Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For those who are working over Christmas.....

For those who are working over Christmas.....

Old Dec 25th 2009, 2:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those who are working over Christmas.....

I'm finding it really odd not working at all over Christmas this year, though I am going to pop in and say hello to the girl who is in the hot seat today, just to keep her company for a while!

So I just wanted to start a thread to say hi, and Merry Thingybob to all those out there who are working today/tonight/tomorrow - some do it cos they have to, some actually prefer to work at this time of year - whatever the reason, you aren't forgotten Have a good celebration when you get the chance
Old Dec 25th 2009, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those who are working over Christmas.....

No luck suckers. Only kidding.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 4:46 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
No luck suckers. Only kidding.
Hmmmm....now what was the weather forecast I just saw.........moderate rainall for Mackay...........
Old Dec 25th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmmmm....now what was the weather forecast I just saw.........moderate rainall for Mackay...........
Working tonight through until Sunday morning. . .someones gotta do it!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mandyp
Working tonight through until Sunday morning. . .someones gotta do it!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Cheers
Mandy
Hope it goes well I've been in the office all afternoon helping out and yep, we have to do it, goes with the job
Old Dec 25th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hope it goes well I've been in the office all afternoon helping out and yep, we have to do it, goes with the job
Cheers Pollyana, so far it's been ok. . .

I certainly would not be here if I didn't have to be though, you're a v dedicated lady!! Get yer arse home n enjoy yer Christmas off!!

cheers
Mandy
Old Dec 25th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Having a quiet day here, though work never stops. Scattered gunfire in the city earlier; think the heat might have slowed that some.

Mogadishu is not big on Christmas, which providently fell on their weekly Holy Day. There are some Brits here working on a comms project and they are musing about the weather difference between here and Europe...I told them we have to suffer the same every Chrissy...so much bloody sunshine!

Family is scattered between Melbourne, Maputo (Mozambique) and me in Mogadishu (Somalia). Seems to be a theme, with previous Christmas celebrated in Mozambique, Timor Leste, and 2 in Afghanistan.

Merry whatever it is, wherever you are.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 1:58 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mandyp
Cheers Pollyana, so far it's been ok. . .

I certainly would not be here if I didn't have to be though, you're a v dedicated lady!! Get yer arse home n enjoy yer Christmas off!!

cheers
Mandy
Today it was more a case of fancying a gossip with the girl on shift! Its only up the road, and of course we ended up talking work and sorting out some work issues. Made the day go quick though
Old Dec 25th 2009, 1:59 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JR230898
Having a quiet day here, though work never stops. Scattered gunfire in the city earlier; think the heat might have slowed that some.

Mogadishu is not big on Christmas, which providently fell on their weekly Holy Day. There are some Brits here working on a comms project and they are musing about the weather difference between here and Europe...I told them we have to suffer the same every Chrissy...so much bloody sunshine!

Family is scattered between Melbourne, Maputo (Mozambique) and me in Mogadishu (Somalia). Seems to be a theme, with previous Christmas celebrated in Mozambique, Timor Leste, and 2 in Afghanistan.

Merry whatever it is, wherever you are.
Certainly not a boring Christmas by the sound of it
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:06 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished my delivery run!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:09 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Carbery
Just finished my delivery run!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe JR.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Over Christmas is not a good time to do anything where safety is critical, most of those rostered on are juniors down at the bottom of the pecking order.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Patrolled the beach as per usual. Shite weather - only had about 10 people on the beach all day.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hubby is volunteer for NSW rural fire service, he had callout and left for 7am Christmas morning but luckily was back by 5pm, we had Chrissy dinner at 6pm

He had a lounging, watching dvd's day today instead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.