Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For those still in Blighty - So So Cold!!!

For those still in Blighty - So So Cold!!!

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default For those still in Blighty - So So Cold!!!

Well it got down to minus 10 in the village last night. Heating on full blast and the bloody fire, dreading the next energy bills!!! :curse:

For those of you that are on your way to the other side soon, good luck and send us some sun, please.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:45 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Default Re: For those still in Blighty - So So Cold!!!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Well it got down to minus 10 in the village last night. Heating on full blast and the bloody fire, dreading the next energy bills!!! :curse:

For those of you that are on your way to the other side soon, good luck and send us some sun, please.
I'm in Darlington in County Durham...equally cold! So cold it pains me to have to leave the house in it!

Central heating on constant, cup of tea every hour, and electric blanket on my bed at night
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lerato
I'm in Darlington in County Durham...equally cold! So cold it pains me to have to leave the house in it!

Central heating on constant, cup of tea every hour, and electric blanket on my bed at night
Much the same, but I find that the more I drink to warm up the more I have to visit the bathroom during the night - when the heating is not on
Here's looking forward to the thaw.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:56 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Much the same, but I find that the more I drink to warm up the more I have to visit the bathroom during the night - when the heating is not on
Here's looking forward to the thaw.
Very true! Hopefully within 2 weeks it will be warm Oz summer day to chill out on before starting work....

I will probably not have any fingers, toes, ears or my nose left by then however. As I suspect they will have fallen off due to the cold weather...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:03 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

It was -6c at 5.30pm here on the way home from Asda
I am too scared to find out the actual temperature now
And it is even worse when Dad rings from Melbourne telling me he is going to Fiji for 4 days
J
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:49 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Very cold here in Dorset but also very bright sunny days - I love it

Just pull on your coat,gloves and scarf and enjoy the sunshine
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Hubby said it was -7 when he was driving to work at 9am this morning & the weather forecast is for about the same tonight (where in Bedfordshire). I'm not looking forward to doing the pre-school run again tomorrow as it's a mile walk each way & I struggled in the snow & ice just to get up our driveway with the buggy earlier.

Was chatting to a mate on Perth earlier & he was rubbing it in about the lovely weather & trying to persuade us to move now. Wish we could but not feasible just yet

Alison
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be great if the world's weather would just average itself out. Last night at 8pm it was 33C here - unbearable and inescapable without aircon (the DH wont get it put in!). Yesterday I would have killed for a minus 10!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
Hubby said it was -7 when he was driving to work at 9am this morning & the weather forecast is for about the same tonight (where in Bedfordshire). I'm not looking forward to doing the pre-school run again tomorrow as it's a mile walk each way & I struggled in the snow & ice just to get up our driveway with the buggy earlier.

Was chatting to a mate on Perth earlier & he was rubbing it in about the lovely weather & trying to persuade us to move now. Wish we could but not feasible just yet

Alison
Was just reading Perth is expecting another 37c 10 days of heatwave already, not sure I would call that 'lovely' . Imagine dragging kids around in that every day
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

And just to widen the perspective, we have family in midwest Canada who've been housebound for the past few weeks and dealing with temps that have dipped as low as -35 degrees. Apparently it's much better now, averaging -16 to -20 (!)
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Got in my car at 15:30 yesterday, it had been sat in the sun since 08:30, the thermo read 45°C, I couldnt even sit back in my chair till I blasted it with the aircon
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Our snowmen are still going strong from Monday am with no sign of chilling out yet!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:18 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Here's something to warm you all up:

Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:32 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the heat. Hit about 36 here today. Spent some time at the beach in the morning, then did a couple of jobs, came back swam in the pool. The sprog's been out on his skateboard (lotion, hat and long-sleeve T, natch) and has been camping out in the garden at night. We've swapped the duvet for a single sheet and have no problems sleeping, with windows open front and back of house to get the breeze passing through. I'd sooner disembowel myself with a wooden spoon than put up with minus 10 degrees.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

[ I'd sooner disembowel myself with a wooden spoon than put up with minus 10 degrees. [/QUOTE]

Now thats what i call a good quote,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.