Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Travel Sickness Pills?

Travel Sickness Pills?

Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice
Default Travel Sickness Pills?

Does anyone know of any good travel sickness pills that also make you a bit drowsy? We are sitting at the back of the plane, so might be in for a bumpy ride Also want to have a nice sleep, so a tablet that will do both will be just the job

Carol x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Sickness Pills?

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Does anyone know of any good travel sickness pills that also make you a bit drowsy? We are sitting at the back of the plane, so might be in for a bumpy ride Also want to have a nice sleep, so a tablet that will do both will be just the job

Carol x
Go ask at the chemist. I only know of the normal kwells type thing, they can suggest the dopiest
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

I've used Kwells in the past also, and they certainly make me feel drowsy!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancfamily
I've used Kwells in the past also, and they certainly make me feel drowsy!
They don't me. Mind you, they don't stop me wanting to heave either
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

My boys (10 & 8) were really ill on the flight to Oz. So on the Flight back home they took 'Kwells' and whether it was mind over matter or the fact that they worked i'm not sure.....all I know was that they weren't sick and felt much better

Hope it goes well x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Carol x
Just interested to know why the back of the plane may be a bumpy ride as opposed to the rest Haven't flew for a couple o months but the last i remember all the plane took off the ground ! One thing good about being at the back of a plane is it's a well known fact planes don't reverse into mountains
Good luck and enjoy the flight See you soon hopefully
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Just interested to know why the back of the plane may be a bumpy ride as opposed to the rest Haven't flew for a couple o months but the last i remember all the plane took off the ground ! One thing good about being at the back of a plane is it's a well known fact planes don't reverse into mountains
Good luck and enjoy the flight See you soon hopefully
Was at the back last time Bobby and it was bumpy in parts and I felt quite sick! But that could have had something to do with the quantity of alcohol I consumed Chose the back again so if we hit a mountain, we should be ok
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Was at the back last time Bobby and it was bumpy in parts and I felt quite sick! But that could have had something to do with the quantity of alcohol I consumed Chose the back again so if we hit a mountain, we should be ok
I suggest you don't read Kathy Reichs' Fatal Voyage before you go then
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

All i can suggest Carol is don't be tempted by the free drink !It's not big and it's not clever !
Attached Thumbnails Travel Sickness Pills?-p3150037.jpg  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They don't me. Mind you, they don't stop me wanting to heave either
lol

I feel sick more because I'm a very nervous flyer, not through motion sickness or anything. I took valium when I was last on a plane and think I'll be doing the same the next time....although not flown to Oz yet so god only knows how I'll be!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
All i can suggest Carol is don't be tempted by the free drink !It's not big and it's not clever !
No..... but it's NICE!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I use Avomine because it is longer acting than the others - it says it makes you drowsy on the box but I am always asleep anyway so it makes no difference to me.

The best things I ever had were Scop patches but dont seem to be able to buy them anywhere now.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Don't make you drowsy, but Root Ginger tablets are good for travel sickness. You can get them in Holland & Barratt....

Anita finds that Stugeron (or anything with Cinnarizine) makes her sleepy...kept her quiet all the way from Sydney in September
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

No..... but it's NICE!!!!
Drink works for me but I took Traveleze for kids when I went to Oz and they were great. Kids and adults can have them.... wine gum type thing you chew

Good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:45 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
Drink works for me but I took Traveleze for kids when I went to Oz and they were great. Kids and adults can have them.... wine gum type thing you chew

Good luck
my OH takes sea legs and it makes him sleepy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.