Today's the Day!

Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of
Talking Today's the Day!

Well im sat here eating my brekkie in among all the boxes and mess in a very strange feeling house ready for the shippers to turn up at 9am to pack up all our gear to go into the container.

What a rollercoaster six months we have had, from me asking my boss if I could have a transfer and never really expecting him to go for it, to the long drawn out visa process which drove us to despair most mornings when it hadn't been granted, to the stress and hassle of getting rid of most of our belongings as well as our well-loved cats and the final drama of changing shippers right at the last minute on Wednesday after hearing Pickfords were in trouble financially we are now at the final UK hurdle.

My Parents are coming up from down South later today and we will spend the majority of the last couple of days we have here with family and friends so im expecting quite an emotionally charged 48 hours ahead with lots of tears and mixed emotions.

We fly from Manchester to Singapore on Sunday morning then have a bit of a wait in Changi before heading off to Perth to arrive at about 3pm on Monday - its very surreal to think that next week we will be in Perth and finally we can start the real adventure in our new home!

I have asked myself quite a lot since we had the visas approved why are we putting ourselves through this and the answers are quite simple: To work hard and to build a new life for me and my wife, to greatly improve our quality of life compared to what we have here and to build a better future for the family that myself and my wife will be looking to start in the next couple of years - a future which they could never have got in the UK.

So we are leaving the UK with a lot of hope and optimism about our new home, we are under no illusions that we will be tested as a couple over the next year or so and things will be by no means sweetness and light all the way but we have thought about this move more than we have ever thought about anything and no matter what doubts we have had we have never been so sure about anything in our lives. We are ready for a new challenge, we are ready to learn about this new fascinating culture in Australia and most of all we are ready to integrate ourselves into the Australian way of life.

Good luck to everyone who is going through the process now, we have all been there and lived the frustration but once you get the approval you will be surprised how fast time goes until you are sat where we are now thinking "where have the last few weeks gone" and looking forward to your new future.

We will stay on the forum while we are in Perth and are looking forward to meeting many of the people we have been speaking to on here face-to-face once we are settled in and im looking forward now to looking back at this post in 6 months time and updating everyone on how we are getting on with the next huge chapter in our lives

Ian & Georgina x

Last edited by ianhutch1; Feb 14th 2008 at 6:15 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

ameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really nice
Default Re: Today's the Day!

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Well im sat here eating my brekkie in among all the boxes and mess in a very strange feeling house ready for the shippers to turn up at 9am to pack up all our gear to go into the container.

What a rollercoaster six months we have had, from me asking my boss if I could have a transfer and never really expecting him to go for it, to the long drawn out visa process which drove us to despair most mornings when it hadn't been granted, to the stress and hassle of getting rid of most of our belongings as well as our well-loved cats and the final drama of changing shippers right at the last minute on Wednesday after hearing Pickfords were in trouble financially we are now at the final UK hurdle.

My Parents are coming up from down South later today and we will spend the majority of the last couple of days we have here with family and friends so im expecting quite an emotionally charged 48 hours ahead with lots of tears and mixed emotions.

We fly from Manchester to Singapore on Sunday morning then have a bit of a wait in Changi before heading off to Perth to arrive at about 3pm on Monday - its very surreal to think that next week we will be in Perth and finally we can start the real adventure in our new home!

I have asked myself quite a lot since we had the visas approved why are we putting ourselves through this and the answers are quite simple: To work hard and to build a new life for me and my wife, to greatly improve our quality of life compared to what we have here and to build a better future for the family that myself and my wife will be looking to start in the next couple of years - a future which they could never have got in the UK.

So we are leaving the UK with a lot of hope and optimism about our new home, we are under no illusions that we will be tested as a couple over the next year or so and things will be by no means sweetness and light all the way but we have thought about this move more than we have ever thought about anything and no matter what doubts we have had we have never been so sure about anything in our lives. We are ready for a new challenge, we are ready to learn about this new fascinating culture in Australia and most of all we are ready to integrate ourselves into the Australian way of life.

Good luck to everyone who is going through the process now, we have all been there and lived the frustration but once you get the approval you will be surprised how fast time goes until you are sat where we are now thinking "where have the last few weeks gone" and looking forward to your new future.

We will stay on the forum while we are in Perth and are looking forward to meeting many of the people we have been speaking to on here face-to-face once we are settled in and im looking forward now to looking back at this post in 6 months time and updating everyone on how we are getting on with the next huge chapter in our lives
Gosh! this is as big as my post the other day

Goodluck... with your new life in Aus! And I hope you enjoy your time in Perth and with your parents!

Though i would be in Adelaide, i am game to meet as many people on the forums

Last edited by ameya; Feb 14th 2008 at 6:18 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

jacm will become famous soon enoughjacm will become famous soon enough

GOOD LUCK for today and for the start of your new life... your post gave me goosebumps but also filled me with envy.... congratulations with getting this far and have a good one!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:34 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - with the emotion of the next few days as much as with your future in Perth!

Best regards.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Good luck and wishing you all the best for your new begining hope to join you soon
Brown family
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian & Georgina x
good luck hopefully see you soon !

it is worth it i promise you been here since november now and i was unhappy for the first few weeks but now i love it and i never want to go back to the uk.

we are going to be applying for pr as soon as poss which shows how much i want to stay now

take care

love tiff

pm me when you get to perth and i will give you my tel no so we can meet up

i think i did agree to a barbie or somthing ?????????? for when you and pepe arrived
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:57 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

What a beautiful post - it brought a tear to my eye! Have a wonderful couple of days with your family and a safe journey. Let us know what it's like at the other side.
Linda
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

good luck
enjoy your new life down under and keep us posted on your progress
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Ian & Georgina x
What a lovely post. You sound like you are going with your eyes wide open. Look forward to reading your update.
Good luck,
Bobbie
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck to you both.

Safe trip xx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:33 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Today's the Day!

GOOD LUCK BOTH!!!!!!
Really hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on
Enjoy every minute of your new life in Australia, you deserve it!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:34 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian & Georgina x

What a great post......enjoy your last couple of days with your family and friends....good luck with the rest of your lives!
Ems x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

all the very best to the both of you, hope the next few days won't be too draining, can imagine how you're feeling

we too will be heading to perth, so keep us all updated and hopefully we can all meet up - where will you be heading?

good luck
vicky and rob
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

leweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the rough

What a lovely post - good luck and best wishes as you start your new lives x.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Ian & Georgina x
Good luck, Ian and Georgina,

Perth is the most beautiful city in the world, you have chosen a wonderful place to start your new life.

There will be ups and downs, lots of things may get frustrating but that's all part of getting used to a different way of life.

There's lots going on in Perth the next couple of weeks - every suburb seems to be having its "summer fiesta" so you have chosen a really lovely time to get here , hopefully the temperature's will stay below 30 for a few days too!

Best of luck,

Louise xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.