Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Things are going from bad to worse!

Things are going from bad to worse!

Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things are going from bad to worse!

Originally Posted by Pam
Hi Tasha,
Just thought I would let you know that we are having major probs too! First chain collapsed due to house at bottom, 2nd chain we pulled out of as bottom buyer messing everyone around, now on 3rd chain where one solicitor tells complete porkies (and that's according to our solicitor!).
Know exactly how you feel! We've now had to cancel flights twice (were supposed to be going on 3rd July, then 24th) God knows when we'll get out there now
Shippers are also peed off with is, as is hotel in Singapore where we are stopping over.
My last day at work tomorrow - been there 9 years - wouldn't ever leave if we weren't emigrating as love it - so all in all a really emotional week!
Let's hope next week is better
(PS don't know if you remember but we met up at Guildford a while back?)
Really feel for you!. Hope your last day isn't too emotional
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:38 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Hi Tasha,

really feel really bad for you - everything crossed that you get sorted soon.

Rebecca
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pam
Hi Tasha,
Just thought I would let you know that we are having major probs too! First chain collapsed due to house at bottom, 2nd chain we pulled out of as bottom buyer messing everyone around, now on 3rd chain where one solicitor tells complete porkies (and that's according to our solicitor!).
Know exactly how you feel! We've now had to cancel flights twice (were supposed to be going on 3rd July, then 24th) God knows when we'll get out there now
Shippers are also peed off with is, as is hotel in Singapore where we are stopping over.
My last day at work tomorrow - been there 9 years - wouldn't ever leave if we weren't emigrating as love it - so all in all a really emotional week!
Let's hope next week is better
(PS don't know if you remember but we met up at Guildford a while back?)
Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Hi Tasha,

really feel really bad for you - everything crossed that you get sorted soon.

Rebecca
Hi Pam,

Yes of course I remember you. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you either. If your still around maybe we could meet up again before we go. I'm really busy next week but the following week should be ok.

Tasha x

Thanks Rebecca. Glad to see things are going well. Have looked at your gallery and you seem to be enjoying Oz. Hopefully we'll be there soon.

Tasha x

Last edited by 4Reids; Jul 25th 2007 at 8:09 pm. Reason: Coz I cant do this multi quote thing
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Things are going from bad to worse!

It's happened to us too!! we had 4 or 5 days to go and our buyers buyer pulled out but they are desperate to still buy our house and are now offering to give us the deposit to hold it for them (which we have for 6 weeks!!) so its a good offer i know but it's not the money right now that matters , it's getting it all sold and completed thats the important part so we can all bugger off and begin our new lives in Aus which is slightly (ahem) more complex than moving down the road, not that many people around us seem to realise

I hope you sell really quickly We have 2 viewings on the weekend which is a bit naughty but I just want to sell the bloody house and go . If it doesn't sell soon we might just book the flights and leave it to my Sister to sell . Anyone done it that way???

Loads a luck

Zo
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:56 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

good luck tp you all and fingers crossed it all happens soon.
we are off to sign contracts 2mo but in this country its never final until the monies in the bank
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thewoodz
good luck tp you all and fingers crossed it all happens soon.
we are off to sign contracts 2mo but in this country its never final until the monies in the bank
Too true!!

Hope it all goes smoothly