tv shows

Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:35 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default tv shows

just a quick question for those without pay tv. Having been here for nearly a couple of years now, there are a few tv series I miss and have decided to get the DVD series. I've not got them all yet, but the list so far is;
Couples
Office
only fools and horses
one foot in the grave.

Also a few US ones, hill Street Blues, Rockford Files (showing my age now )
Strange thing is, it seems a lot of Aussies have not heard of these shows(uk ones), but seem to like UK comedy. When I lend them the DVD, it goes down very well. Just wonder why they don't get a slot, even middle of the night would be nice. Lets be honest, some doggy UK black and white movie or music videos just is crap programming, |Rockford files, Kojak, Colombo,Husky and Crutch....oh the list is endless ]

I was just wondering what other's might be missing and maybe thinking of buying ? If any Aussies on here, what do you think ?

Please don't go into UK soaps :curse:

That said, Kath and Kim.....the dogs
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: tv shows

Hi My favorite, Only Fools & Horses, just classic and so funny, I had them all on video but left them at home in Scotland with my dad (another huge fan) Have been thinking about replacing them all on DVD, thats could be my xmas list started!!!

Donna

Last edited by Donna&Neil; Sep 28th 2007 at 9:49 am.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:24 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi My favorite, Only Fools & Horses, just classic and so funny, I had them all on video but left them at home in Scotland with my dad (another huge fan) Have been thinking about replacing them all on DVD, thats could be my xmas list started!!!

Donna
Agree Donna. I'm amazed that it's not shown on the box over here, I believe the Aussies would love it
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

All of those programs have been on TV here - and all of them on the ABC as far as I can recall. It's been years since Only Fools and Horses was last on though - doubt it caught on here in quite the same way as in the UK.

The Office was on only a few months after it was shown in the UK and Couples was on fairly recently (certainly within the last year). One Foot in the Grave was on when it was new and even repeated quite recently.

Maybe the Aussies you know don't watch the ABC...
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
just a quick question for those without pay tv. Having been here for nearly a couple of years now, there are a few tv series I miss and have decided to get the DVD series. I've not got them all yet, but the list so far is;
Couples
Office
only fools and horses
one foot in the grave.

Also a few US ones, hill Street Blues, Rockford Files (showing my age now )
Strange thing is, it seems a lot of Aussies have not heard of these shows(uk ones), but seem to like UK comedy. When I lend them the DVD, it goes down very well. Just wonder why they don't get a slot, even middle of the night would be nice. Lets be honest, some doggy UK black and white movie or music videos just is crap programming, |Rockford files, Kojak, Colombo,Husky and Crutch....oh the list is endless ]

I was just wondering what other's might be missing and maybe thinking of buying ? If any Aussies on here, what do you think ?

Please don't go into UK soaps :curse:

That said, Kath and Kim.....the dogs
Ok, I do have foxtel, and Columbo is on late at night on TV1 sometimes. Keeps me awake until the wee hours (though I've seen them all 10 times). Thats probably why terrestrial channels can't show it now. TV1 have bought the rights.

Now who has the rights to McGyver It hasn't been on in ages, and I've forgotten how to make a missile from some rubber bands , a pole, and a bottle of gasoline.

JTL
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by NickyC
All of those programs have been on TV here - and all of them on the ABC as far as I can recall. It's been years since Only Fools and Horses was last on though - doubt it caught on here in quite the same way as in the UK.

The Office was on only a few months after it was shown in the UK and Couples was on fairly recently (certainly within the last year). One Foot in the Grave was on when it was new and even repeated quite recently.

Maybe the Aussies you know don't watch the ABC...
I did not see the office on ABC, I know the USA version was on but not the UK one. I know ABC were showing the "Extras" though.

ABC is good for the BBC stuff and other general content to be honest. Oh well, still gonna have to get the DVD's