Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Toploader Washing Machines.....

Toploader Washing Machines.....

Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toploader Washing Machines.....

I'm renting a place with a toploader Fisher & paykal washing machine and it's driving me mad leaving fuzzy bits all over my clothers everytime I wash :curse: I think the filter is probably blocked but I've looked everywhere and can't find one Can anyone point me in the right direction before I throw it out the window
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:53 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toploader Washing Machines.....

Originally Posted by Oz-bound
I'm renting a place with a toploader Fisher & paykal washing machine and it's driving me mad leaving fuzzy bits all over my clothers everytime I wash :curse: I think the filter is probably blocked but I've looked everywhere and can't find one Can anyone point me in the right direction before I throw it out the window
If I remember rightly, it is under the bottom of the machine - one of those silly spring clip jobs which you push together to release.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:31 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it in the part that sticks up in the middle of the drum? You need to pull it out I think. That is where all of mine have been unless there is another filter.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alicecat
Isn't it in the part that sticks up in the middle of the drum? You need to pull it out I think. That is where all of mine have been unless there is another filter.
Thanks, I'll have another look, that would certainly be preferable to being underneath, that would be very entertaining to find on my lonesome (must have been designed by a man )
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I'll have another look, that would certainly be preferable to being underneath, that would be very entertaining to find on my lonesome (must have been designed by a man )
Now, have you definitely taken all the tissues out of the trouser pockets before you put them in to wash ?

Honestly, I have to explain the basics to women....

JTL
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Now, have you definitely taken all the tissues out of the trouser pockets before you put them in to wash ?

Honestly, I have to explain the basics to women....

JTL
Touche! Point taken! Now if I do find that the filter is underneath you will have to come and lift, me being a hopeless female and all that
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really niceDtox is just really nice

Toploader Washing Machines..... are one of the reasons Aussies are for ever present wearing crumpled up 'daggy' clothes.

Let it be..
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Touche! Point taken! Now if I do find that the filter is underneath you will have to come and lift, me being a hopeless female and all that
Well, I'm not an experts on washing machines, but if they have put the filter UNDERNEATH the washing machine, it wasn't designed by a man, it was designed by a f**ing idiot (of unspecific gender).

It must be in the drum like a previous poster said.

And I still blame the fluff and gunk on those tissues you forgot to take out of the trouser pockets.

JTL
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not an experts on washing machines, but if they have put the filter UNDERNEATH the washing machine, it wasn't designed by a man, it was designed by a f**ing idiot (of unspecific gender).

And I still blame the fluff and gunk on those tissues you forgot to take out of the trouser pockets.

JTL
Top loaders in general were designed by a man, no woman could be that stupid
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

JTL
:curse: looked and it's not in the drum........hmm, weight lifting or fuzzy clothes, now it's not a hard choice is it
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Top loaders in general were designed by a man, no woman could be that stupid

Hey!! Women spent 2000 years scrubbing their clothes on the banks of a river. At no point did one of them think "Hang on, this electiricity thing we keep hearing about could be used to power a drum full of water to wash clothes"!!

Yes, it was probaly a man who designed a washing machine with the filter underneath but I bet it was his wifes idea . She nagged him into doing it. "Why put the filter on the side?" she would say, "just put in underneath, we'll never need it"

"Yes dear"

JTL
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

:curse: looked and it's not in the drum........hmm, weight lifting or fuzzy clothes, now it's not a hard choice is it

I dont think they have one, I'm sure Our Whirlpool doesn't. The fluff is supposed to be rinsed out with the water. Only real problem I have with that is when one of kids leave something obnoxious in the pockets and we fail to spot it.

Signed

Speckley of Coburg.

;
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:55 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

the one in mine is attached to the upper side of the drum it also has another one underneath where only an octopus could get it!

Those fisher paykal ads for top loaders and dishwashers really do my head in! who puts their plates in a bottom drawer! and who takes washing out of a front loader one bit at a time:curse:
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
the one in mine is attached to the upper side of the drum it also has another one underneath where only an octopus could get it!

Those fisher paykal ads for top loaders and dishwashers really do my head in! who puts their plates in a bottom drawer! and who takes washing out of a front loader one bit at a time:curse:

so it isn't just me that gets annoyed then.

I hate it when she puts the wash basket on the top of the front loader and says 'you think they would have found an easier way...' THEY have - put the flipping basket on the floor beneath the front loader door and open - pull out into basket - hey F****ing presto:curse:
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:02 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
so it isn't just me that gets annoyed then.

I hate it when she puts the wash basket on the top of the front loader and says 'you think they would have found an easier way...' THEY have - put the flipping basket on the floor beneath the front loader door and open - pull out into basket - hey F****ing presto:curse:
ah a fellow sufferer! my point exactly!

why do they show women as brain dead in these ads?

I have been banned from shouting at them any more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.