Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thousands of Boat people coming

Wikiposts

Thousands of Boat people coming

Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thousands of Boat people coming

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Not true. Muslims travelling to Muslim countries cannot enter without a valid visa, just like the rest of us.

Thought I'd check, looks like you dont even need a Visa from the UK. Although you do need to pay for one on arrival.

Looks like its a particuarly easy country to get into.

http://www.borneo.com.au/visa.htm

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 20th 2009 at 7:45 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:47 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Thousands of Boat people coming

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thought I'd check, looks like you dont even need a Visa from the UK. Although you do need to pay for one on arrival.
Same as Turkey; my wife and I bought our visas on arrival.

Looks like its a particuarly easy country to get into.

http://www.borneo.com.au/visa.htm
That depends on which country you're referring to. Borneo is divided into two regions and one independent state, all of which are controlled by three different countries. Depending on where you arrive, you'll either be entering Indonesia, Malaysia or Brunei.

Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:39 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I went to school there.
Bloody illegal economic migrants here to scrounge every penny of stimulus money. Couldn't you have got off your boat somewhere on the way such as Birmingham
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IvanM
Bloody illegal economic migrants here to scrounge every penny of stimulus money. Couldn't you have got off your boat somewhere on the way such as Birmingham
Boat from Manchester to Birmingham... I would never have been able to manoeuvre around all the shopping trollies in the canals.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Same as Turkey; my wife and I bought our visas on arrival.

That depends on which country you're referring to. Borneo is divided into two regions and one independent state, all of which are controlled by three different countries. Depending on where you arrive, you'll either be entering Indonesia, Malaysia or Brunei.

If you're a British passport holder you don't need a visa for Brunei. If you're an Aussie you have to buy the visa on arrival. Cocked up filling in the onboard forms for the girls by putting their Aussie passport details. They had to queue up to pay for the visa whilst I sailed through on mine. I did give them the money and wait for them though