Timber Flooring

Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Timber Flooring

I am looking at putting timber flooring in the house. We have tiles at the moment and don't want the hassle or mess of tearing them up.
One bamboo flooring supplier is happy to glue the flooring to the tiles and provide a 5 year install warranty, no other timber floor supplier recommends doing this, only installing as a floating floor.

Has anyone glued timber flooring to tiles and how is it?

Cheers
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:01 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timber Flooring

should contact timber floor au (BE member), think he may know a bit
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:27 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
I am looking at putting timber flooring in the house. We have tiles at the moment and don't want the hassle or mess of tearing them up.
One bamboo flooring supplier is happy to glue the flooring to the tiles and provide a 5 year install warranty, no other timber floor supplier recommends doing this, only installing as a floating floor.

Cheers
If you use a 2 part bonding agent like Davco "Ultrabond" to prepare the floor you can put what you like down over the top. The tiles would need to be cleaned with Davco Tile & Grout cleaner prior to using Ultrabond. Ultrabond can be spread as thin as a couple of mm over the tiles.
You could also use a self leveling compound like Lanko 133 Pro Level to do the same job.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info.

Does TimberfloorAus still post on here?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:19 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
should contact timber floor au (BE member), think he may know a bit
You sure he's still a member of BE. Didn't he throw his toys out the pram and go to the otherside with some others..........?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:20 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

think he does but contact ABCdiamond for more on him......
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:17 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:28 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
You could, but also depends on how well the tiles are adhered to the floor. Also adding even more height may mean you have to cut your doors down etc.

Personally I would remove the tiles and start fresh.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info.

Does TimberfloorAus still post on here?
He has his own forum now mate so doesn't post here
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:12 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Timber Flooring

We looked into getting our downstairs done and some timber floor guys recommend putting a modern visqueen plastic type barrier down first to stop any damp forming on cold underfloor warping the timber followed by battens and the wood floor screwed to battens to allow natural flexing.

Timber would be the man to ask, we're not allowed to mention his site on here as some people fear the competition and there's an automatic delete/blocker if we post the link. If you put British Expats in Google then about 8 or so down look for a site that sounds like it's made for black rappers you should be sorted.

Cheers