Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Top kids show when you were a kid

Top kids show when you were a kid

Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top kids show when you were a kid

Oh my god, I agree with the list!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7304256.stm

1. Grange Hill
2. The Muppet Show
3. Tom and Jerry
4. Bagpuss
5. The Magic Roundabout
6. Dangermouse
7. Scooby Doo
8.Inspector Gadget
9.The Flintstones
10.Wacky Races
Can't really complain about it, it pretty much sums up my TV viewing habits in the 1970s/80s.

JTL
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top kids show when you were a kid

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh my god, I agree with the list!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7304256.stm

Can't really complain about it, it pretty much sums up my TV viewing habits in the 1970s/80s.

JTL
Where's Rainbow? Oh and Crackerjack, Saturday Swap Shop, Tiswas
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:02 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

These are the ones I remember:

Sesame Street
Mr. Dressup
Romper Room (a friend of mine in high school was actually on an episode)
Fraggle Rock
Care Bears
The Raccoons
Inspector Gadget
Scooby Doo
Flintstones

For the older kids:
Degrassi Junior High
Saved by the Bell

These are the ones I remember. I'm sure a few of them are uniquely Canadian though.

Last edited by comet555; Mar 19th 2008 at 1:04 pm. Reason: added a couple more
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Where's Rainbow? Oh and Crackerjack, Saturday Swap Shop, Tiswas
Oh whats the one with Harley(?) the rabbit?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by comet555
These are the ones I remember:

Romper Room (a friend of mine in high school was actually on an episode)

I was was on 5 of them. They filmed them all in one day. My mum had to bring 5 changes of clothes for me.

The day before, I decided to cut my own hair.

My mum went mental when she saw me, but there was nothing she could do to fix it. So I appeared on 5 episodes of romper room with hair that looked like it was cut by a psycho (me!).
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:14 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I was was on 5 of them. They filmed them all in one day. My mum had to bring 5 changes of clothes for me.

The day before, I decided to cut my own hair.

My mum went mental when she saw me, but there was nothing she could do to fix it. So I appeared on 5 episodes of romper room with hair that looked like it was cut by a psycho (me!).
Cool Do you still have it on tape?

My friend had a copy and I remember being in high school and watching it one evening after we had had a few drinks

I remember cutting my own hair once, but I only did a little bit before I realized I was going to be in huge trouble and I'd better stop!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:16 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

trap door
dangermouse
bat fink
pink panther (before he could talk)
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Play away, Metal Mickey, Rent-a-ghost, worzal gummidge, captain caaaaaaaaaave maaaaaaaaan oh and the wonderful Flumps
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:51 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We're having this discussion on my local forum. Where are The Clangers?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:11 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Pipkins, Rupert the bear (not the cartoon) and barbapapa
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Racht70
Pipkins, Rupert the bear (not the cartoon) and barbapapa
It has to be one of the classic "being an Expat" moments....you are sitting in the office, and someone says "Hey its Friday and its 5 o'clock....."
Several times I've said ".......and its Crackerjack!!!!!!

They don't know what they missed, as they all sit there looking bemused and wondering WTF I'm on about this time!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Thundercats. Wasnt really into Transformers as I thought they were a bit sad but I wanted to own one. The A-Team, MacGyver, The Fall Guy, The Cosby show

Amazingly, we got all of those on our bog channels in Ireland. We didnt get BBC for years.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:40 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

tiswas
magpie
crackerjack
hectors house
crystal tipps and alastair
mr benn
the hair bear bunch
the banana splitz
tales of the riverbank
the clangers
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:41 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Thundercats. Wasnt really into Transformers as I thought they were a bit sad but I wanted to own one. The A-Team, MacGyver, The Fall Guy, The Cosby show

Amazingly, we got all of those on our bog channels in Ireland. We didnt get BBC for years.
thundercats!!!

i forgot all about them.

he-man (dad did a great impression of skelator)

my brother loved Knightmare
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

city of gold ( did they ever get there?) dungeons and dragons oooo and magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.