Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Feb 4th 2017, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by Beoz
Its kind of funny, the US has always been a ball ache to gain access to. If its not the immigration queues, or the down right rude immigration staff, its the 50 questions and the finger prints. Oh and if you've had a DUI or been arrested for a scuffle outside a pub 20 years ago, please see your local consulate or embassy for a rejected visa.

You can't even enter numerous racist middle eastern countries if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport.

Its funny because its now hitting the headlines and the lefties are falling for the propaganda hook line and sinker.
It's always hit the headlines as far as I'm aware as I spend a lot of time in the US boards as well as most of the other boards on BE. The number of people who get sent to Secondary for no other reason than the CBP feel like doing it or an i wasn't dotted or a t crossed by mistake is just the way it is. Not sure what that's got to do with the current situation but I'm sure you'll tell me it's no different when I have a different opinion on the matter. I can't be arsed to argue the point. Neither of us will change our minds.

As for the leftie propaganda line, it's kind of odd and boring. You seem to think you're being funny/clever/rude by using terms like leftie/SJW etc but not really, you just sound as though you're a bit lacking. If people are left wing then calling them leftie will just make them happy. If they're not then you just don't make any sense to them. But who am I to spoil your fun because you obviously get entertainment out of it.

The only reason I posted the link was because, to my mind, it just proves how ill thought out this particular EO was. I have no issues with him doing what he said he'd do but I wanted to hope that whilst he came over as a complete narcissistic demagogue during the past few years, once in the position of President, he'd behave with a certain amount of rationality. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that he understands 'rational'. He's surrounded himself with a very strange group of people who have their own agenda and has as his spokespeople, those that struggle with facts and so makes what could be a sensible idea into a joke.

He deserves the negative treatment he's getting simply because of the way he's behaving. It's called living in a democracy. People are allowed to call bullshit when it occurs.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
If it's so difficult to get into the USA why is Trump making out there is a need to build a wall and ban travel from 7 countries in addition? Don't fall back to your gutless 'propaganda' and we only read this in left wing papers; argue your case rationally and with evidence. I suspect you won't/can't and will resort to Trump like inane inaccuracies and generalisations.

I posed the question whether the (white, Christian) Canadian who killed 6 Muslims would be banned from entering the US before he did this and got no reply from anyone.

I posed the question (in response to your claim that it is desirable to have a leader who has failed in another life leading the most powerful nation on earth) whether you extend this same logic to others? i.e. if a Shorten or Clinton made mistakes, announced policies and did character assassinations by Tweet in your eyes is that similarly desirable and refreshing?

Finally, you do people who can think for themselves a grave disservice by implying we can't think for ourselves and seem to be brainwashed - because you can't conceive that anyone could possibly think as far right as you.

Your other comment about whether I want to keep 'playing' shows that you think this is a game which is telling.
There are thousands upon thousands of people who continue to cross the border without documents and live in the United States without documents, that evidently accounts for a big percentage of the total of over 10 million people who are in the country illegally. Equally a big percentage simply over-stay the visas. The Wall proposed may not be the optimal solution, but it deals with a real situation.

On the other hand to legally enter the USA is a complicated, inefficient, often expensive process, can be very difficult and also often involves a very insulting handling of would be immigrants at their point of origin- I have seen how would be immigrants are handled in US consulates in a few countries, and have had some family dealings with immigration matters in the US. There are numerous threads on BE alone which show the challenges if the US immigration rules.

You raise a good question, would that fellow who committed that act in Canada have been precluded under current immigration rules ? Not knowing his background I couldn't judge. Is there a greater possibility of X percentage of Canadians committing terrorist acts compared to Y percentage from the 7 troubled countries, and at what point does that justify a ban, I actually think is a hard question to be 100% certain about.

for example

if 1 out of 1,000 Somalis support directly or indirectly terrorist attacks, but only 1 out of 500,000 Canadians,

if 20 out of 1,000 Somalis are sympathetic to the goals of terrorist groups, by only 500 out of 200,000 Canadians supportive of radical islam or radical right wing goals.

if police reports, court records, cooperation with intelligence agencies easy for Americans to get from Canada, but not from Somalia,

-----I am not saying those numbers correct, but at some point isn't a ban or more restrictions logical for those coming from Canada compared to Somalia . so as to err on the side of caution ?

I don't say I support the ban as it stands and how it was arrived at, and how it was announced and implemented. And I suspect informally people from those countries already face some hurdles in getting visas. But certainly to err on the side of caution not a bad thing.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

If it's so difficult to get into the USA why is Trump making out there is a need to build a wall and ban travel from 7 countries in addition? Don't fall back to your gutless 'propaganda' and we only read this in left wing papers; argue your case rationally and with evidence. I suspect you won't/can't and will resort to Trump like inane inaccuracies and generalisations.
Pretty simple sport. He wants to grow within. That's what his policies said. That's what the people voted for. Before you start arguing with me about the merits of that, forget it. You'll be arguing with yourself again.

I posed the question whether the (white, Christian) Canadian who killed 6 Muslims would be banned from entering the US before he did this and got no reply from anyone.
Its a pretty silly question to ask. I have no access to the database that stores information on people who might enter the US. Do you?

Terrible crime none the less. He's got no chance of entering now.

I posed the question (in response to your claim that it is desirable to have a leader who has failed in another life leading the most powerful nation on earth) whether you extend this same logic to others? i.e. if a Shorten or Clinton made mistakes, announced policies and did character assassinations by Tweet in your eyes is that similarly desirable and refreshing?
Shorten already does character assassinations on a daily basis. What bothers me about Shorten is his character assassinations are based on envy and resent. Its a terrible trait to have and its even more terrible he's playing on the Australian public with those hideous feelings.

Finally, you do people who can think for themselves a grave disservice by implying we can't think for ourselves and seem to be brainwashed - because you can't conceive that anyone could possibly think as far right as you.
Brainwashed ..... interesting thought.

Your other comment about whether I want to keep 'playing' shows that you think this is a game which is telling.
Good to see you gave up on the antagonised PM. They've been brainwashing you.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's always hit the headlines as far as I'm aware as I spend a lot of time in the US boards as well as most of the other boards on BE. The number of people who get sent to Secondary for no other reason than the CBP feel like doing it or an i wasn't dotted or a t crossed by mistake is just the way it is. Not sure what that's got to do with the current situation but I'm sure you'll tell me it's no different when I have a different opinion on the matter. I can't be arsed to argue the point. Neither of us will change our minds.

As for the leftie propaganda line, it's kind of odd and boring. You seem to think you're being funny/clever/rude by using terms like leftie/SJW etc but not really, you just sound as though you're a bit lacking. If people are left wing then calling them leftie will just make them happy. If they're not then you just don't make any sense to them. But who am I to spoil your fun because you obviously get entertainment out of it.

The only reason I posted the link was because, to my mind, it just proves how ill thought out this particular EO was. I have no issues with him doing what he said he'd do but I wanted to hope that whilst he came over as a complete narcissistic demagogue during the past few years, once in the position of President, he'd behave with a certain amount of rationality. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that he understands 'rational'. He's surrounded himself with a very strange group of people who have their own agenda and has as his spokespeople, those that struggle with facts and so makes what could be a sensible idea into a joke.

He deserves the negative treatment he's getting simply because of the way he's behaving. It's called living in a democracy. People are allowed to call bullshit when it occurs.
I think he wants to honour those policies he won with. I actually don't think he cares for the policies that much. He'll make up whatever policies win him the majority of votes.

If the line was true when he was having the conversation with Mal "this will politically kill me" then this is telling.

He doesn't care if the US take 1200 refugees. He cares for the headlines.

BTW. Yep. The US boards will tell you the issues getting past immigration. The Norway ex PM is having a moan about 1 hour ...... really? Join the club.

Last edited by Beoz; Feb 4th 2017 at 10:31 am.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I think he wants to honour those policies he won with. I actually don't think he cares for the policies that much. He'll make up whatever policies win him the majority of votes.

If the line was true when he was having the conversation with Mal "this will politically kill me" then this is telling.

He doesn't care if the US take 1200 refugees. He cares for the headlines.

BTW. Yep. The US boards will tell you the issues getting past immigration. The Norway ex PM is having a moan about 1 hour ...... really? Join the club.
Any politician cares about the headlines both for personal reasons, but also to effectively garner support to govern. Part of the weakness of a democracy.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty simple sport. He wants to grow within. That's what his policies said. That's what the people voted for. Before you start arguing with me about the merits of that, forget it. You'll be arguing with yourself again.

Its a pretty silly question to ask. I have no access to the database that stores information on people who might enter the US. Do you?

Terrible crime none the less. He's got no chance of entering now.

Shorten already does character assassinations on a daily basis. What bothers me about Shorten is his character assassinations are based on envy and resent. Its a terrible trait to have and its even more terrible he's playing on the Australian public with those hideous feelings.

Brainwashed ..... interesting thought.

Good to see you gave up on the antagonised PM. They've been brainwashing you.
I didn't 'give up' on the antagonised - you honestly believe the 'great deal maker' can threaten to go back on a deal, say that his phone call to Turnbull was the most difficult of the 4 that day, tell Turnbull either directly or by tweet that he's sending the next Boston bomber and he's not trying to antagonise? Get real. Trump has set out to annoy as many world leaders as he can for domestic consumption. Turnbull will be too diplomatic to say what he really thinks of Trump.

So Trump can say what he wants, fail as much as he likes etc which is refreshing, desirable and transparent but you criticise Shorten!

You don't say the Canadian is banned now! He wasn't before because he isn't subject to the same scrutiny as a Muslim from certain countries. Not equal treatment whatever the odds of a wasp are c.f. a radicalised muslim.

The convenient point forgotten is that thousands of Americans are killed every week by people within who are allowed to bear arms. If they really were trying to do something about that they'd get serious on gun controls and re-consider the 2nd amendment. The world and USA have moved on a bit since 1791. However his supporters, particularly the right wing racists are the gun lobby so no chance of that I know.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

If he wins he'll divorce himself from his business interests via a trust. (it's in the NY Times - propaganda, left wing, therefore not true? ):

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/u...-business.html

The trust records show that 'the elder Trump can revoke the authority of the trustees (his eldest son and his CFO) at any time'.

So he's not involved in the day to day running (obviously, he's got a new full time job now) but he will still draw a profit or loss and he still has control of his businesses.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

This being a specifically anti-Trump forum (as per the title), most of the contributors won't welcome anything off-topic, but the article at the link below illustrates (up to a point) how far the Trump Revolution extends. He ran as the candidate for President of the USA, not for Emperor of the World; still, a US President does have to be involved in the outside world. His interaction with the EU will be fun to watch.
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/376314-tr...ssels-malloch/
Old Feb 4th 2017, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't 'give up' on the antagonised - you honestly believe the 'great deal maker' can threaten to go back on a deal, say that his phone call to Turnbull was the most difficult of the 4 that day, tell Turnbull either directly or by tweet that he's sending the next Boston bomber and he's not trying to antagonise? Get real. Trump has set out to annoy as many world leaders as he can for domestic consumption. Turnbull will be too diplomatic to say what he really thinks of Trump.

So Trump can say what he wants, fail as much as he likes etc which is refreshing, desirable and transparent but you criticise Shorten!

You don't say the Canadian is banned now! He wasn't before because he isn't subject to the same scrutiny as a Muslim from certain countries. Not equal treatment whatever the odds of a wasp are c.f. a radicalised muslim.

The convenient point forgotten is that thousands of Americans are killed every week by people within who are allowed to bear arms. If they really were trying to do something about that they'd get serious on gun controls and re-consider the 2nd amendment. The world and USA have moved on a bit since 1791. However his supporters, particularly the right wing racists are the gun lobby so no chance of that I know.
Just between you and me, I think you are losing it. Internal policies on guns has little bearing on immigration policies. The boston bombers used pots.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 9:05 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Just between you and me, I think you are losing it.
Just between you and me, I think you're a troll.

Internal policies on guns has little bearing on immigration policies.
If you "want to keep people safe" then you are much better off controlling guns than you are going against the US constitution on immigration. You could easily save a 9/11 every year if you clamped down on guns. Hell, if you really want a difference then there's road deaths and medical incompetence to deal with.

See, if you think big picture you can make real progress.

Anyway, back in cockupland, it looks like the State dept and the DoJ have given up on trump's EO - whilst the orange one sits and fumes on twitter :

Originally Posted by Fuhrer Trump
What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?
Old Feb 4th 2017, 9:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Anyway, back in cockupland, it looks like the State dept and the DoJ have given up on trump's EO - whilst the orange one sits and fumes on twitter :
He wants everyone to take him seriously so Tweets: The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!

So called? He has no clue on the Constitution or Federal Law but then how many six year old son do?
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Just between you and me, I think you're a troll.

If you "want to keep people safe" then you are much better off controlling guns than you are going against the US constitution on immigration. You could easily save a 9/11 every year if you clamped down on guns. Hell, if you really want a difference then there's road deaths and medical incompetence to deal with.

See, if you think big picture you can make real progress.

You name call then tell me something we don't already know ....... you guys on the left are giving yourselves terrible reputations.

Here's a thought. (and before you get all excited I don't support guns)

If you want to kill someone or multiple people there's plenty of ways to go about it. But the real question is why would someone want to. It might be a jealous lover, it might be gang related killing, it might be the nut case shooting up the cinema, it might be the killing of innocents for your own religious purposes.

So sure, making guns illegal is going to help. No doubt.

But what about the nutcases. Whether it be shooting up the cinema or flying a couple of jets into towers. What's the reason behind a few of those types of scenarios.

Well here's the thing. It's far easier for Americans to swallow the high school nut bag shooting up the cinema because he's ..... well just nuts ..... than it is to swallow a bunch of foreigners running some jets into your two iconic towers because you believe in things like womens rights, mutli culturalism, drinking, wearing a bikini, supporting Jews, and the list goes on.

Then when the religious nutbag shoots up a nightclub, sets off a couple of pot bombs because you are gay, wearing a bikini, supporting Jews, drinking booze, etc etc, it becomes pretty clear that there are some fantasies, supported by some states and a religion that's not quite right in the world. And it keeps happening.

It's pretty easy to see how Donald Trump has picked up a winning policy and succeeded with it.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

It's pretty easy to see how Donald Trump has picked up a winning policy and succeeded with it.
what winning policy has he succeeded with? Oh I get the winning policy bit, I am just lost on the succeeded bit.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
what winning policy has he succeeded with? Oh I get the winning policy bit, I am just lost on the succeeded bit.
Policies

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies

Success

Before you start arguing whether you like his policies or not, its not the point. He was voted in as President ...... that is success.

Last edited by Beoz; Feb 5th 2017 at 2:04 am.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 2:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You name call then tell me something we don't already know ....... you guys on the left are giving yourselves terrible reputations.
That's how he rolls dude - disagree with his ridiculous standpoints and you're a troll

Bizarre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.