Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

They've gone!!!!!!!!

They've gone!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:06 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry They've gone!!!!!!!!

Well, they've been here 5 weeks and have decided to move out to a holiday unit up the road! Bloody in - laws!!

Earlier in the week we were feeling a little stifled and decided to speak to them and ask if they wouldn't mind giving us a little time alone every now and again! Bear in mind we rented a nice big 4 bed house with pool 'especially' for them to come and live with us. We have furnished two bedrooms for them and generally bent over backwards to make them feel welcome. They refuse to use the downstairs section that we had planned for them because 'it is like a dungeon'!!!

The MIL has left the house approximately 5 times in 5 weeks. The FIL, in between sleeping for approx 22 hours of every day, has left the house twice in 5 weeks. They have shown no interest in buying a car, buying a house, going out for meals, days out yaddah yaddah yaddah! When they are not sleeping they are just 'in our faces' - we are obviously their only form of entertainment and it has become a real strain for us, to the extent were it is starting to affect our relationship. I would get up for work at 3.30 am and he would also 'get up' and just hang around til I left the house! I would get in at night and they would be 'there'! So, earlier in the week, C had to say something!

The result? Her Mother bursting into tears, stomping around the house, screaming that 'she knows when she's not wanted' and that we are treating them both like shit on our shoes blaady blaady blah!

Blaming it all on me - saying it was me and not C who had the problem with them - totally untrue incidentally!

Anyways, to cut a long story short, they decided they were going home - just like that! Never mind that they had spent years selling their house and everything they own back in the UK to come out here! I eventually managed to calm her down by giving as good as she was - surprised her a bit and told her a few home truths!

So, in a week, they have bought a car AND found a unit to rent short term - long term? Who bloody cares!!! They are currently stomping round the house on their high horses thinking they have won something - MIL is refusing to look C in the eye, FIL hiding in his room til they go at 12!

Oh, and MIL quips up this morning, 'I am taking the bedding you bought because I cant be bothered to trapse around the shops buying new stuff'! WTF!!!!! 'kin old bag!

Be glad to see the back of em, miserable bastards!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:16 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They've gone!!!!!!!!

Sounds like it's been hell

And WTF were you doing bringing the MIL & FIL to Aus? Most peole emigrate to get away

Do they have visas to live in Aus then?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:17 am
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Well, they've been here 5 weeks and have decided to move out to a holiday unit up the road! Bloody in - laws!!

Earlier in the week we were feeling a little stifled and decided to speak to them and ask if they wouldn't mind giving us a little time alone every now and again! Bear in mind we rented a nice big 4 bed house with pool 'especially' for them to come and live with us. We have furnished two bedrooms for them and generally bent over backwards to make them feel welcome. They refuse to use the downstairs section that we had planned for them because 'it is like a dungeon'!!!

The MIL has left the house approximately 5 times in 5 weeks. The FIL, in between sleeping for approx 22 hours of every day, has left the house twice in 5 weeks. They have shown no interest in buying a car, buying a house, going out for meals, days out yaddah yaddah yaddah! When they are not sleeping they are just 'in our faces' - we are obviously their only form of entertainment and it has become a real strain for us, to the extent were it is starting to affect our relationship. I would get up for work at 3.30 am and he would also 'get up' and just hang around til I left the house! I would get in at night and they would be 'there'! So, earlier in the week, C had to say something!

The result? Her Mother bursting into tears, stomping around the house, screaming that 'she knows when she's not wanted' and that we are treating them both like shit on our shoes blaady blaady blah!

Blaming it all on me - saying it was me and not C who had the problem with them - totally untrue incidentally!

Anyways, to cut a long story short, they decided they were going home - just like that! Never mind that they had spent years selling their house and everything they own back in the UK to come out here! I eventually managed to calm her down by giving as good as she was - surprised her a bit and told her a few home truths!

So, in a week, they have bought a car AND found a unit to rent short term - long term? Who bloody cares!!! They are currently stomping round the house on their high horses thinking they have won something - MIL is refusing to look C in the eye, FIL hiding in his room til they go at 12!

Oh, and MIL quips up this morning, 'I am taking the bedding you bought because I cant be bothered to trapse around the shops buying new stuff'! WTF!!!!! 'kin old bag!

I love it, great tale, sitting here p!ssing myself with laughter, you deserve a medal, five weeks, me five days would be a stuggle!

I would get up for work at 3.30 am
Jeez, what time you in bed 6pm?

Last edited by brendarover; Apr 19th 2008 at 1:21 am.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:19 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Count to 100 Fluffy!! If you get through this with sanity intact Im sure you`ll be rewarded in another life (or maybe you`re being punished for something you did in a previous one)
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need some ideas for a new banner now.Im sure we can come up with someething..........
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Families !!! Don't you just luv em!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:48 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they've been here 5 weeks and have decided to move out to a holiday unit up the road!
Result!!!

But seriously, when I read that they were coming to live with you I thought, 'kinell, that's a recipe for disaster! But don't know you or your relationship with the in-laws, so hoped for the best.

You tried, mate. Sounds like you both tried very hard, in fact, to welcome them and accommodate them. I wonder if the enormity of what they've done, how life changing it is, has just hit them?

Moving out but not back is the best thing they could do, IMO. Give you all time to calm down, have some space, let them decide if it's really what they want, and hopefully save your relationship with them.

Best of Luck.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:15 am

Well, they've just left!

I snuck out up the shop to 'get myself some fags' in order to escape the Drama Queen's Grand exit!!!

Just checked the history file on the laptop that she has left at ours (she cant use it in the rental coz the wireless router that WE bought wont work there) - it's full of links to UK estate agents!!

I cannot believe they travel all this way, dont go out and then start planning to return to the UK after only a few weeks of seeing Jack Shit!!!

Some people - good bloody riddance! :curse:
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Fluff. I thought you incredibly brave (or stupid ) when you said they were coming to move in with you. Really odd behaviour for a couple who planned on moving out here, more the behaviour of parents who've come on holiday for a couple of months.

Hope the relationship recovers. You were obviously all close up to a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Well, they've just left!

I snuck out up the shop to 'get myself some fags' in order to escape the Drama Queen's Grand exit!!!

Just checked the history file on the laptop that she has left at ours (she cant use it in the rental coz the wireless router that WE bought wont work there) - it's full of links to UK estate agents!!

I cannot believe they travel all this way, dont go out and then start planning to return to the UK after only a few weeks of seeing Jack Shit!!!

Some people - good bloody riddance! :curse:
I have to put up with the same crap form my in-laws..it all ended in tears too. That's why i'm glad we are leaving mainly because of them.

Ingnore them, thats what i do. Concentrate on your own life's.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I take it then they have decided to emigrate here too and it's not just a holiday visit?

In which case, maybe they are feeling a bit shellshocked. We all know how hard it is to uproot our lives and move somewhere where you dont know anyone, you find it hard because although it is similar to the UK it is also vastly different. I'm sure most, if not all, of us have gone throught that phase when you suddently think "OMG this isnt a holiday, this is for the rest of our lives.... gulp".

Maybe they are feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed with it all.

Sorry, dont mean to belittle what you've been feeling as I'm sure it would do my head in too BUT try and see it from their side a bit as well.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:48 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Sod it mate. You can choose your friends hey ?

Well done for putting up with it all for so long. I'm sure it will all work itself out in the end. Some people just aren't migration material.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:06 am

Well, it's been 1 hour since they left and to be honest, it is SOOOO nice to have the house back to ourselves. Caroline is upset (but hiding it) - feels like she has 'lost' her parents. Just told me, she just wants to imagine they dont even exist right now!

We know what a huge step it is, moving to the other side of the world - bin there dun that, but at least we made some effort. They have made none - not a jot, in order to at least 'try' and settle.

We feel like our world has been turned upside down AGAIN! Just as soon as we settle and start making plans for the future, to INCLUDE the in-laws, all of this happens. It's like being back at square one! We are living in a big old house where we use probably a third of it - all the dreams of building a big house together with them have gone out of the window. We were gonna buy a boat together, do this together, do that together......ah well, onwards and upwards I suppose!

TBH, they really are strange people anyway - god knows where C gets her brains and beauty from

Really worried about C though - she is walking around like it's all OK, and I can tell that inside she is crying hard

Lesson learned I guess. Put it this way, they are not welcome in any house I am living in again!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:08 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Dancing round the house naked now then...wooohoooo
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Dancing round the house naked now then...wooohoooo
Not quite, but a nice thought!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.