British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Ticketek (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/ticketek-750287/)

Hoola Mar 9th 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Ticketek

Yeah & I've got Duran Duran VIP seating for March 31st going begging

Hoola Mar 9th 2012 9:00 pm

And while we're on the subject. The fact ticketek get away with charging a large booking fee for online purchases ($7-8) when the transaction is electronic & there are no postage costs when you print the ticket at home etc. absolutely does my head in. Plus then 1.75% CC fee. How else do you most people pay online? Crazy crazy.

cresta57 Mar 9th 2012 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Hoola (Post 9945080)
Yeah & I've got Duran Duran VIP seating for March 31st going begging

I'm selling VIP tickets to Duran Duran, they are on my back veranda 300k away guaranteed you won't hear a thing:thumbup:

sassie Mar 11th 2012 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Hoola (Post 9945095)
And while we're on the subject. The fact ticketek get away with charging a large booking fee for online purchases ($7-8) when the transaction is electronic & there are no postage costs when you print the ticket at home etc. absolutely does my head in. Plus then 1.75% CC fee. How else do you most people pay online? Crazy crazy.

I've never seen the "print tickets at home" option whenever I've used Ticketek. The only options I have seen are "pick up from box office" or "postage", both options of which attract the same booking fee.

Hoola Mar 11th 2012 7:12 am

Originally Posted by sassie (Post 9946735)
I've never seen the "print tickets at home" option whenever I've used Ticketek. The only options I have seen are "pick up from box office" or "postage", both options of which attract the same booking fee.

It's a quick way to get the tic. They are barcoded so all you have to do is present the printed A4 sheet at your venue.

Pollyana Mar 11th 2012 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Hoola (Post 9946741)
It's a quick way to get the tic. They are barcoded so all you have to do is present the printed A4 sheet at your venue.

Yea, but look at the venue queues sometimes! People who queued to pick up their tickets for The Wall in Brisbane reckoned they queued for 40 minutes, better off doing the postal option.

Hoola Mar 11th 2012 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9946800)
Yea, but look at the venue queues sometimes! People who queued to pick up their tickets for The Wall in Brisbane reckoned they queued for 40 minutes, better off doing the postal option.

This way you don't need to queue to pick up tics the home printed IS the ticket. All that is done is it's scanned on entry like everyone else's