TV Winge

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:29 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Winge

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Sorry, I'm obviously missing the point.

You came halfway around the world, and you want to watch TV?

We hardly watched TV in UK, and have never tried it here.

We do have Foxtel, kids watch cartoons, OH subscribed to ?whatever? and watches key football games in UK. Just remembered, Sentanta Sport.

Mostly we are enjoying our new life without TV.

M
Why wouldn't people want to watch tv?
I don't watch much tv here in the U.K but I still like to watch a few shows like Lost, Heroes etc.
Just because people are emigrating doesn't mean they don't want to veg out now and again.
You're hardly going to be 'enjoying the beach lifestyle' at 10pm on a Monday night when you have to get up for work the next day.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Is it just me or is Oz TV annoying.

I started to watch a film last week and every 8 minutes there was a break for adverts, and each break the adverts were the same.

Luckily I do not watch much TV but that was just a pain in the arse.

I now record everything and watch it later, fast forwarding the ads.

Bobby
I totally agree!!!! It drives us nuts - in fact it has cut down my telly watching tons cos I just can't stand it! We are in rented property too so we can't even get foxtel installed!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

We have Austar and can set the skyplus option to record. It drives me nuts when the show times are altered and I constantly miss the last 10 - 15 minutes of my recorded programme!!We now set it to record for 1/2 hour AFTER the programme should have finished....

Sorry for watching TV since moving too!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Sorry, I'm obviously missing the point.

You came halfway around the world, and you want to watch TV?

We hardly watched TV in UK, and have never tried it here.

We do have Foxtel, kids watch cartoons, OH subscribed to ?whatever? and watches key football games in UK. Just remembered, Sentanta Sport.

Mostly we are enjoying our new life without TV.

M
Yes, holiday mode does not continue forever, life does go on! Shopping has to be done, have to go to work, even cooking and cleaning has to be done too, so at the end of a long day some chose to wind down with a bit of tv!

Yes, would love to be sitting around in a hammock with a cocktail but alas one's day to day life is fairly similar here to one's day to day life back in UK (as you have demonstrated by your lack of viewing in both places - why would it be different for anyone else?).

p.s. they even have informative, educational stuff on tv sometimes too
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:51 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Yup, Ladette is on tonight!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
And Surf patrol last night......is it real??????????
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
bloody love that! a dose of ramsay followed by LTL - bliss!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
And Surf patrol last night......is it real??????????
Mind you, I almost missed it after coming back from shark fishing, then a walk through the outback to some large red rock. Walked over some steel bridge, then went to some place where they keep crocs and got a video of a sadly deceased bloke and his daughter.

Then drank in a load of bars and dodged the rain, phew, all in a day in oz.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

FTA television in Australia is truly pitiful. As has been mentioned before, they use every single trick in the book to avoid actually showing a tv show as opposed to the advertisements they need to make a buck out of this sparsely populated country.

I can't stand the "Channel 9 news break" fifteen minutes into a movie and an hour since the last effing News break - if i wanted to watch the nes i wouldn't have tuned in to a movie!!!

I despise the cross promotion they do here - 7, 9 and 10 are all guilty of it. For example, if 9 are showing an event live then i guarantee it will figure somehow in that evening's news bulletin. Why? It aint news! Same if a particular channel's 'personality' is involved in something...

I got FoxTel as soon as i lived in a house that was cabled. I use IQ to record everything and always ffw the adverts. Well worth the extra dollars.

As for showing sport 'live' when it is actually on a half hour delay so they can show adverts through it - another joke.

Thank god FTA are no where near (real) football else they'd be going to ads all the time like Channel 7 did when they buried the rights to soccer to appease the AFL.

Long live FOXTEL!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
Mind you, I almost missed it after coming back from shark fishing, then a walk through the outback to some large red rock. Walked over some steel bridge, then went to some place where they keep crocs and got a video of a sadly deceased bloke and his daughter.

Then drank in a load of bars and dodged the rain, phew, all in a day in oz.

God... You get around a bit dont you!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rabsody
Yes, holiday mode does not continue forever, life does go on! Shopping has to be done, have to go to work, even cooking and cleaning has to be done too, so at the end of a long day some chose to wind down with a bit of tv!

Yes, would love to be sitting around in a hammock with a cocktail but alas one's day to day life is fairly similar here to one's day to day life back in UK (as you have demonstrated by your lack of viewing in both places - why would it be different for anyone else?).

Totally agree with you here - it really annoys me when people think you are on holiday constantly as you have moved to Australia. Not everyone wants a whole new life because they have moved too a different country - they just want to experience living somewhere else and new things - doesn't mean you have to stop your old past times too!
:curse:

Last edited by emmyjc1; Jun 3rd 2008 at 5:29 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

hatters04 will become famous soon enough

I never ever watch free to air tv. I find it extremely frustrating that the ads are so frequent. I find it amazing that 1 minute before an aussie drama finishes they break to the ads for a good 5 minutes and then play the remainder of the programme.

Thank god for foxtel, well most of it
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by hatters04

Yep...Foxtel is better than what's on channel 7, 9 and 10 etc..

I like watching TV on an evening when there's nothing else to do. The adverts stink, but that's just the way it is.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hatters04
I never ever watch free to air tv. I find it extremely frustrating that the ads are so frequent. I find it amazing that 1 minute before an aussie drama finishes they break to the ads for a good 5 minutes and then play the remainder of the programme.

This is a ploy to stop you from changing channels when the show you are watching is over. The put the ads that would have been shown between the shows just before the end of that show then segue straight into the next show.

Sneaky...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:24 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Is it just me or is Oz TV annoying.

I started to watch a film last week and every 8 minutes there was a break for adverts, and each break the adverts were the same.

Luckily I do not watch much TV but that was just a pain in the arse.

I now record everything and watch it later, fast forwarding the ads.

Bobby
Its all shite!

There debate over!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.