Truck Terror

Old Jul 15th 2016, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Truck Terror

Poor Nice. When will it stop.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 3:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck Terror

Originally Posted by Beoz
Poor Nice. When will it stop.
In general, these types of things tend to run for a number of generations.

For example the PIRA ran from ~1970 to ~1997, 30 years, with various flare up and resurgences since.

Islamic fuelled terrorism started prior to 9/11, but given the international, competitive nature of it, it can be expected to survive past 2030. That's particularly true because of the religiously inspired 'caliphate' idea, that gives every proto-dictator an excuse to go on the rampage.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
In general, these types of things tend to run for a number of generations.

For example the PIRA ran from ~1970 to ~1997, 30 years, with various flare up and resurgences since.

Islamic fuelled terrorism started prior to 9/11, but given the international, competitive nature of it, it can be expected to survive past 2030. That's particularly true because of the religiously inspired 'caliphate' idea, that gives every proto-dictator an excuse to go on the rampage.
A very scientific answer to the question.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 4:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Not so nice in Nice

Very sad but this is the rod that France has made for its own back - thankfully they are now waking up from the sleepwalk they've been on for decades

Time for the French to get some payola

Scary days
Old Jul 15th 2016, 6:20 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

A very scientific answer to the question.
Why thank you.

Thing is, people think there are quick fixes, single policies that will magically stop it tomorrow. Doesn't work like that. It's an idea that you have to counter, and unfortunately it takes generations for those to die.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 1:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

And so it continues:
German train axe attack: 17-year-old Afghan refugee shot dead after injuring four

The German government has let down its people - again
Old Jul 19th 2016, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And so it continues:
German train axe attack: 17-year-old Afghan refugee shot dead after injuring four

The German government has let down its people - again
I saw the French president get a massive booing from the people of Nice at the memorial.

The real questions need to be asked.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 3:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

I saw the French president get a massive booing from the people of Nice at the memorial.

The real questions need to be asked.
The very first responsibility of any government is to protect and defend their people - something that the French and German governments are failing to do
Old Jul 19th 2016, 5:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was an article in Charlie Hedbo about how the English were racist and had a small Island mentality, and were essentially unwelcome in Europe. I can't help thinking that maybe, taking the current body count into consideration that it's tolerance and acceptance that's playing into IS's hands, not intolerance and racism. These people go for the easy targets simple as.

Simple answer is throw all the hate preachers out, kicking and punching them the whole way, and have a zero tolerance towards anyone who sympathises with the IS cause, it'd be saving the lives of peaceful Muslims too.

Also, I don't have any figures, but I'm pretty sure that no politicians have been killed in these attacks, perhaps their policies would change if they start getting murdered with the rest of society.

One more thing, I see Bono was in France for this attack too, perhaps IS just hate Bono, which is something we have in common, and perhaps the first step towards peace.

I'm going to stop watching the news, and one day, when there's a real cool, mushroomy looking sunset. I'll know it's all over. The world is turning to shit.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
There was an article in Charlie Hedbo about how the English were racist and had a small Island mentality, and were essentially unwelcome in Europe. I can't help thinking that maybe, taking the current body count into consideration that it's tolerance and acceptance that's playing into IS's hands, not intolerance and racism. These people go for the easy targets simple as.

Simple answer is throw all the hate preachers out, kicking and punching them the whole way, and have a zero tolerance towards anyone who sympathises with the IS cause, it'd be saving the lives of peaceful Muslims too.

Also, I don't have any figures, but I'm pretty sure that no politicians have been killed in these attacks, perhaps their policies would change if they start getting murdered with the rest of society.

One more thing, I see Bono was in France for this attack too, perhaps IS just hate Bono, which is something we have in common, and perhaps the first step towards peace.

I'm going to stop watching the news, and one day, when there's a real cool, mushroomy looking sunset. I'll know it's all over. The world is turning to shit.
I don't think much of Charlie Hebdo's much lauded freedom of speech/satire. It often just looks like commercial shit-stirring, and hang the expense.

It's hard not to despair when we're confronted with such horror so often. The fact that the overwhelming majority of people on the planet just want to live an ordinary peaceful life somehow gets lost.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by stevenglish1

Indeed. All this shit that is happening in Europe is showing the stark failure of multiculturalism in the west. The only way forward is for immigrants to integrate and assimilate. Their culture, religion etc are cool but they have to accept that the host culture dominates and needs to respected and embraced. Failure to do so must lead to expulsion - fit in or f**k off in other words. The days of pussyfooting around this issue are over. If large of parts of the muslim populations of the west feel that it is evil, decadent, against then etc, then they should be made to move to muslim countries that are more accommodating of their viewpoints.

Western governments today are going to have to confront the problems with islam within our societies because if they don't, less tolerant governments will be elected in the very near future that will. The west has gotten to where it is today via centuries of blood, sweat, tears, ingenuity and just bloody hard work and I don't want to see this torn down because we are too scared to confront some muslim assholes
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I don't think much of Charlie Hebdo's much lauded freedom of speech/satire. It often just looks like commercial shit-stirring, and hang the expense.
I hear what you are saying and Charlie Hebdo certainly fits that your description to a degree but in a true democracy, journalists (anyone really) should be allowed to say what they like (apart from a few obvious exceptions), without fear of being murdered

Very little should be taboo
Old Jul 19th 2016, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The western world is talking.

You had the booing of the French president today, you have the Trump success, you have the Brexit vote, hell you even have Pauline Hanson and Jacqui Lambie who wants an equiry into islam. Pauline got 4% of the vote 1 senate vote Australia wide.

You can write this off as old white people without passports voting with their narrow minds but the point is, no one likes the massacre of innocent people for reasons they cannot help or stop themselves.

Shits happening, shits rising, and it all points back to 2 things in commom. Immigration and Islam.

Just saying.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 9:07 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

The western world is talking.

You had the booing of the French president today, you have the Trump success, you have the Brexit vote, hell you even have Pauline Hanson and Jacqui Lambie who wants an equiry into islam. Pauline got 4% of the vote 1 senate vote Australia wide.

You can write this off as old white people without passports voting with their narrow minds but the point is, no one likes the massacre of innocent people for reasons they cannot help or stop themselves.

Shits happening, shits rising, and it all points back to 2 things in commom. Immigration and Islam.

Just saying.
Err, nope.

What you are seeing it a reaction to the corruption and general uselessness of the usual political suspects. People don't think they either have a clue, or are there to actually represent them.

So they vote for the joke candidate.

Why do you think Derryn Hinch is there?

That's at the root of this - "anyone but the above"
Old Jul 19th 2016, 9:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I hear what you are saying and Charlie Hebdo certainly fits that your description to a degree but in a true democracy, journalists (anyone really) should be allowed to say what they like (apart from a few obvious exceptions), without fear of being murdered

Very little should be taboo
I couldn't agree more that there's no excuse, or defence, for murdering people over a perceived slight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.