Reload this Page >

UK OR AUSTRALIA OLYMPIC GAMES

Wikiposts

UK OR AUSTRALIA OLYMPIC GAMES

Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

jonnywonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK OR AUSTRALIA OLYMPIC GAMES

Hi just been whatching olympic soccer match found my self cheering on oz but who do you cheer for when oz & uk are in same event?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK OR AUSTRALIA OLYMPIC GAMES

Neither, I'd go for GB!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:02 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonnywonny
Hi just been whatching olympic soccer match found my self cheering on oz but who do you cheer for when oz & uk are in same event?
The winning side. Always.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I cheer for both unless of course they were in a match/race/event together and then I would always cheer for the Englishman/woman.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
The winning side. Always.
That does for me. Unless that team is America of course
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:40 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I am just hoping this time around that Channel 7 will actually show some of the other competitors in the games rather than just showing Australians in whatever event it happens to be. I am all in favour of showing the home countries athletes, but not at the expense of missing some of the best performers in the world 'live' rather than on a highlights reel two hours later. I specifically remember last time they showed a full non-medal match involving the Australian womens hockey team, which was on at the same time as the womens marathon, they didnt even give live updates on the marathon, just chose to ignore it completely, there has to be a more balanced coverage this time surely ?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by northernbird
I cheer for both unless of course they were in a match/race/event together and then I would always cheer for the Englishman/woman.

What if it's not an english man/woman in the GB team
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:51 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
I'd cheer for whoever looked less gormless. Which is going to be tough because, let's face it, all athletes look like gormless spods.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
I'd cheer for whoever looked less gormless. Which is going to be tough because, let's face it, all athletes look like gormless spods.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:57 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
Maybe they're doing that American thing where you call all British people 'English'
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hutch
Daley Thompson, Steve Ovett, Seb Coe and Fatima whitbread - yes i think you may have a point there.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:19 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I am just hoping this time around that Channel 7 will actually show some of the other competitors in the games rather than just showing Australians in whatever event it happens to be. I am all in favour of showing the home countries athletes, but not at the expense of missing some of the best performers in the world 'live' rather than on a highlights reel two hours later. I specifically remember last time they showed a full non-medal match involving the Australian womens hockey team, which was on at the same time as the womens marathon, they didnt even give live updates on the marathon, just chose to ignore it completely, there has to be a more balanced coverage this time surely ?
A friend of mine (from UK lived in aus for over 10 yrs) said he is so annoyed that they are not showing any coverage other than the Aussies.
Email channel 7 and if enough people do it they might listen!!
J x
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:05 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: UK OR AUSTRALIA OLYMPIC GAMES

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
A friend of mine (from UK lived in aus for over 10 yrs) said he is so annoyed that they are not showing any coverage other than the Aussies.
Email channel 7 and if enough people do it they might listen!!
J x
Is he in the UK right now, or in Australia?

The Sydney games coverage was woeful, and Australians in their thousands complained that they were not shown enough of the other athletes. Surely Channel 7 would not be dumb enough to make that mistake again...
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday's coverage seemed relatively fair. The bimbo doing the links was talking about how good certain people were and they weren't Aussies. In the swimming they were even getting vaguely excited by a British swimmer called something Miley and saying how great it was for the Brits - not being patronising either. They certainly showed more of other nations than I was expecting after what people have said on here.

Only the first day though so........
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yesterday's coverage seemed relatively fair. The bimbo doing the links was talking about how good certain people were and they weren't Aussies. In the swimming they were even getting vaguely excited by a British swimmer called something Miley and saying how great it was for the Brits - not being patronising either. They certainly showed more of other nations than I was expecting after what people have said on here.

Only the first day though so........
I endured some for that exact reason, missus. Didn't think the coverage was any more lop-sided than the efforts of the UK media. Yet another example of people spouting histrionic bullshit ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.