Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Thread At The End Of The World

The Thread At The End Of The World

Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Thread At The End Of The World

So, we're all going to die later today, can't be arsed to work out when what with timezones and all.

As far as I can make out the situation is this:

Downsides - We are all dead

Upsides - Thatcher is dead

I don't know about you but I'm counting it as a win.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Thread At The End Of The World

Everyone being dead would be a win in the sense that no-one is left behind to mourn.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:58 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

To say I was disappointed that there were no zombies at the door this morning would be a MASSIVE understatement.

I'm taking comfort from the fact that it's still yesterday in South America so there's time. In the meantime, I'll leave the barricades up and make a quick dash to Coles to stock up on spam and Red Bull.

(Apparently that's what you need for the end of the world)
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:00 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Everyone being dead would be a win in the sense that no-one is left behind to mourn.
All that champagne and bunting gone to waste.

Originally Posted by Dreamy
To say I was disappointed that there were no zombies at the door this morning would be a MASSIVE understatement.

I'm taking comfort from the fact that it's still yesterday in South America so there's time. In the meantime, I'll leave the barricades up and make a quick dash to Coles to stock up on spam and Red Bull.

(Apparently that's what you need for the end of the world)
A trip to Coles will also sort the Lack Of Zombie situation out.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

C ya!
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:09 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

A handy countdown:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya

It'll be 10pm just gone in Sydney. Dare say I'll be in bed.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
A handy countdown:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya

It'll be 10pm just gone in Sydney. Dare say I'll be in bed.
A painless way to go, depending on what you're doing in bed.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really hoping the Mayans were right - I'm counting on the end of the world to get out of Christmas shopping.

If they were wrong ... and let's face it it is a big if because these ancients really knew their stuff when it comes to predicting stuff ... Amazon vouchers all round then? Also I've got a slab of beers and 12 bottles of wine to get through and I need at least another day to make any progress with that important project.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
I'm really hoping the Mayans were right - I'm counting on the end of the world to get out of Christmas shopping.

If they were wrong ... and let's face it it is a big if because these ancients really knew their stuff when it comes to predicting stuff ... Amazon vouchers all round then? Also I've got a slab of beers and 12 bottles of wine to get through and I need at least another day to make any progress with that important project.
If we can't be certain of this, what can we be certain of?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:27 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
If they were wrong ... and let's face it it is a big if because these ancients really knew their stuff when it comes to predicting stuff ...
Yep, them Mayans had ancient foretelling skills that meant they were never surprised by disasters....

It's one of those things that always disappoints me about humans - give them some clearly b*ll*cks predictions of disaster made by individuals you now wouldn't give a job to work in a McDs - and there are loads of people actually taking it seriously. Give them a evidence based, fact based, prediction of disaster made by scientists who are experts in the field - and there are loads of people who shrug and say "well someone will sort it out" or "its all a conspiracy". As a whole the human race is too dumb to survive....
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarryP
Yep, them Mayans had ancient foretelling skills that meant they were never surprised by disasters....

It's one of those things that always disappoints me about humans - give them some clearly b*ll*cks predictions of disaster made by individuals you now wouldn't give a job to work in a McDs - and there are loads of people actually taking it seriously. Give them a evidence based, fact based, prediction of disaster made by scientists who are experts in the field - and there are loads of people who shrug and say "well someone will sort it out" or "its all a conspiracy". As a whole the human race is too dumb to survive....
Er, just to be clear, I was joking about believing in this bullshit.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:59 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Er, just to be clear, I was joking about believing in this bullshit.
I know, but there are those who aren't - just Google "nibiru". Thing is, it often the same type that believe the b*llsh*t but thing climate change is a conspiracy.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know, but there are those who aren't - just Google "nibiru". Thing is, it often the same type that believe the b*llsh*t but thing climate change is a conspiracy.
Well, it might not be so ridiculous for people to not believe in climate change. I do, but I do so blindly. I accept the views of the professionals without really looking at their evidence. Thats probably just as ignorant in believing in a religion or some mad myth such as the end of the world happening tonight.

Thankfully, those who believe in the world ending tonight can't say 'ha, told you so' if they are right.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:11 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Like the untimely collapse of their entire civilisation by chance?

S
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
So, we're all going to die later today, can't be arsed to work out when what with timezones and all.
You are ahead of us, so you need to inform us when it happens (a quick post while you scream in agony should do it, something simple, like "NOW").

That will give us a bit of time to prepare ourselves.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.