Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tim Spall movie help

Tim Spall movie help

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tim Spall movie help

I watched an utterly fantastic, dark and gritty British film a short while ago and now I need to use it as an example of......something, I can't track it down!

Tim Spall played a sometime taxi driver, his 'long-suffering' wife worked as a supermarket checkout operator and they had two overweight kids. The girl worked in a nursing home and the dangerously overweight boy did little else than tell his diminutive mother the 'f**K off' every five minutes. They live in a squalid high-rise somewhere in London. It's a very bleak story and to be honest I remember it in black and white even though I'm positive it was colour.

Anyone know the bloody film?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim Spall movie help

Google for "Timothy Spall IMDB" and you might find it.

(I don't know the movie so can't be more helpful, sorry.)
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek
I watched an utterly fantastic, dark and gritty British film a short while ago and now I need to use it as an example of......something, I can't track it down!

Tim Spall played a sometime taxi driver, his 'long-suffering' wife worked as a supermarket checkout operator and they had two overweight kids. The girl worked in a nursing home and the dangerously overweight boy did little else than tell his diminutive mother the 'f**K off' every five minutes. They live in a squalid high-rise somewhere in London. It's a very bleak story and to be honest I remember it in black and white even though I'm positive it was colour.

Anyone know the bloody film?
www.imdb.com

type in his name and it will bring up everything he has been in. Fantastic website.

EDITED TO ADD: Its called All or Nothing, released in 2002

Last edited by northernbird; Apr 13th 2008 at 4:40 am.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks but I have IMBD search box in my browser (Firefox) and it's the first thing I tried. He's done quite a lot you know so it might take a while to go through everything. At least I can narrow it down a bit......it certainly wasn't Auf Wiedersehen Pet or Quadrephenia
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek
Thanks but I have IMBD search box in my browser (Firefox) and it's the first thing I tried. He's done quite a lot you know so it might take a while to go through everything. At least I can narrow it down a bit......it certainly wasn't Auf Wiedersehen Pet or Quadrephenia
It took me 2 secs to find it, I have edited my post above.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi I think it is called 'All or Nothing' I've not seen it but I am a huge fan. It was Auf Wiedershen Pet that got me hooked.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey everyone!! It's called All or Nothing! Oh you know. Yes it was quite easy after all as it's quite recent and I started at the top of the list and worked down. Imagine if I'd started at the bottom and worked up. Oh my!

Thanks guys. BTW It's a bloody great movie imho and well worth renting/buying.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen it (we only really get the big money movies here ) but I think he's fantastic. Having had brief experience of Aussie telly, and about to move round the corner from a Blockbuster, I might have to make a note of that one.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:44 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting website: I found a Spall TV movie I've been trying to remember for ages - "Shooting the past". Marvellous, moody, thought provoking.