those orders to be correct at the time.

The officer who hit Tomlinson has been suspended and is being questioned on suspicion of manslaughter.

So... what was your point, exactly? All you've done by raising these cases is to prove that the UK has a better legal system than China, and takes human rights seriously.

It's not. What gave you that idea, and how is it related to human rights?
Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

And of course there have never been any human rights violations in Australia? seeing as it's an Australian forum this is on, but this part of the argument is totally off topic so......
I would much prefer to live in the f**ked UK than in most of the rest of the world. And as for politicians not paying much attention to their constituents, then they in the UK as in the rest of the world have to toe the party line, apart from some exceptions, however when I have gone to see my MP, of a different party to the one I support, then he has always dealt with the matter fairly, and usually written to the people while I have been in his office, and I have always had a reply.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Now we are discussing car density?!

There used to be a time when we had a fucking laugh on here!!

Car density!!
Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think foooked sounds so much more refined... and it gets past the 'naughty word' checker as well.
Naughty Word Checker obviously doesn't work very well on BE!

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 15th 2009 at 5:56 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Naughty Word Checker obviously doesn't work very well on BE!
Split!

I bet you reported it as well.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Split!

I bet you reported it as well.
No, merely making an observation. I don't rat on people.

Did you enjoy the Eng vs Arg game?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:11 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Did you enjoy the Eng vs Arg game?
To be honest, the Ireland Australia game was the best of the weekend, although I did enjoy the Wales Samoa, some nice hits and its good to see Wales struggle a bit!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To be honest, the Ireland Australia game was the best of the weekend, although I did enjoy the Wales Samoa, some nice hits and its good to see Wales struggle a bit!

I haven't watched those games yet (recorded though on Sky+), but I've seen the results.

I'm still reeling from the Boks losing to France! I'm South African and a bok supporter.

Ireland drawing with Oz is very interesing. We play them after we play Italy.

Who's your team?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac67

Hmm! That suggests that the governments prior to 79 were competent and honest. I didn't get that impression at the time nor in hindsight. I doubt that Wilson and Heath would have had a clue either.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Nov 15th 2009 at 9:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.