Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is there one thing your kids have said...

Is there one thing your kids have said...

Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there one thing your kids have said...

Not so much one thing but my 5 year old daughter says Mummy I love you at least 5 times a day.Coming from a family that do not show their emotions it is wonderful.Sue.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

This afternoon in the library, whilst rummaging in my bag for crayons, my 5 year old came across 2 x tampons. He shouted from across the room 'Mummy, what are these for'. There were loads of people round and lots of sniggers - luckily I was with a pal and we just cracked up.

Youngest recently said that he would love me for the rest of his life and that we would always be together even when we are 200. Gawd, I find this sooo sad, softee that I am. I know I'm going to have to tell him about dying sooner or later, but with him being 5, I think it can wait a bit longer - can't it?

Oh, and eldest could never say Flamingo - it was always flamingalow. Aw bless.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

daniellemc will become famous soon enoughdaniellemc will become famous soon enough

Ahhh, some lovely ones on here....

We just had a curry for tea and I love it when my 5 year old asks me to pass her the 'pomppadoms' and the 'nan-nan bread'.

What made me smile the other day was when she said she wishes that I was her age so i could be in her class at school....

The thing that upset me once was when she said, 'Mummy, when I die, please will you die with me'....

Wow, I love my children!! My other one is 2 and she is a basically a mini-me of her sister.... I feel all emotional now!

Danielle X
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:41 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

When my kids were about 4, 5 and 6, I found my eldest daughters first school photo with her face scratched out. Furious, I called the kids together from in front of the tv and asked them which one had scratched it. No one owned up and they all looked very innocent
So I made them sit on the stairs until one of them confessed. They sat there for ages, so I asked them again. Still no one owned up. And again they sat! And sat! And sat!
Eventually a little voice (my 5 year old angelic looking son ) said quietly, "Mummy, what will you do to the person who did it?"
I knew then who the pint sized culprit was

I still remind him of that every time when he lies to me now. (Except he's now a strapping 19 year old that I have to crane my neck to look up at )

P.S. Oh, and he got sent to his room with a clip round the ear and no tv for a week. Bless! (When he was 5 - not now!)

Julie. x
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:29 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

On Friday I was driving with my 5 year old daughter when she suddenly said "I'm a sexy woman!" Apparently one of the little boys in her prep class was saying it to all the girls last week.

Then yesterday we were having a discussion about her little spending money that she gets sometimes for helping out. I think she's got about $4 at the moment. I told her that kids don't usually have lots of money, the parents have all the money. Then she said "but when the parents die the kids get all the money!"
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:32 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...or done that you will never forget?
My eldest was almost 5 when my husband died - when I told the boys what had happened, he took my hand and said 'don't worry Mummy. I won't go to school, I'll get a job and look after you'

On a more cheerful note, for some reason the same child always called trifle 'woof woof'. It was his 18th a week or so back and the restaurant we went to had trifle on the menu. We told him if he wanted it, he had to ask for woof woof. Which he did. God knows what the waitress thought
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Not one from my kids... but this one still makes me laugh

Told my sis in law (who hasnt really travelled anywhere outside her home town in England) that I was going to the New Forest for the weekend... she looked confused and said "is that similar Center Parcs then?"

I still give her grief over it today (which she hates!)

Em x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Any tips on how to survive this period in our lives?
Remind them just how much smarter they are as teenagers than you are now and that your just a 'dumbfiretruck' (or similar).

When they turn 21 as an adult, guess what? They are now the same as you, just a dumb.........

WW
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

We've got 4 kids but my son asked me last week "Is it too late for me to be an only child?"

The funniest I can think of was my daughter who was aged about 6 at the time. We were sitting around the table having a family meal with grandparents and uncles etc when she said "Dad I've got something you haven't got?" "What's that?" he said tucking into his food "A Vagina!" she said proudly, at which point he spat his food all over the table! The food went cold we were laughing that much. Still makes me smile to this day!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Any tips on how to survive this period in our lives?
Forget about the trivial just concentrate on the major issues, don't take it personally and when it all gets too much, say what you need to say then put earplugs in so you can't hear the moaning!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Mum,I cant wait to get my period so I can get it over and done with.I had to explain that it wasnt just a one off day thing.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Walking across Whitfords shopping centre car park and my 7 year old who was 5 at the time pointed to a Sikh man walking nearby and shouted very loudly 'look Mum, there is a genie' He turned around and smiled but I was mortified!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Remind them just how much smarter they are as teenagers than you are now and that your just a 'dumbfiretruck' (or similar).

When they turn 21 as an adult, guess what? They are now the same as you, just a dumb.........

WW
Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Forget about the trivial just concentrate on the major issues, don't take it personally and when it all gets too much, say what you need to say then put earplugs in so you can't hear the moaning!

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Mum,I cant wait to get my period so I can get it over and done with.I had to explain that it wasnt just a one off day thing.
If only!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The other day I was getting my 7 year old son ready for the school run and I plonked his hat on his head and said, "If you want to get ahead, get a hat." Without missing a beat he said, "And if you want to go further, get a hard hat."

First time I met my next door neighbours in the UK, invited round for drinks, sitting on his deck having a cool beer. His (then) 7 year old daughter comes out and my neib says, "Molly this is Hutch our new next door neighbour," and she says, "Very nice to meet you." Then after a short pause, she declares, "I've got new shoes, a new dress and nooooooooo knickers!"and hoists her dress up to prove the point.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:25 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The other day I was getting my 7 year old son ready for the school run and I plonked his hat on his head and said, "If you want to get ahead, get a hat." Without missing a beat he said, "And if you want to go further, get a hard hat."

First time I met my next door neighbours in the UK, invited round for drinks, sitting on his deck having a cool beer. His (then) 7 year old daughter comes out and my neib says, "Molly this is Hutch our new next door neighbour," and she says, "Very nice to meet you." Then after a short pause, she declares, "I've got new shoes, a new dress and nooooooooo knickers!"and hoists her dress up to prove the point.
- bet you didn't know where to look. The innocence of children ey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.