Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Think going barefoot is wrong?

Think going barefoot is wrong?

Old May 12th 2008, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Think going barefoot is wrong?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
He says that half way through My Ding A Ling http://youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_B62k9sQk
blinding, haven't seen that for years! and to think they banned it
Old May 12th 2008, 10:14 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

i'm a full convert to the bare foot, i love it. I even go to Woollies and the servo with bare feet.
Old May 12th 2008, 10:31 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
So what are you saying ? Don't shoes/ boots or any other kind of footware bring dirt and grime into your house I bet where you live everyone leaves their footware at the front door and has a foot spa at the entrance to their Mansion
This is where Asians have it right - you leave your shoes outside the door. Of course this works best in places they're not guaranteed to get nicked.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Dont think I will ever convert to shoelessness!!!

Eldest has already started though!!! And he was the boy who wouldnt even wear flip flops on our holiday here last August!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 1:15 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

So what are you saying ? Don't shoes/ boots or any other kind of footware bring dirt and grime into your house
Yes thats why you take them off when you enter the house... taking your skin off is'nt really practical is it...

I bet where you live everyone leaves their footware at the front door and has a foot spa at the entrance to their Mansion
I bet where you live everyone wishes you didnt.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:19 am
Account Closed

I bet where you live everyone wishes you didnt.
Oooh a bit of tension, tread carefully - barefoot would probly be best
Old May 13th 2008, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

It's not wrong, it's lazy

On the beach is ok.....and at home is ok.......but not in shopping centres
Old May 13th 2008, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Nu Shooz, calling it "lazy" makes the assumption that it's wrong. It's only lazy in your opinion, largely because of your upbringing. I think most barefoot Aussies would see it as unnecessary rather than lazy.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Nu Shooz, calling it "lazy" makes the assumption that it's wrong. It's only lazy in your opinion, largely because of your upbringing. I think most barefoot Aussies would see it as unnecessary rather than lazy.
And that was your assumption that you thought it meant 'wrong'....i never said it was wrong, lazy was tongue in cheek. There is no wrong and right about it, but i prefer to wear something on my feet if i am outside, whats wrong with that?
Old May 13th 2008, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
And that was your assumption that you thought it meant 'wrong'....i never said it was wrong, lazy was tongue in cheek. There is no wrong and right about it, but i prefer to wear something on my feet if i am outside, whats wrong with that?
I'm becoming lazy I think, I came home from the pub with only one shoe the other night. Some people feel quite strongly about this subject don't they?
Old May 13th 2008, 2:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I'm becoming lazy I think, I came home from the pub with only one shoe the other night. Some people feel quite strongly about this subject don't they?
Yes they sure do some loose their sense of humour along the way
Old May 13th 2008, 2:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yes they sure do some loose their sense of humour along the way
you're not wrong there, some far more ruckworthy issues around. like the 'should blokes wear speedos?' thread
Old May 13th 2008, 2:24 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i think it's nice that we have the freedom of choice to wear shoes or barefoot anywhere we want. i think it's good to toughen up our feet a bit. in the harsh reality of planet earth there are a lot of people who don't have shoes, shoes can mean life or death for some on the planet. but we are the lucky ones and this perspective puts foot etiquette where it really is , trivial and silly.
though i do have to say bare feet in the supermarket is a bit off putting somehow especially and the butchery department!!!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 2:55 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Pros of not wearing shoes:

1. freedom (allegedly)
2. Cheap

Cons of not wearing shoes:

1. Calfs look bigger on a woman without a heel!
2. Feet get filthy and ingrained with dirt
3. You don't know what you are treading in or what was previously on the ground
4. Shoes and handbags finish an outfit!
5. Makes your feet ache walking/running long distances
6. You get very hard skin
7. You have to paint your toes nails in all seasons!

and on and on it goes!
Old May 13th 2008, 2:59 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Meh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.