Toyota Kluger in Oz

Old Dec 25th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Toyota Kluger in Oz

Have anyone used them in Oz? How is the ride, handling, comfort, space, interior quality, reliability? Would you recommend them for a couple with a 3yo son, mostly for city driving?
Old Dec 25th 2009, 10:01 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toyota Kluger in Oz

Originally Posted by caliburn
Have anyone used them in Oz? How is the ride, handling, comfort, space, interior quality, reliability? Would you recommend them for a couple with a 3yo son, mostly for city driving?
Have a read of this recent thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645026
Old Dec 25th 2009, 1:08 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

am another very happy kluger owner, I'd say you cant go wrong with it to be honest
Old Dec 25th 2009, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

They are massive, so good for transporting stuff. Versatile, but awkward to find a parking slot if you are city driving. If lots of urban driving get auto, if off roading get manual.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I love mine. Bought it two weeks after we arrived in the country. Very reliable motor, nippy when you nead it, good off the tarmac too. I use mine to commute into Sydney and have no problems parking and enjoy bullying the tiddly cars.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

We liked the Kluger but as a 7 seater the rear seats are not so good unless your kids are tiny. So we went for the Pathfinder.

Gems
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:46 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
Just as a matter of interest, what do you drive in the uk ??? and why do you feel the need to drive such a huge car if your gonna use it mainly for city driving???
Old Dec 26th 2009, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

What an uggerLEE SUV.

Ok it's quite nice.

Last edited by Alfresco; Dec 26th 2009 at 1:59 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
I love mine. Bought it two weeks after we arrived in the country. Very reliable motor, nippy when you nead it, good off the tarmac too. I use mine to commute into Sydney and have no problems parking and enjoy bullying the tiddly cars.
"enjoy bullying the tiddly cars" ??!!!.... thats enough Hutch.... I'll get a Kluger.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Don't drive with the plankton.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Just as a matter of interest, what do you drive in the uk ??? and why do you feel the need to drive such a huge car if your gonna use it mainly for city driving???
I drive a Lexus IS300, though not in the UK, as I work in the Middle East. Its a smallish sporty vehicle, quite fun to drive. Left hand steering, so can't take it to Sydney. I never owned a SUV or larger elevated vehicle so it would be nice to have one. Also, my 3yo hyeractive son is growing fast and another one is work-in-progress, requires more space. More reason? Well, we want to have more active weekends (whole point of moving to Australia really) and need a vehicle that will hold some sports gear, bikes etc.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:50 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gems
We liked the Kluger but as a 7 seater the rear seats are not so good unless your kids are tiny. So we went for the Pathfinder.

Gems

I lurrrve my Pathfinder! Best ve-hicle I've ever owned.

To the OP - it does exactly the jobs you mention. It contains my 3yo clambering over seats, etc; there's plenty of room to fit in another carseat for my WIP and still be able to fit in grandparents on their visits; we've had 2 bikes and 3 scooters in the back together with picnic gear and travel cot etc.

It's just fab. One tip - do get the side-steps. OH has the Navara without them, and I do find it an effort to get in (I'm 5'3")

And do shop around and negotiate - it took us a while to get used to it, but in Aus you are supposed to haggle on big ticket items (vehicles, white goods, furniture, etc)
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:07 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 22B
I lurrrve my Pathfinder! Best ve-hicle I've ever owned.

To the OP - it does exactly the jobs you mention. It contains my 3yo clambering over seats, etc; there's plenty of room to fit in another carseat for my WIP and still be able to fit in grandparents on their visits; we've had 2 bikes and 3 scooters in the back together with picnic gear and travel cot etc.

It's just fab. One tip - do get the side-steps. OH has the Navara without them, and I do find it an effort to get in (I'm 5'3")

And do shop around and negotiate - it took us a while to get used to it, but in Aus you are supposed to haggle on big ticket items (vehicles, white goods, furniture, etc)

Would you be driving a pathfinder, if you still lived in uk ??
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
****@@@@ I hate bullies. Leave us small people alone please.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
They are massive, so good for transporting stuff. Versatile, but awkward to find a parking slot if you are city driving. If lots of urban driving get auto, if off roading get manual.
I'd get the auto for offroading too. Auto's are meant to be better in most off road situations (especially beach driving) except going downhill - and many have descent control to fill in this blind spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.