View Poll Results: Ugg boots opinions please!!!!!
Love them have to have them
34.00%
Hate them
28.00%
Undecided
12.00%
Couldn't care less
26.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Ugg Boots

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ugg Boots

Originally Posted by Mairead
Shocking Shocking Shocking!! Hate them!! Wouldn't be seen dead in them!! My cousin bought me the slipper versions for xmas and I wouldn't even wear them!! Shocking Shocking Shocking
You're not too keen then ?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:29 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seayork2002
It can get colder there than it does here. Well it feels like it anyway
When? it was minus 4 when I set of for work this morning with that lovely cold white stuff all around
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
You are obviously over 35 , they are sooooo out....granny boots.
I am actually not near 35 im only 28

I have to say that my hubby says they look like granny boots but I love them.

The UGG boot originally came from Australia in the 70s as the surfers used them to keep their feet warm when they came out of the ocean.

At least it gave us all something to talk about. LOL
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Bit of info re Ugg boots he he he he

By the 1970s, in Perth, the largest city on Australia’s West Coast, Ug boots were being manufactured by several small companies in the area. Perth has much the same climate as Southern California and is also a haven for surfers, whom Aussies call "surfies." And it was the community of surfies at the great surfing beaches at Margaret River near Perth who first adopted Ug Boots as their footwear of choice and made them a symbol of the Aussie surfing lifestyle.

From the beaches of Western Australia, Ugs were soon seen on the feet of East Coast surfers from Brisbane to Sydney. And it wasn’t long before some of these surfers -- the ones who traded their surfboards for skis in the winter -- found that their Ug Boots were just as at home in the ski resort areas of the Snowy Mountains as they were on the warm sands of Sydney’s Bondi Beach.
It was Aussie surfers, traveling the world in search of the perfect wave, who first introduced their mates in Southern California to the pleasures of the Ug Boot. Ugs soon became a cult fashion among those L.A. surfers who could depend on a buddy ‘down under" to send them a pair of boots.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:41 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aus2be

By the 1970s, in Perth, the largest city on Australia’s West Coast, Ug boots were being manufactured by several small companies in the area. Perth has much the same climate as Southern California and is also a haven for surfers, whom Aussies call "surfies." And it was the community of surfies at the great surfing beaches at Margaret River near Perth who first adopted Ug Boots as their footwear of choice and made them a symbol of the Aussie surfing lifestyle.

From the beaches of Western Australia, Ugs were soon seen on the feet of East Coast surfers from Brisbane to Sydney. And it wasn’t long before some of these surfers -- the ones who traded their surfboards for skis in the winter -- found that their Ug Boots were just as at home in the ski resort areas of the Snowy Mountains as they were on the warm sands of Sydney’s Bondi Beach.
It was Aussie surfers, traveling the world in search of the perfect wave, who first introduced their mates in Southern California to the pleasures of the Ug Boot. Ugs soon became a cult fashion among those L.A. surfers who could depend on a buddy ‘down under" to send them a pair of boots.
Thanks for that!! I certainly didnt know they went back to the 70's!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be

....and the rest of the story.....

In the late 70s and into the 80s, the only people seen wearing them were "bogans" or "westies".

Meanwhile, over in the USA, someone realised that the name/trademark Ugg hadn't been registered. So they did it for themselves. So Uggs bought in the US are not owned by the Australian company.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:04 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
I just can't understand why Sheepskin lined boots are needed in Aus
Because come winter its *****ing freezing for a few weeks and our houses have no insulation. And when it does get down to single digits, after a couple of years its just horrible, especially when you have acclimatized to the point that anything less than 25 is cool.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

I am 29 and love my uggs, you are not supossed to wear them with socks , it says on the label. If you wear socks your feet will get too hot, they can regulate the heat apparently, hence the price and the fact they come from oz. Dont knock them till you have tried them

minibelle

I wear mine with socks by the way it too cold here.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minibelle
I am 29 and love my uggs, you are not supossed to wear them with socks , it says on the label. If you wear socks your feet will get too hot, they can regulate the heat apparently, hence the price and the fact they come from oz. Dont knock them till you have tried them

minibelle

I wear mine with socks by the way it too cold here.
Im 29 this year I agree with you totally
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You're not too keen then ?

LOL

OK lets look at it this way. Where do you think the name UGG boots came from?

UGLY BOOTS PERHAPS!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
LOL

OK lets look at it this way. Where do you think the name UGG boots came from?

UGLY BOOTS PERHAPS!!!
Yes, it has nothing to do with how comfortable they may be! They are seriously UGGLY!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:19 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Uggs are THE footwear of choice for any self-respecting teenager - my girls won't be seen without them - with shorts & mini skirts in the summer & with jeans tucked in during the winter - heck, even with mini-skirts & woolly tights in the winter

Yes, they first got into them through the surfing scene - we used to surf a lot when we lived down in Devon, which is wwhy we're heeading for hopefully more of the same in Oz - & with our Uggs, of course
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

They were 'in' here last year, but are 'out' now according to my 8yr old DD. Ballet pumps are 'out' too according to her.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul30
I just can't understand why Sheepskin lined boots are needed in Aus
I guess you have never visited Australia. There are parts over here that get snow and frosts. Where I live, we regular get -9 degs in winter.

And yes, i do own a pir of ugg boots and yes, i do love them. (dont wear them out of the house is my advise as they do look pretty daggy)

Barney
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:40 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

All 5 of us have got em,essential winter footwear...on tiled floors your feet go numb pretty quick..only need 2 types of footwear anyway..thongs and uggy's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.