Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tired of London, Tired of Life

Wikiposts

Tired of London, Tired of Life

Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tired of London, Tired of Life

Originally Posted by RedT
and the drivers who would sooner kill you with a death stare than answer the simple question 'do you go by Victoria?'...

and no, you can't tell by looking at the front of the bus coz it's usually wrong or shows half of two different destinations...
See how different impressions are for different people? When I was in London the bus drivers were really courteous to me. I was staying on the boundary of 2 zones and it was a bus driver who suggested that if I walk to the next stop the next time I could save on the fare.

I do find the bus drivers here in Perth to be really friendly, too. Maybe I'm just friendly and polite to them so they reciprocate.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Maybe I'm just friendly and polite to them so they reciprocate.
I think this is the key phrase Dorothy. A they say, you reap what you sow.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe people are knocking London public transport compared to Aussie equivalent

Anyway, love London. It'll always be my home. Couldn't give a stuff about Olympics but will def be going back in the next year for a visit.

Worst thing about having an Aussie missus is that one of us will always be displaced from home/family. The ideal situation would be to get rich, have a house in London and a house in Sydney, and get really flexible jobs so we can spend 6 months of the year in each. Its a tricky one to balance though!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:07 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
See how different impressions are for different people? When I was in London the bus drivers were really courteous to me. I was staying on the boundary of 2 zones and it was a bus driver who suggested that if I walk to the next stop the next time I could save on the fare.

I do find the bus drivers here in Perth to be really friendly, too. Maybe I'm just friendly and polite to them so they reciprocate.
Or maybe it's the way that you shake your blue ring at them?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:16 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite happyily plodding along on the Bayside here, much rather be here than London any day.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
So who's going to watch the London Olympics next year?

Have you been to London recently?

Do you still love London?

Yes. I watch the Olympic games fanatically.

Not for a couple of years now.

Yes. London born and bred.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I'm quite happyily plodding along on the Bayside here, much rather be here than London any day.
Yeah, so you keep saying. Annoying pillock!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm full of internal conflicts re my past life in London. The worst being the realisation that I could no longer be happy or satisfied with where I grew up, which is sad as growing up for 22 years amongst my fellow South Londoners is probably where most of my current personality and makeup comes from.

I love the influence of the many extremes I encountered daily growing up there. From the nutters to the Intellectuals, the Artists to the Druggies, the Super Professionals to the most hopeless dropouts. I'm not sure where I could have been exposed to a more diverse condensed example of humanity.

I really love Melbourne, but when you really look hard, everywhere else I've expeirenced really is bland/Sane ? compared to London. Thing is I dont think I could handle all that "input" anymore.

It's hard to accept that where I grew up... in deepest SE 13/23/6/15/25/1 is mostly a sheethhole... thing is I dont think there are many places that you can get a better preparation for the extremes that life can throw you.

I can remember one classic example of how London seems to outsiders. I remember befriending an American fellow at work. After a few weeks I invited him back to our place in Peckham.... he lasted about 15 mins before he made excuses and hi tailed it out of there... I thought we had done something wrong. It didnt dawn on me for ages... probably until I'd lived in Aus for quite a while, that his strong reaction was due to the location. So fellow Londoners, you have to accept there are some extreme unpalatables in London, that most of us can accept, whilst the rest of the world totally refuses too... and probably quite rightly.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:01 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Yeah, so you keep saying. Annoying pillock!
Why don't you **** right off and stop following my posts everywhere, or I will report you, weirdo.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why don't you **** right off and stop following my posts everywhere, or I will report you, weirdo.
Dont flatter yourself princess.

Its a bit hard not to follow your posts when your every single effing thread.

Report me. Go ahead, make my day!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:15 pm

Dont flatter yourself princess.

Its a bit hard not to follow your posts when your every single effing thread.

Report me. Go ahead, make my day!
Stalker.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stalker.
Thats rich. Youre the reason I dont accept private messages anymore.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:30 pm

Thats rich. Youre the reason I dont accept private messages anymore.

Care to explain?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:32 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone for boiled bunny?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.