Ticketek

Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ticketek

Well, well, well, after trying to get tickets for my daughter from ticketek to see one direction, I am beginning to learn a few things about them.

For instance i notices someone had posted this comment on their fb wall and wondered if anyone has had any experience of this

How can it be that a number of sites, including some in the UK, were selling tickets to the Australian shows days before Tickatek? I do think that those unscrupulous individuals that are selling tickets at ridiculously overinflated prices need to be investigated. First Radiohead & now One direction. Tickets are offered for sale immediately afterwards on ebay. How can this be Tickatek people???
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:17 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ticketek

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Well, well, well, after trying to get tickets for my daughter from ticketek to see one direction, I am beginning to learn a few things about them.

For instance i notices someone had posted this comment on their fb wall and wondered if anyone has had any experience of this

How can it be that a number of sites, including some in the UK, were selling tickets to the Australian shows days before Tickatek? I do think that those unscrupulous individuals that are selling tickets at ridiculously overinflated prices need to be investigated. First Radiohead & now One direction. Tickets are offered for sale immediately afterwards on ebay. How can this be Tickatek people???
Yes, the scalping is disgusting. I saw some 1D tickets on ebay this morning for $1000... and they were selling!!!

I thought this was illegal.

I am interested to hear about the UK sites selling Aust. concert tickets. Which sites do this? Like you, I'd like to know how...
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissybee
Yes, the scalping is disgusting. I saw some 1D tickets on ebay this morning for $1000... and they were selling!!!

I am interested to hear about the UK sites selling Aust. concert tickets. Which sites do this? Like you, I'd like to know how...
Not sure, i seen it posted on their website by someone, have asked him for more info, but i see both his and my posts have been deleted, was hoping someone on here would know more. However it may be alot of hearsay.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 4:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so grateful my girls have never been into the type of music that would mean I needed to consider getting tickets for the likes of 1 direction or Bieber.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh the life of a sucker of an Aunty. I get these frantic texts and facebook messages "OMG I have to go to college and the tickets for (insert name of someone I've never heard of) are on sale in an hour and mum said I should tell someone who cares so can you please buy me some and I'll love you for ever......"
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I was registered with Ticketek for years, and when Fleetwood Mac announced they would play in Perth I thought I'd be able to snap up good tickets before they were sold publicly. Oh No, all the best seats were sold out immediatley the online store opened for registered members. How can you pre-pre register seats
Anyway, the seats we wanted were available on ebay within a hour at 4 times ticket price.

And yes scalping in Australia is illegal, but accepted practice (well if you don't want to buy at that price...don't). And yes I did pay the massively inflated price for me and Mrs LL to see The Mac.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had not seen this thread this morning before I properly woke up. I took a look at the website, saw Cirque de Soliel are in Sydney in September and bought two tickets. For when I m on holiday in the UK.

Anybody want two front row tickets on Sunday 16th September, 5pm? Excellent seats, very, very few front row available now. Face value.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3

As much as I agree that selling tickets at ridicuously overinflated prices is disgusting, for some gigs, it is possible to purchase tickets before they are released on Ticketek. For the last 2 gigs I went to, I was able to pre purchase before they were available for public release, just by signing up to their respective VIP members pre release sale. It's free and can be quite handy when you are after those elusive tickets.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee

How the hell do ID tickets sell for $1000, there audience is 14 year old girls, so there parents are buying said tickets??? crazy shit.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked online for tickets a few times, never considered ebay. Just had a quick search on there for tickets & they are outrageous 2 X 1D tickets starting price $144 which is cost price, currently running at $10,000 for the pair 61 bids. Must be a wind up
Who are 1D I ask? Must google them as well
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Wouldn't bother, you're not a 14 year old girl. As far as I know.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cresta57
I've looked online for tickets a few times, never considered ebay. Just had a quick search on there for tickets & they are outrageous 2 X 1D tickets starting price $144 which is cost price, currently running at $10,000 for the pair 61 bids. Must be a wind up
The ebay sale is now closed, so I have no idea how much the tickets sold for.
But there is a massive problem when Ticketec pre sell tickets and they then go on ebay almost immediately for profiteering. As this is illegal in Australia why isn't it policed? Or does it fall into the usual "awww if yoo don't waant it don't by it" sh*t.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:44 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
As much as I agree that selling tickets at ridicuously overinflated prices is disgusting, for some gigs, it is possible to purchase tickets before they are released on Ticketek. For the last 2 gigs I went to, I was able to pre purchase before they were available for public release, just by signing up to their respective VIP members pre release sale. It's free and can be quite handy when you are after those elusive tickets.
I am signed up to the newsletters for every theatre and concert hall I know about in Syd, plus the ticketing agencies, and also the Myer One Waitlists. I still miss out on some tickets but they go first to 'Friends of...", i.e., you donate to support the venue or theatre company.

Another reason for signing up to them all is occasionally I get an email about last minute discounts; they may not be great seats but they're probably for things I was in two minds about and wouldn't have paid full price for anyway. Hit and miss, but sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. Sometimes not (Ballet Revolucion, I'm talking 'bout you ) but then it's still better than the telly.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:04 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret,
we did the same. Apparently you can log on and join the 'queue' to buy the tickets before they go on sale! My daughter logged on at 8.45am to get in the queue for the opening sale at 9am(as advised by others on the Twitter site for OD) and managed to get to the bit where you select how many tickets and it timed out!
By the time she logged back in they had gone. It was a big bloody con if you ask me, why say they are on sale at 9am then you 'queue' beforehand?
I have a heartbroken 14 year old in the back yard with her mate desperately trying to make a video so they can enter a competition to win tickets.
Its so sad
J x
Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I have 4 Kaiser Chief Tickets you can have for face value.... Have to try and offload them coz I'm screwed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.