Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Trust No-body!!!!!!!

Trust No-body!!!!!!!

Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trust No-body!!!!!!!

Selling the business,seemed to be going great.Tickets booked for 19th Jan.Just got a call today saying he wants to reduce the price by £15,000 or else he is out.

We are doing our last so called day of work on Saturday and then we we going to start our farewells in Ireland and around.Completion was set for the 15th and the shippers were booked for early January.

I think he's trying a fast one as he knows our situation.I feel like telling him to shuff it up his ass and going and doing a validation,then returning to find someone else.
I'm just so pissed off!!!!!!!!

Sorry to winge!

Mick
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trust No-body!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mick-12
I feel like telling him to shuff it up his ass and going and doing a validation,then returning to find someone else.

Sorry to winge!

Mick

Mick, I'm with you. If he wants it, he wants it, if he doesn't, tell him to get stuffed. 15K is around $40000 AU dollars, so you're going to need that cash...

Do what you have to do, but don't leave with any regrets. That's my only advice.

Kick ass, Mick.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:37 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Chhheeeky *******!
He is sooo pulling a fast one. Tell him to shove it and do the reccy if you have to just out of principle. That is awful. Hope he realises what a tosser he is and pays the price he agreed.
Hope it all works out
J x
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Selling the business,seemed to be going great.Tickets booked for 19th Jan.Just got a call today saying he wants to reduce the price by £15,000 or else he is out.

We are doing our last so called day of work on Saturday and then we we going to start our farewells in Ireland and around.Completion was set for the 15th and the shippers were booked for early January.

I think he's trying a fast one as he knows our situation.I feel like telling him to shuff it up his ass and going and doing a validation,then returning to find someone else.

Sorry to winge!

Mick
Its a hassle but call his bluff. Tell him thats the price take it or leave it.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Its a hassle but call his bluff. Tell him thats the price take it or leave it.
Aww mate, I really feel for you? What a wa*?!er! A big bluff to call. Thinking of you!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to winge!

Mick
Add 15k to your asking price

WW
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Add 15k to your asking price

WW
oh Would love to but going to tell him to like it or lump it!!

ok, may well be covered with egg on my face but hey ho at least I wont be walking round with mug on my forehead.

I just hope all goes well as i cant face telling my 3 boys that on the 7th Jan their leaving party is just a party! and it could be another year before they leave for good.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Anyone up for a drink when we validate?

George (Micks wife)
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:09 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone up for a drink when we validate?

George (Micks wife)
Where are you of to ? And shouldn't you be in bed ?

Good luck with standing firm - we did this with the buyers of our house and it came good for us.

Gillian
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who has sold a few businesses could I suggest that you ask his reason why and then say that you'll get back to him within 24 hours. Then call him back the next day and say you'll meet him halfway and reduce by 7.5k providing he exchanges the contract now.

That way you get the security of knowing that he cant pull out without being liable for the lot and he thinks he's still got a bargain.

Maybe not ideal but perhaps a solution to the problem. Get the exchange of the contract for the business asap and that will stop anymore mucking around and takes 2 solicitors and a phone call.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:50 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
As someone who has sold a few businesses could I suggest that you ask his reason why and then say that you'll get back to him within 24 hours. Then call him back the next day and say you'll meet him halfway and reduce by 7.5k providing he exchanges the contract now.

That way you get the security of knowing that he cant pull out without being liable for the lot and he thinks he's still got a bargain.

Maybe not ideal but perhaps a solution to the problem. Get the exchange of the contract for the business asap and that will stop anymore mucking around and takes 2 solicitors and a phone call.
Excellent advice...

By the sounds of it, telling him to go forth and multiply might well cost the OP the £15k anyway to say nothing of screwing up their plans/life for several months at least... If he knows their future plans then perhaps it's not so surprising that he's squeezing a little... Be tough if they want but be prepared for him to walk...
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:20 am

MalvernMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to winge!

Mick
Mick

My advice would be:

Ignore this buyer until such time he is realistic and prepared to put up.
Continue to market the business
Set up a backup plan on the basis you cant sell before leaving ie get a manager to run the operation while you are in Oz (believe you are selling it as a going concern?)
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Sorry to winge!

Mick
Depends on how good at poker and acting you are.
Having weighed up the costs, losses and situation...you are in a position to gamble on a bluff.
Tell the guy he has caused you some problems..so much so that you have to say sorry no can do, to much money to lose.
Say that you will have to use the flights booked ..but its Ok cos it sorts your visa and allows an holiday.
During which you are trying to find another buyer and can return to Oz later.

If the business is a good proposition..its more than likely he will see sence. I would not try to re-negotiate the price..its a sign you are worried.

Our daughter had a similar thing happen with the house sale. The buyer dragged it out knowing the planned departure date. He came on asking for a price reduction because he had some problems ( he was buying to let!)
In the end we wrote to advise him that the move to Oz would go ahead and that I had been authorised and accepted by all parties to handle the sale.
I told him If he did not complete on time, the deal was off and the price would be increased by GBP3000 to represent the market increase since it was put up for sale. he did the bluff cycle agin and I advised the agents to put it back on the market...next day he backed down and it was down to solicitors to sort the fine details. The thing is... I would have done what I said, mind you I knew others offers had been made and would have come up to asking price eventually..but you need a bit of nerve.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

same happened to me mate just do wot i did told him i had it valued again and i want more money just like he offered less say ime going to do my validation trip call his bluff you seek the same business out here in oz its a lot more$
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:37 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!! I've just read this! Guys this is terrible! For the life of me I can't offer you any advice but let us know what you decide! I was just thinking that you'll be doing your last Christmas and be on your way in a few weeks. Nudge us if you need to chat. Kayt xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:50 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to winge!

Mick
Unfortunately in Business sometimes your first loss is your best loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.