Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

TWT crptic post explained from the horses mouth (kind of)

TWT crptic post explained from the horses mouth (kind of)

Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:07 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWT crptic post explained from the horses mouth (kind of)

Many of you have guessed that tired with twins “cryptic post” was referring to Matt and I.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=cryptic

She did a cracking job but I am answering so many pm’s and emails every day with updates I thought I would come out of the closet and brace myself for any flack and tell the rest of the saga. BE WARNED!! It’s a saga and a half

We had to wait a week while Matt’s brain got over the trauma, and then he went in for surgery on the Friday to get the cyst removed. It took over 6 and half hours. Once I saw him awake I kinda fell to bits for the first time and chucked up (rather impressively I must say!) with a very worried Bordy waiting outside. He then proceeded to tell me I looked worse that Matt!

He still had the drains in his head and the plan was for one to come out Saturday and one Sunday. The plan never happens and the Saturday one came out but every time the Sunday one was put under any pressure eg standing up the hole from the Saturday one kept leaking spinal fluid all over the shop.

By Thursday it was decided that he would need another operation to put a shunt in from the brain to the stomach to draw the CSF away from the brain. I also got a call from the MRI department later on in the day to say that a cancellation for my sons scan had come through for the following morning could I be at there at 8am (same hospital)

Friday dawned and we headed off. Niall was good under anesthetic and only threw up a little bit afterwards. The plan was to check out his pituitary gland for cysts because he’s growing to tall to quickly. A relatively simple thing to deal with and I was calm.

Sunday came and Matt was very disorientated and began vomiting profusely, his brain drain blocked and he became very sick very quickly.

Monday came the 3rd operation in 10 days. The drain came out and the staples replaced and another drain put in the other side. The infection was meningitis and he was put on intravenous anti biotics immediately.:scared:

He got better towards the end of the week and by Friday was up and about. The same day I got a phone call with Nialls results. The good news is it wasn’t cysts. However something totally unrelated showed up; it’s called “chiari malfunction stage one” and Can if left lead to paralysis. (Theres plenty about it on google) At this stage I wasn’t so calm. I almost felt resentful to Matt at this stage for not bloody being there when I needed him; irrational but true….

Sunday came with a headache for Matt (gulp)…..

Monday the headache continued. (gulp, vodka please) I had had a cracking toothache all week. Plucked up the courage to go to the dentists to be told it was curtains for my super big molar. 5 Jabs and 45 mins later, they got the bugger and its right-angled roots out. After nearly passing out in the waiting room I took off to the hospital biting gauze all the way. Matt waspretty sick at the hospital when i left, but i felt really ill and needed to sleep.(it was al about me at that point! Seriously i was crying in pain on the way home!) The tooth finally stopped bleeding at bedtime when I googled “excessive bleeding after extractions” it told me to bite on a dampened tea bag. Thought they were having a laugh but needed caffeine fix, and it worked!

Tuesday came. Rang hospital, Matt was down having a CT scan to check for another hydrocephalus episode. I had a phone call from the school at 1.30 telling me that Niall had had a collision with the concrete, with his FACE! I was in the city on a course an hour away. I rang my Mum and off she dashed. She called me back saying Nialls face looked like a car crash; split lip half his nose scraped off but teeth in tact!

When I got to the hospital I met my Mum and kids on the way out, took one look at Niall and said to Mum, did his nose look that wonky when he first did it? Errm no, the swellings coming down…. Off to casualty we go. 21/2 hours later they tell me that it’s to swollen and they don’t x-ray noses for a week because it’s too hard to tell the damage. Why TF didn’t they tell me that 2-½ hrs ago. Up we go to see Matt, by this time 8pm. He’s having his second lumbar puncture of the day to try to suss the infection. In the mean time they’ve found his last lonely, hiding vein to stick another I.V in to put a blanket dose of antibiotics in till the bug grows from the spinal.

TODAY…..DAY 26……Well I’d prepared myself for the worst and things did feel better! Matt was up and about when I got there after work at 4pm. His short term memory has gone back a ways and he’s all a bit confused again as to where his Mum is (CORNWALLLLLL for the 50 billionth time!!!!) why he’s there etc, but is a bit more chatty again today. But still so quiet by his standards. I’m dying for him to take the piss or say something totally inappropriate or out of order to make me laugh! All his staples are out of his head, around 60-70 but it made me gag if I looked for to long, so not an accurate count. He looks like a stereotypical shaved headed scarred thug now, but I think once the hair grows back most of the scars will become invisible (hard to believe at the moment though)

Niall saw Matt’s neuro team today (talk about its not what you know!) Who oooed and arrred at his scan telling me that there’s quite a "significant malformation" present and they think that surgery is imminent. They do however want to wait until the “problem upstairs is straightened out” I did have to laugh at the thought of Matts reaction at being referred to as that. We will get a pediatric neuro physician within the next couple of weeks who will confirm that this will help his symptoms then we will set a date. Niall is devastated his rats tail is going to be shaved off but also rather excited at the fact that he will be able to lay in bed all day, be brought loads of sweets and watch Nickelodeon...........

Told you it was a saga and congratulate anyone who didn’t loose the will to live before the end. I am just praying that they can treat the bug with super strong stuff and ship him out to rehab ASAP before he catches anything else!

To everyone that has helped, weather it by email, PM, MSN, card, phoning, texting, going in, picking my kids up/ looking after my kids and just generally being there for us, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hxxxx

PS. Please don’t jinx me by asking how my daughters doing. No news is good news so Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWT crptic post explained from the horses mouth (kind of)

Aw, what a horrible time you've had. I hope things get better real soon. We are all here if and when you need a good moan or a laugh.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Many of you have guessed that tired with twins “cryptic post” was referring to Matt and I.

She did a cracking job but I am answering so many pm’s and emails every day with updates I thought I would come out of the closet and brace myself for any flack and tell the rest of the saga. BE WARNED!! It’s a saga and a half

We had to wait a week while Matt’s brain got over the trauma, and then he went in for surgery on the Friday to get the cyst removed. It took over 6 and half hours. Once I saw him awake I kinda fell to bits for the first time and chucked up (rather impressively I must say!) with a very worried Bordy waiting outside. He then proceeded to tell me I looked worse that Matt!

He still had the drains in his head and the plan was for one to come out Saturday and one Sunday. The plan never happens and the Saturday one came out but every time the Sunday one was put under any pressure eg standing up the hole from the Saturday one kept leaking spinal fluid all over the shop.

By Thursday it was decided that he would need another operation to put a shunt in from the brain to the stomach to draw the CSF away from the brain. I also got a call from the MRI department later on in the day to say that a cancellation for my sons scan had come through for the following morning could I be at there at 8am (same hospital)

Friday dawned and we headed off. Niall was good under anesthetic and only threw up a little bit afterwards. The plan was to check out his pituitary gland for cysts because he’s growing to tall to quickly. A relatively simple thing to deal with and I was calm.

Sunday came and Matt was very disorientated and began vomiting profusely, his brain drain blocked and he became very sick very quickly.

Monday came the 3rd operation in 10 days. The drain came out and the staples replaced and another drain put in the other side. The infection was meningitis and he was put on intravenous anti biotics immediately.

He got better towards the end of the week and by Friday was up and about. The same day I got a phone call with Nialls results. The good news is it wasn’t cysts. However something totally unrelated showed up; it’s called “chiari malfunction stage one” and Can if left lead to paralysis. (Theres plenty about it on google) At this stage I wasn’t so calm. I almost felt resentful to Matt at this stage for not bloody being there when I needed him; irrational but true….

Monday the headache continued. (gulp, vodka please) I had had a cracking toothache all week. Plucked up the courage to go to the dentists to be told it was curtains for my super big molar. 5 Jabs and 45 mins later, they got the bugger and its right-angled roots out. After nearly passing out in the waiting room I took off to the hospital biting gauze all the way. Matt waspretty sick at the hospital when i left, but i felt really ill and needed to sleep.(it was al about me at that point! Seriously i was crying in pain on the way home!) The tooth finally stopped bleeding at bedtime when I googled “excessive bleeding after extractions” it told me to bite on a dampened tea bag. Thought they were having a laugh but needed caffeine fix, and it worked!

Tuesday came. Rang hospital, Matt was down having a CT scan to check for another hydrocephalus episode. I had a phone call from the school at 1.30 telling me that Niall had had a collision with the concrete, with his FACE! I was in the city on a course an hour away. I rang my Mum and off she dashed. She called me back saying Nialls face looked like a car crash; split lip half his nose scraped off but teeth in tact!

When I got to the hospital I met my Mum and kids on the way out, took one look at Niall and said to Mum, did his nose look that wonky when he first did it? Errm no, the swellings coming down…. Off to casualty we go. 21/2 hours later they tell me that it’s to swollen and they don’t x-ray noses for a week because it’s too hard to tell the damage. Why TF didn’t they tell me that 2-½ hrs ago. Up we go to see Matt, by this time 8pm. He’s having his second lumbar puncture of the day to try to suss the infection. In the mean time they’ve found his last lonely, hiding vein to stick another I.V in to put a blanket dose of antibiotics in till the bug grows from the spinal.

TODAY…..DAY 26……Well I’d prepared myself for the worst and things did feel better! Matt was up and about when I got there after work at 4pm. His short term memory has gone back a ways and he’s all a bit confused again as to where his Mum is (CORNWALLLLLL for the 50 billionth time!!!!) why he’s there etc, but is a bit more chatty again today. But still so quiet by his standards. I’m dying for him to take the piss or say something totally inappropriate or out of order to make me laugh! All his staples are out of his head, around 60-70 but it made me gag if I looked for to long, so not an accurate count. He looks like a stereotypical shaved headed scarred thug now, but I think once the hair grows back most of the scars will become invisible (hard to believe at the moment though)

Niall saw Matt’s neuro team today (talk about its not what you know!) Who oooed and arrred at his scan telling me that there’s quite a "significant malformation" present and they think that surgery is imminent. They do however want to wait until the “problem upstairs is straightened out” I did have to laugh at the thought of Matts reaction at being referred to as that. We will get a pediatric neuro physician within the next couple of weeks who will confirm that this will help his symptoms then we will set a date. Niall is devastated his rats tail is going to be shaved off but also rather excited at the fact that he will be able to lay in bed all day, be brought loads of sweets and watch Nickelodeon...........

Told you it was a saga and congratulate anyone who didn’t loose the will to live before the end. I am just praying that they can treat the bug with super strong stuff and ship him out to rehab ASAP before he catches anything else!

To everyone that has helped, weather it by email, PM, MSN, card, phoning, texting, going in, picking my kids up/ looking after my kids and just generally being there for us, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hxxxx

PS. Please don’t jinx me by asking how my daughters doing. No news is good news so Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
God, you can't half talk sometimes
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I still think your balls are bigger than mine Hevs

Keep that helmet on.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I still think your balls are bigger than mine Hevs

Keep that helmet on.
Its on and my back is straight Major Bix

MP, I know I know. But i will print that off and take it to Matt. He has the luxury of not being able to remember one damn minute of it

Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Its on and my back is straight Major Bix

MP, I know I know. But i will print that off and take it to Matt. He has the luxury of not being able to remember one damn minute of it

Thanks
Sounds a nightmare Hevs.

Hope things look up from now on

Best wishes

G
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:40 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeze what a nightmare! god, I don't know what to say - it must be hell!

Well done for keeping it together!

K sent, you need it
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:42 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Monday came the 3rd operation in 10 days. The drain came out and the staples replaced and another drain put in the other side. The infection was meningitis and he was put on intravenous anti biotics immediately.:scared:

Hxxxx

Bloody hell, I really dont know what to say but didnt feel I could read it and then not comment. All I can say is my heart went out to you reading it and I hope things get better for you and your family very soon. It also made me not feel not so grumpy with 1: my son for not going to sleep and 2: with my hubby for deciding to have a shower in the ensuite about 5 cms of plasterboard away from the bed that is calling me, talk about put things into perspective.

Take Care,
Sharon
x
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:45 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

You poor thing having to go through all that on your own.

I hope you get plenty of support from here as you deserve it.

Look after yourself.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

Thanks guys! I've never had so much karma in such a short time
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thats 3 times ive read this noo
can we not keep it down to PMs lol
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by soapy
thats 3 times ive read this noo
can we not keep it down to PMs lol
You din't haff tae!!

You just like feelin special, i know
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:49 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Hxxxx

Flippin eck Hevs, you have had such a tough time, I truly hope that everything is going to be ok for you from now on.
Take Care
Julie x
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

You din't haff tae!!

You just like feelin special, i know
i did have tae !!!!!
when i read this, i just had to look at the link u added, then i read that llf
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:52 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear of your massive problems - hope Matt gets better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.