Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Think going barefoot is wrong?

Think going barefoot is wrong?

Old May 12th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Think going barefoot is wrong?

I have seen some nasty heels here too!!! Yuk!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 3:15 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Nevermind the footwear, look at the lack of choice in that photo!! Shocking!
Old May 12th 2008, 3:19 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Hardly surprising, since barefoot is the natural way.

I've never understood the Poms' aversion to the Aussie preference.

Any nation that wears sandals with socks is in no position to criticise other people's choice in footwear (or lack of it).
At least we don't wear neuted beanies to take a swim...
Old May 12th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

I often have problems with my feet and from what I've read and been told, as we developed and evolved we were walking on 'soft' sand or earth therefore our arches were being supported. However now walking continually on hard surfaces is not good for your feet as it offers no support. Just what I've discovered. Also the risk of infection through the feet is high and who wants to look a black crusty heals???????? YUK.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Any nation that wears sandals with socks is in no position to criticise other people's choice in footwear (or lack of it).
Oh and get it right, it's not poms, it's some poms. I honestly could not care less but then I tend to live by Chuck Berry's mantra - Live like you wanna live, it's a free country
Old May 12th 2008, 7:16 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh and get it right, it's not poms, it's some poms. I honestly could not care less but then I tend to live by Chuck Berry's mantra - Live like you wanna live, it's a free country
well said, you just can't generalise like that, it's wrong and uneducated - anyway it's the yanks that go round like that innit??
Old May 12th 2008, 7:24 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I honestly could not care less but then I tend to live by Chuck Berry's mantra - Live like you wanna live, it's a free country
me too but my song of choice was my ding-aling
Old May 12th 2008, 7:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
- Live like you wanna live, it's a free country
Originally Posted by stevenglish
me too but my song of choice was my ding-aling
He says that half way through My Ding A Ling
Old May 12th 2008, 7:47 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

On the beach its fine, in general day to day life outside of your home its seriously wrong! A disgusting habit that basically says im lazy, cant be bothered and hygiene's not my strong point.
I hate to think what sort of state the inside of their houses must be in, floor and especially carpets would be disgusting, bed sheets must need changing everyday.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:48 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
You blokes are a bunch of hypocrites... I bet you love it when you see this:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...ls-Posters.jpg

Oh I so NEED those shoes!!!!!

If only I could have her legs too
Old May 12th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think most aussies would see it like that. As a pommy kid arriving in Oz and then NZ, I took off my shoes to fit in. My parents were OK with it, although astonished at the speed at which my feet toughened up to walk across stones etc. We were never allowed to go shopping or to anywhere public without them though and I still make my kids put on jandals (thongs) if we go anywhere public, unless we're on holiday. Going to the local shop in bare feet is mandatory on holiday.

I agree that it is good for your feet. You get less fungal disease and bunions, corns etc but you do get dry heels in which dirt can become encrusted. This is easily remedied by a daily bath or shower using a pumice stone on said feet. Come on, surely most aussies shower daily. It can't be that much of a hygiene risk.
Old May 12th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Barefoot feels great on nice grass etc, and it was the right thing to do in the olden days before sharp-stony paths, broken glass etc

My lads used to play out barefoot, but more than once I've had to take them to the Doc to have something sharp removed from a very sore foot! Then there's the horror of bindii etc.

So - I never allowed them to go barefoot in the end. At least it means their feet fit OK into normal shoes.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:20 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Can i add that although i am happiest barefoot - i dont go further than my postbox/drive without thongs/shoes on!
I have driven koh to work barefoot but i wouldnt go out out...
seb loves running round barefoot as his newest best mate next door is always barefoot at home - but both wear shoes/sandles when out.

girls dont leave their rooms without something on their feet as theyre sure a snake/spider/scorpion is waiting to get them somewhere still..

Last edited by katsmajic; May 12th 2008 at 11:21 am. Reason: girls bit
Old May 12th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

When I was a Kid, a while ago now! I rarely wore shoes, not even to primary school, not many kids did. Now days though if I'm out and about, least I will wear is thongs... well most of the time.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve99
On the beach its fine, in general day to day life outside of your home its seriously wrong! A disgusting habit that basically says im lazy, cant be bothered and hygiene's not my strong point.
I hate to think what sort of state the inside of their houses must be in, floor and especially carpets would be disgusting, bed sheets must need changing everyday.
So what are you saying ? Don't shoes/ boots or any other kind of footware bring dirt and grime into your house I bet where you live everyone leaves their footware at the front door and has a foot spa at the entrance to their Mansion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.