Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you say Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Anything else?
yes, Perth
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You might want to go and have a lie down right now.
i feel much better for venting
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Getting the email to say it's time to pay Tiddler's phone bill and finding it over 5 times what it should be. Not happy and she's in trouuuubbbbblllllleeee!
Tiddler?

Why are you paying your child's phone bill? It's your own fault. Children have no need for mobile phones, and if they do have one it should be pre-pay.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Tiddler?

Why are you paying your child's phone bill? It's your own fault. Children have no need for mobile phones, and if they do have one it should be pre-pay.
I call her Tiddler because she's my youngest but she's 16 and hunting high and low for a job without much success. I will be removing any money she has in her account. I would not be happy if she was out and about without a phone but yes I agree, we should have kept her on a pre-pay. It was a softening of the heart on her birthday. Won't happen again.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I call her Tiddler because she's my youngest but she's 16 and hunting high and low for a job without much success. I will be removing any money she has in her account. I would not be happy if she was out and about without a phone but yes I agree, we should have kept her on a pre-pay. It was a softening of the heart on her birthday. Won't happen again.
LOL!! I thought you meant about 6-10 years old. I had a phone at 16, but had to pay my own bill (pre-pay didn't really exist then).

I think a few more chores are in order for the next month or so then. That'll make her say Grrrrrrrrrr!!!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!! I thought you meant about 6-10 years old. I had a phone at 16, but had to pay my own bill (pre-pay didn't really exist then).

I think a few more chores are in order for the next month or so then. That'll make her say Grrrrrrrrrr!!!
fricking nora how old are you? We didn't even have cordless home phones when I was 16, let alone a mobile!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:46 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to Grrrrrrr at you for electing yourself the Parenting God, but I'm glad I didn't.

The 16 year old has a pre-pay phone but I pay for a very low cap mobile for the two uni students. They don't work (or they'd pay for it themselves) but anything that is incurred over the cap will be removed from their hides. Its more for my benefit - neither of them particularly wanted a phone but I need to know they can call me with no worries or dramas (gawd, I've really turned Australian) if they need to, especially as they both rely on public transport to get home from uni. I know this can be achieved with pre-pay - but its worked out cheaper and more reliable to do it this way

Teenagers who have their phones turned off when I want them to stop at the shop on the way home make me go Grrrrrrrr.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:48 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

fricking nora how old are you? We didn't even have cordless home phones when I was 16, let alone a mobile!
We only got a home phone when I was about 8! Before that, we had to use a callbox!

Mind you, we waz poor norvern scum, innit.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm 12 years older than your 'Tiddler'.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Teenagers who have their phones turned off when I want them to stop at the shop on the way home make me go Grrrrrrrr.
My dad's pet hate is people having their mobiles off. The amount of times I've heard "What's the bloody point in having a mobile phone if you're only going to switch it off!"
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm 12 years older than your 'Tiddler'.
Hello son.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Same can be said for my 82 year old Gran. She'll only turn hers on to make a call then off again when she hangs up, even if you tell her you'll call her back!!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:06 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We only got a home phone when I was about 8! Before that, we had to use a callbox!

Mind you, we waz poor norvern scum, innit.
I was 12. That's when we got our first colour TV too, when we moved to the big bad city (well, Redcar - close). First time we owned a fridge too (Yes I was poor norvern scum too, but the farmhouse had a cold room.) (Actually the farmhouse had a LOT of cold rooms. I had a summer and a winter bedroom.)

Same can be said for my 82 year old Gran. She'll only turn hers on to make a call then off again when she hangs up, even if you tell her you'll call her back!!
And my father too - he wouldn't have a landline but, after a health scare, I insisted on getting him a mobile. (This being a man that had the first "mobile" phone I ever saw when he was on building sites. Huge, it was.) He'd only switch it on for a couple of hours a day, when he thought I might ring, because otherwise people "bother" him. Still, I'd settle for that now he's too deaf to have a conversation with at all.

So my Grrrrrr. It's gone beyond Grrrrr now. At my wits' end. Don't ever buy a strata property.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Seasider

So my Grrrrrr. It's gone beyond Grrrrr now. At my wits' end. Don't ever buy a strata property.
Ahh, indeed. There used to be a poster on here who had no end of issues with strata and body corp and nonsense. Put me off for life. Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
yes, Perth
That's a given on BE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.