Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

To tice you up north

To tice you up north

Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To tice you up north

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Great photos.

how much longer are you up there Mandy? and any idea where to next?

Do you have any regrets about making the move?

It was a big one, but from memory you had made several big ones before, connected with the OH work. Is he enjoying it?
Hopefully this time next year we will be moving to Melly .
No regrets at all life is there to give us experience to learn from and living in Darwin has certainly done that for us all.
Ive spent the last 20+ years moving around with my hubby and this is terms of the distance was a biggy.
Hubby sort of endures Darwin rather than enjoying it.
Mandy
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
Lovely pictures - none of Berry Springs though Love it there!

Do you ever brave swimming in the sea?
None of Berry Springs as each time we were going to go it was closed due to crocs. So we ended up going to buley rock hole which had no crocs and in my opinion is much better for scenary.
As for going in the sea , no chance dont fancy the stingers , we often go in the rock pools for a splodge though lol
Mandy
Old Jan 12th 2012, 7:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for sharing Mandy
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
None of Berry Springs as each time we were going to go it was closed due to crocs. So we ended up going to buley rock hole which had no crocs and in my opinion is much better for scenary.
As for going in the sea , no chance dont fancy the stingers , we often go in the rock pools for a splodge though lol
Mandy
Berry Springs is warm, where as Buley was FREEEZZZING in comparison! If you get chance to visit I do recommend it, well as long as no crocs evident!

I did doubt you'd go in the sea as I'm aware of the dangers lurking but as a South Australian through and through I find it so hard to see such delightful beaches and seas and not be able to go in! Same applies for Cairns etc when we were there! However with the way the newspapers report the Great Whites visits I wonder that other states doubt we go in the sea so thought perhaps people in Darwin "know" the safer areas and swim regardless.

Our biggest risk is the chill factor on the edge of spring/autumn etc
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:48 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hopefully this time next year we will be moving to Melly .
No regrets at all life is there to give us experience to learn from and living in Darwin has certainly done that for us all.
Ive spent the last 20+ years moving around with my hubby and this is terms of the distance was a biggy.
Hubby sort of endures Darwin rather than enjoying it.
Mandy
I guess the kids, no matter where they live in their lives, will never forget Darwin.

I recently read a book called Memories of Singapore and Malaysia, by Derek Tait, which is a collection of the childhood memories and experiences of the children of British servicemen posted to Malaya and Singapore.

Tales of heat, snakes and strange locals. Much like your experiences.

Every single one said they were better adults for the experience. Great book and worth reading.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
I guess the kids, no matter where they live in their lives, will never forget Darwin.

I recently read a book called Memories of Singapore and Malaysia, by Derek Tait, which is a collection of the childhood memories and experiences of the children of British servicemen posted to Malaya and Singapore.

Tales of heat, snakes and strange locals. Much like your experiences.

Every single one said they were better adults for the experience. Great book and worth reading.
I will look out for the book.
Mandy